LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

49ers to Target the 2010 QB Draft Class???

Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by PTulini:
If it were up to me, say we get a top 5 pick from Carolina's record... Then a low 20's pick from our record (playoffs):

I would love to draft:

Safety Eric Berry (Tenn)

Defensive end/OLB Jerry Hughes (TCU)

Fixed

I could deal with the two of them in the 1st round, and a RT in the second.
wow, if that happened, I would be the happiest man alive. Well, as long as we got rid of A.Smith as well.
If it were up to me, say we get a top 5 pick from Carolina's record... Then a low 20's pick from our record (playoffs):

I would love to draft:

Safety Eric Berry (Tenn)

well done sir. Well done
Fixed
I think we all agree that Eric Berry is a must have. The second pick in the 1st Rd is a toss up. I still think we need a QB and I like Colt McCoy! I think he could be available for the second pick.
[ Edited by PTulini on Sep 29, 2009 at 6:20 PM ]
I want to ask Maiocco whether the niners think Davis can be their future starter. I can see us not drafting a qb if they think so.
Originally posted by teeohh:
I want to ask Maiocco whether the niners think Davis can be their future starter. I can see us not drafting a qb if they think so.

Please explain what about Shaun Hill makes you think he isn't a goo solution at QB?
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:

Please explain what about Shaun Hill makes you think he isn't a goo solution at QB?

Hill is about to turn 30 years old, he is not a long term solution to anything. If we don't have younger guys behind him waiting we will end up screwing ourselves in the long run. No to mention how long do you think they will keep Smith on the roster?

I like Hill and I never said he wasn't a good solution but I'm not sure how many years we can get out of him. I wouldn't mind him starting next year unless he goes all Delhomme on us. But long term I'd like for Davis to be the guy and think he has potential to do so. Ideally it would be cool if Hill started next year and then Davis took over.

I like Hill and I never said he wasn't a good solution but I'm not sure how many years we can get out of him. I wouldn't mind him starting next year unless he goes all Delhomme on us. But long term I'd like for Davis to be the guy and think he has potential to do so. Ideally it would be cool if Hill started next year and then Davis took over.

i agree if hill can take us to the playoffs then i would have no trouble with him starting next yr unless the staff is 100% sure davis is ready to take this offense to another level and actually have the faith to let him air it out.
Please take Jake Locker this guys a stud.

Originally posted by Sjceruti:

Mortensen was on Mike & Mike this morning and said that Locker was ahead of Bradford on some scouts lists.

I like that Sarkisian is his coach at UW.
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Originally posted by Sjceruti:

Mortensen was on Mike & Mike this morning and said that Locker was ahead of Bradford on some scouts lists.

I like that Sarkisian is his coach at UW.

word? whoa

I thought he was going to play baseball?
Quote:
word? whoa

I thought he was going to play baseball?

Here's a link to the Mike & Mike podcast

Play the 9/30 one and fast forward to 13:40
[ Edited by DesiDez on Sep 30, 2009 at 8:48 PM ]

I would love to draft:

Safety Eric Berry (Tenn)

Fixed

welcome aboard... It seems the Jerry Hughes bandwagon is starting to get packed so grab a seat while you still can...
Originally posted by abowers1984:

I would love to draft:

Safety Eric Berry (Tenn)

Fixed

welcome aboard... It seems the Jerry Hughes bandwagon is starting to get packed so grab a seat while you still can...

The addition of these two and maybe a NT from Free Agency or the draft will give us a top 5 defense for sure.
Share 49ersWebzone