LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

taylor mays

i don't really watch college football so i don't now alot about taylor mays. what i do kno is that usc had a very good defense. is taylor mays really that good or was it the defense. i would think that it was the defense that allowed him to do al the things that he has done but idk. what do you guys think?
he's that good.

could work on a few things & I've seen him commit/give up big plays, but his combination of size and speed is rare.

1st rounder as projected, easy.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Gotta love this hit by Mays!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Clean hit, led with his shoulder..
Originally posted by 49123:

thats what i thought
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Originally posted by 49123:

thats what i thought

omg..thanks for the replies guys
forget mays, eric berry is the PLAYMAKER we need, we dont need someone who will just hit. but then again if goldson shows up and plays really well we may not need a safety
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
forget mays, eric berry is the PLAYMAKER we need, we dont need someone who will just hit. but then again if goldson shows up and plays really well we may not need a safety

I agree with this.
so how do you guy look at talent coming from college?

for awhile now i always thought that the people coming out of the teams that had less talent on the roster would become better players than the ones from the schools that are stacked. b/c the players that come from the weaker schools still make plays even tho they are on a less talented team, and its easier for the players on a stacked to make plays b/c he has better support. thats how i thought it was. what about u guys?
Originally posted by mike9er:

for awhile now i always thought that the people coming out of the teams that had less talent on the roster would become better players than the ones from the schools that are stacked. b/c the players that come from the weaker schools still make plays even tho they are on a less talented team, and its easier for the players on a stacked to make plays b/c he has better support. thats how i thought it was. what about u guys?

I can vaguely see your logic here, but I don't think you can generalize like that. Kansas State fits your definition of having one good player on a weaker roster most years. I know because that's my team. Sometimes our first round guys work out (Terrence Newman) and sometimes they don't (Chris Canty - the CB, not the DE), so its not always about the strength of the surrounding cast.

I think you have to evaluate each player individually. As long as you're talking about Div 1 schools and major conferences, things like which school or which conference they come from matter much less than they players themselves. I personally view things like that as more of a tiebreaker between two good prospects than as a reason to view them as good prospects in the first place.

I won't pretend to be the guru that some of the guys on this site are, but that's my 2 cents.

Originally posted by mike9er:

well also crappy teams usually play against crappy opposition

kids on crappy teams also stand out easier. Its harder to stand out on a stacked team.
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:

I agree with this.

I too concur. Taylor Mays lays the wood but Berry is just an overall better player. More of a ballhawk. It'll be like Roy Williams and Ed Reed outta the same draft. Don't think Taylor will suck like Williams turned out to, but Berry is gonna be studly.

I don't think Goldson is gonna be the guy, but I hope I'm wrong.

Except he hit his own player!

I like Eric Berry more, but would love to get Taylor as well.
Originally posted by billybonka:
he's that good.

could work on a few things & I've seen him commit/give up big plays, but his combination of size and speed is rare.

1st rounder as projected, easy.
What? Did u even watch any usc games? They only gave up one deep ball all season!!! I'm sorry to call u out but yea its a testament to how well he plays
Share 49ersWebzone