There are 225 users in the forums

49ers to Target the 2010 QB Draft Class???

Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by PTulini:
If it were up to me, say we get a top 5 pick from Carolina's record... Then a low 20's pick from our record (playoffs):

I would love to draft:

Safety Eric Berry (Tenn)

Defensive end/OLB Jerry Hughes (TCU)

Fixed

PLEASE DON'T FIX MY CHOICES!
If it were up to me, say we get a top 5 pick from Carolina's record... Then a low 20's pick from our record (playoffs):

I would love to draft:

Safety Eric Berry (Tenn)

Quarterback Colt McCoy (Texas)

Again... this is what I would do!

I would love to draft:

Safety Eric Berry (Tenn)

The 49ers are going to have 2 top 10 picks??? You think McCoy will be better then Nate Davis?
[ Edited by domesik on Oct 1, 2009 at 2:23 PM ]
Originally posted by domesik:

I would love to draft:

Safety Eric Berry (Tenn)

The 49ers are going to have 2 top 10 picks??? You think McCoy is will be better then Nate Davis?

Of course things could change, but currently everything I've read projects Colt McCoy to be selected between 15-32 in the 1st Round.

I would love to draft:

Safety Eric Berry (Tenn)

The 49ers are going to have 2 top 10 picks??? You think McCoy is will be better then Nate Davis?

Of course things could change, but currently everything I've read projects Colt McCoy to be selected between 15-32 in the 1st Round.

That's fair, I'm just in the boat that I believe that Nate Davis can be the QB of the future and I'd love for the 49ers to spend those 1st rounders in other areas.

NOTE: Also, some Crabtree info in there near the end!
question is if niners are convinced davis is the future qb, how much time to do we give him to develop before we start him? are we doin the same thing the bucs are doin with josh freeman by making watch the game and hold the clipboard?
Originally posted by battletowin:
question is if niners are convinced davis is the future qb, how much time to do we give him to develop before we start him? are we doin the same thing the bucs are doin with josh freeman by making watch the game and hold the clipboard?

I don't think the niners are convinced he's the future. If they were, he'd be the number 2 QB on the roster. At #3, he's getting no reps on the practice field. At least no where near the amount he should get if he indeed is looked at as our future.
^^Damn you Mel Kiper for giving Crabtree hope. No way does he get picked in the top 10.

I think the answer to that is how effective Hill will be and for how long. Lets just say for kicks that Hill continues his play and the 49ers keep winning...and he stays healthy. I could see Hill starting this year AND next if they feel Davis isn't ready and have Nate start in 2 years. Then again, if Hill finishes the year as the starter and the 49ers let Smith go in the offseason (oh please, oh please) and they let Davis and Hill have a QB comp. this offseason I don't see how Davis doesn't beat out Hill. I just get the feeling that the 49ers want Hill to keep the seat warm until Davis is ready.

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

I don't think the niners are convinced he's the future. If they were, he'd be the number 2 QB on the roster. At #3, he's getting no reps on the practice field. At least no where near the amount he should get if he indeed is looked at as our future.

I disagree, I believe that he is the #3 because Sing doesn't want to put undue pressure on the kid. Right now the #2 QB has 4+ years experience in the NFL and at one time was the future and yada yada yada yada. This is Davis's first year in the NFL and I think the 49ers learned what happens when you throw your QB to the wolves too early. So let Hill/Smith sink of swim but GROOM davis to be ready to take over.
^^Damn you Mel Kiper for giving Crabtree hope. No way does he get picked in the top 10.

I disagree, I believe that he is the #3 because Sing doesn't want to put undue pressure on the kid. Right now the #2 QB has 4+ years experience in the NFL and at one time was the future and yada yada yada yada. This is Davis's first year in the NFL and I think the 49ers learned what happens when you throw your QB to the wolves too early. So let Hill/Smith sink of swim but GROOM davis to be ready to take over.

exactly why put a rookie 2nd string when you have a 4 yr vet. were not in a position to be desperate for a qb right since hill is playing well
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

exactly why put a rookie 2nd string when you have a 4 yr vet. were not in a position to be desperate for a qb right since hill is playing well

I agree. Nata Davis has all the intangibles and there's no reason to rush him. Hopefully he will be prepared when given the opportunity.
  • jame-gumb
  • Info N/A

Not that NFL teams listen to Mel Kiper, but that would be good for us. If NFL teams think he's going in the Top 10, they would be more likely to trade us a mid- to late-first round pick for him.
Share 49ersWebzone