LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

taylor mays

ima have to look into Eric Berry never heard of him, but Mays is a sav
  • cgida
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
forget mays, eric berry is the PLAYMAKER we need, we dont need someone who will just hit. but then again if goldson shows up and plays really well we may not need a safety

I agree, Goldson has the heart to play this hard. If he shows he is the future let's go get one of the QB's that will come out next year.
i love taylor mays

but just as some prefer eric berry over mays, i have a slightly stronger love for Major Wright over mays/berry..

[ Edited by MaliCali on May 23, 2009 at 12:36 PM ]
Originally posted by MaliCali:
i love taylor mays

but just as some prefer eric berry over mays, i have a slightly stronger love for Major Wright over mays/berry..

The Wright hit was illegal, he led with his helmet. I know it didn't get called, I'm just saying the Mays hit looked like a foul and wasn't and Wrights was a foul and not called.

Who cares, both were great plays.

Man I hated seeing my Sooners go down like that again...
he didnt lead with his head, its just that angle they give you with that closeup..he definitely hit him with his left shoulder primarily..

had he actually drove his head into johnson with that much force, wright would have been the one having problems getting up, let alone getting up and celebrating instantaneously...
Mays is sick but Berry is better.
Originally posted by CashusClay123:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Gotta love this hit by Mays!!!

Except he hit his own player!

I like Eric Berry more, but would love to get Taylor as well.

Before he decided to stay in school for his senior year there was a lot of speculation the Nienrs would be very interested in him at #10.
  • TheNatureBoy
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Trajik1:
ima have to look into Eric Berry never heard of him, but Mays is a sav

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk7Oj8wmRLQ

Knowshon Has !!!!!
Originally posted by 9er_84:
Originally posted by billybonka:
he's that good.

could work on a few things & I've seen him commit/give up big plays, but his combination of size and speed is rare.

1st rounder as projected, easy.
What? Did u even watch any usc games? They only gave up one deep ball all season!!! I'm sorry to call u out but yea its a testament to how well he plays

I agree, I think Mays is awesome. The same things they say about Mays (not a playmaker, not good in coverage) is the same thing they said about Sean Taylor. I think Mays will be a stud. Also, how sick would it be to have 49ers jersey with MAYS and 24 on it? Sick.....
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by CashusClay123:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Gotta love this hit by Mays!!!

Except he hit his own player!

I like Eric Berry more, but would love to get Taylor as well.

Before he decided to stay in school for his senior year there was a lot of speculation the Nienrs would be very interested in him at #10.

Well even if so, I still think they would've chosen Crabtree over Mays.

If it was between Mays and Eric Berry, Berry would be my choice every single time. The guy has made an impact at both CB and FS. There is no way Mays compares when it comes to the big plays Berry has made. 12 INT's over 2 years plus over 450 return yards and 3 TD's. This guy could become an Ed Reed type of player in the pros. I like big hits, but the game changing turnovers that Berry provides are more valuable.

NINER MADMAN
I just wonder whether Mays is going to continue to get bigger and eventually turn into a LB.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
If it was between Mays and Eric Berry, Berry would be my choice every single time. The guy has made an impact at both CB and FS. There is no way Mays compares when it comes to the big plays Berry has made. 12 INT's over 2 years plus over 450 return yards and 3 TD's. This guy could become an Ed Reed type of player in the pros. I like big hits, but the game changing turnovers that Berry provides are more valuable.

NINER MADMAN

Exactly. Plus, Mays is more of a SS and Berry is a true FS. We need a FS, and a play-maker and that is what Berry is. Mays has 1 INT in his USC career. No thank you.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ninergold:
I just wonder whether Mays is going to continue to get bigger and eventually turn into a LB.

That's a good question, and the Combine will also expose him if he does.
  • volfan2008
  • Info N/A
I don't get how everyone thinks Mays is so great, yeah he's big but the guy isn't half the player Berry is. The people pointing out Mays's hits haven't seen Berry's, which are more impressive IMO than hitting little ole CAL receivers like Mays. I'd sure hope a 6'3 240 pound DB could lay the wood to 5'10 175 pound receivers. And the guy who said Major Wright, lol is all I can say about that.
[ Edited by volfan2008 on May 26, 2009 at 11:43 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone