LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 277 users in the forums

49ers to Target the 2010 QB Draft Class???

If you're interested, Washington @ Notre Dame is on NBC now! (QBs Jake Locker vs. Jimmy Clausen)
Originally posted by PTulini:
If you're interested, Washington @ Notre Dame is on NBC now! (QBs Jake Locker vs. Jimmy Clausen)

how the qb's doing?
  • Kelv
  • Veteran
Originally posted by battletowin:

how the qb's doing?

Just turned on. Locker just ran another in on a QB draw. 4 of 4 passing. Really like this kid. Has the talent to be a top level QB.

[ Edited by Kelv on Oct 3, 2009 at 12:57:39 ]

I thought both Jake Locker and Jimmy Clausen played very well. If I had my choice, I would still like to draft Colt McCoy, but I wouldn't Locker or Clausen either. In fact, Matt Maiocco says:

Quote:

It's ridiculously early to make such outlandish predictions, but Jimmy Clausen as the No. 1 overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft is within the realm of possibility. Most NFL insiders think any junior with a decent pro grade will declare for the 2010 NFL Draft to guard against uncertainty for rookies in 2011.
  • NinersSC
  • Info N/A
First round: Taylor Mays, Terrence Cody
Second round: Tim Hiller or Dan Lefevour (My choice is Lefevour)
Originally posted by NinersSC:

My choices:

First Round - Eric Berry (S) and Ciron Black (RT)
Second Round - Jerry Hughes (OLB)
Third Round - Dan Williams (NT)
Originally posted by SF69ers:

My choices:

I would love it.

I'm all for not drafting a QB at all and trying to coach up Nate Davis.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

My choices:

I would love it.

Exactly what I was thinking.

My choices:

I would love it.

See, I like being optimistic about our talent as well, but I'm asking the question can we really afford to miss this opportunity??? There will be many very good qb's available in this draft, why not lock up the position long term, just because we might have a good qb waiting. You can never have too many good qbs and last I checked they're pretty valuable in trades as well. We might not have the opportunity to pick this high in a while, might as well take advantage of Carolina's early pick. I'm not saying take a qb just to take one, but if he's the best player on the board, we'd better take em.

My choices:

I would love it.

same here when im not sold at either bradford and mccoy and especially snead and tebow.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Sam Bradford is going back for his Senior season.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

and lose more money than he already has??? no way. There's going to be an abundance of underclassmen declaring with the belief of the rookie cap coming in 2011......that's why the Pats wanted the Raiders pick in that draft and not the next years. Bradford already did OU a favor by sticking around with a porous offensive line and look what it got him. He'll still be a top 5-10 pick and make oodles of guaranteed money. If the NFL goes to a true slotted/dictated system ala the NBA he'll lose an insane amount of money. Separated shoulder or not, there's no way imo that he'll go back.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by JDeezy:

and lose more money than he already has??? no way. There's going to be an abundance of underclassmen declaring with the belief of the rookie cap coming in 2011......that's why the Pats wanted the Raiders pick in that draft and not the next years. Bradford already did OU a favor by sticking around with a porous offensive line and look what it got him. He'll still be a top 5-10 pick and make oodles of guaranteed money. If the NFL goes to a true slotted/dictated system ala the NBA he'll lose an insane amount of money. Separated shoulder or not, there's no way imo that he'll go back.

Hey, I'm just repeating what was written on the bottom line of ESPN. But since you asked, if he comes out now, its a higher risk that he comes out this year. For one, his shoulder injury is lingering and could cost him the season and his draft stock. He won't be able to work out at the combines or his Pro Day. If he heals and goes back to school and has a good 2011 year, he has a chance to be the #1 overall pick in the draft.
Originally posted by JDeezy:

Hey, I'm just repeating what was written on the bottom line of ESPN. But since you asked, if he comes out now, its a higher risk that he comes out this year. For one, his shoulder injury is lingering and could cost him the season and his draft stock. He won't be able to work out at the combines or his Pro Day. If he heals and goes back to school and has a good 2011 year, he has a chance to be the #1 overall pick in the draft.

I was unaware of that link.......the irony a mod not attributing a link or ref of some sort........anyways as to your last point, even with a slotting system the number 1 pick in 2011 would still fall short of a top 5 pick in 2010.
Originally posted by GoFD74:
Let the Tebow hate commence...

As an OU guy, I like the Tebow hate stuff. Still bitter over that national championship thing.
Share 49ersWebzone