LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 179 users in the forums

Jahvid Best ?

i want CJ Spiller
Originally posted by AC49er:
Wouldn't be surprised to see him back at Cal next year
his mom has publicly stated that she wants him to stay and graduate his senior year
Originally posted by billybonka:
his mom has publicly stated that she wants him to stay and graduate his senior year

he seems like the kind of kid that wants to stay and get his degree as well
Originally posted by ads_2006:

he seems like the kind of kid that wants to stay and get his degree as well

i respect that, i'd love for him to stay

thanks for telling us so late !
it all depends on how Cal does this season though

hell, if they make it to the rose bowl or national championship game, his stock is probably going to be high

and may just go into the draft.

Yeah I actually ran into Jahvids dad, mom, and sister before the game last saturday. Nobody knew who they were but my dad taught him and his sister when they were in 8th grade. They are really nice people. I believe he is staying but it all depends on this season.
If by season's end he's the unanimous top HB in the nation and projected top-10 pick, I could see him declaring, and I still wouldn't put my money on it
He would be an upgrade over Gore... sorry to say it but its true. He has elite speed, elusiveness, and vision. Can catch too.

Yes, getting Eric Berry with Carolina's top 5 pick and Best with ours would add a whole other layer of explosiveness to the team that has been lacking for some time.
The 49ers have a problem drafting players from CAL. I don't know why they can't tap the Bay Area talent a little more. We have some very good NFL players from right here in our backyard, on the board when we pick and we pass. Pull the damn trigger on Best.

That would be the smartest thing a kid could do in normal circumstances. But this year will be differant. There may be a flood of players entering the draft early due to the CBA.

He should stay in school. Yes

Will He ?? that's a big question mark

I'd hate to see hi miss a big pay-day. He deserves it more than Crabs. Jahvid, is truely a good kid.. not a punk
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Best better come out. I want him more and more every day.
Originally posted by crzy:

dude, we wouldn't draft him

In a dream ....

I could see slim chances of us trading away Gore and having a duo of Coffee and Best, which I would not mind AT ALL depending on what kind of value we could get for him. We could get a 1st for him
Originally posted by Conejo:

In a dream ....

I could see slim chances of us trading away Gore and having a duo of Coffee and Best, which I would not mind AT ALL depending on what kind of value we could get for him. We could get a 1st for him

I don't get why we would have to trade Gore, it's not like he's going to play 10 more years
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by Conejo:

In a dream ....

I don't get why we would have to trade Gore, it's not like he's going to play 10 more years

Because I don't see us drafting Best if we have both Gore and Coffee on our roster.

Because I believe Coffee could step in and not be much of a drop-off from Gore's play, especially in his 2nd year

Because having to trade one of the guys away, I'd trade Gore simply because he'd get us much better value than Coffee.

But I'd be ok with trading Coffee, I just think moving forward, Coffee over Gore would be the smarter choice.

And for the record, I'm a bigger Gore fan than I'm a Willis' fan, and that should tell you how much I like him
Share 49ersWebzone