There are 141 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who is the best choice to fill our OT hole in the 2010 Draft?

Who is the best choice to fill our OT hole in the 2010 Draft?

Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by Kelv:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Sam Young in the 2nd round. QB and OLB/DE in the first round.

If we are looking for a RT in the draft then this is absolutely the way to go. The guy's massive, played in a pro style O and has the ability to do it all. A more than decent pass blocker for a man his size. Should be available in the 2nd and that's about as high I'd draft a RT. I'm all for a QB high in the draft then an impact pass rusher with our 2nd 1st rounder.

If we wait until the 2nd round I hope we are able to trade back with our 1st pick & get some extra picks.

That would be awesome.
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by 49ers1fan1982:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
it all depends on what spot we get

Thats true we may be using a 2nd round pick instead of a 1st so that will eliminate some of the top players.

True, i would rather go D with our 2 first rounders. We might have something in QB Nate Davis

Too early to guess about Davis but one thing is for sure, we don't have something on the O line.
It looks like we need to find a right tackle & a guard & maybe a new o-line coach.
It looks like we need to find a right tackle & a guard & maybe a new o-line coach.

T. Williams, Mike Iupati and Pat Ruel, USC's OL Coach, come on down!

Originally posted by ninertico:

T. Williams, Mike Iupati and Pat Ruel, USC's OL Coach, come on down!

I would be very happy with that scenario!
I know Jason Fox of Miami is kinda dinged coming into the work out season, but the more I look the more I like.

you would rather take a QB then a KR or a CB wow just wow

Sam Young would make Adam Snyder look like a pro bowler. Young will be out of the league within a few years.
Brian Bulaga!

He should be available when it's our turn to choose, and we can then have two OT's who have TE experience!
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:

Sam Young would make Adam Snyder look like a pro bowler. Young will be out of the league within a few years.

That was a long time ago in the offseason and then they played the games. Apparently I am not Nostradamus reincarnated. I am now publishing a complete and utter retraction of my post from months ago

McCloughan is a BPA kind of guy. No telling who might fall to the 49ers this year (nobody expected Crabtree last year), so despite anybody's wishes for an OT or whatever, I think we all may be surprised...again.
We are gonna have a solid choice of guys to choose from. It all is going to depend on which guys Solari & the 49ers brass fall in love with.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home