There are 74 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Questions about Colt McCoy...

I'm not really a fan of Colt McCoy, it seems like to me that he'll be a better college QB than NFL QB. His arm strength doesn't really do much for me, and it seems he relies on his legs more often than I'm comfortable with. I haven't seen Snead much, but I think I'll have him at the top of the list.
  • Riot
  • Veteran
Guys, I gotta say.

I seriously think Colt McCoy has one of the stupidest names I've ever heard. It's just so dumb, so ridiculously cartoonish it makes him seem like a bad cowboy caricature. And let me tell you, I can't stand Texas. That whole "hook 'em horns" crap is almost as dumb as the "wreck 'em tech" or the Florida State judo-chop thing.

So for awhile now I've disliked McCoy, hated all the hype he was getting, and was absolutely disgusted by the idea of the Niners drafting him.

But damn, fellas. I've seen the light. It's like he can put the ball wherever the hell he wants. Defenders? Nah, he'll put it in just the right spot so there's no chance of anybody but the receiver to get a hand on it. It's unreal.

And the way he moves in the pocket is crazy. People talk about quarterbacks feeling the pocket, but this guy IS the pocket. Someone else said it was Steve Young-esque and I wouldn't go that far, but the guy just glides around the field.

I want him on my team. In a BAD way.