LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 191 users in the forums

Better NFL QB: McCoy or Bradford

Better NFL QB: McCoy or Bradford

Say our QB's completely bomb this year, and we know we need a new franchise QB. We're on the clock, and both of these QB's are available. Who do you take?

I'd take McCoy.
well ill take Bradford

but I want Tebow
Originally posted by DANADA:
well ill take Bradford

but I want Tebow

Why? He's gonna be terrible.
Tough to say....i have to go break down the tape.

Originally posted by Apples:
well ill take Bradford

but I want Tebow

Hey Apples...I'll bet you $100 Tebow wins a Super Bowl championship before either Bradford or McCoy.
Originally posted by GoFD74:
well ill take Bradford

but I want Tebow

Hey Apples...I'll bet you $100 Tebow wins a Super Bowl championship before either Bradford or McCoy.

Done!

Tebow is just another big-body, Vince Young type quarterback who wants to run first and pass second.
well ill take Bradford

but I want Tebow

Done!

Tebow is just another big-body, Vince Young type quarterback who wants to run first and pass second.

Wait for next season. Tebow ain't gonna be running nearly as much as he used to. Florida is going to air it out next season.
well ill take Bradford

but I want Tebow

Done!

DEAL!

You clearly haven't seen Tebow play that often. I'm a Tennessee Vols fan and I can't stand the guy, but even I see the overall game he has. His big body and movement in the pocket remind me of BigBen, his arm strength is even better than Steve Young's during his heyday, and his leadership/inspirational skills are a cross between Dan Marino and Brett Favre.

Now, I'm not saying he is a lock to be as good as any of the guys I mentioned above, but I think he has a chance at being that type of NFL QB. The biggest reason for his success in the NFL will be his ability to make plays. When he needs to, and when things are on the line, he has an uncanny ability to make plays either with is legs or through the air. That SOB just gets it done every time...it's amazing to watch.
well ill take Bradford

but I want Tebow

hahaha maybe as a WR or as just a wildcat QB, but not as a starting QB

I wouldnt trust anybody named Colt

I dont like any of the QBs coming out next year ill just hold out hope we can bring back Ken Dorsey
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
well ill take Bradford

but I want Tebow

Done!

I use to think that too about Tebow, and thought he looked awful at times throwing the ball. But I think my opinion might change about him this year with him having a new QB coach in Scott Loeffler. Loeffler helped develop Chad Heenne, Tom Brady and Brian Griese. If Loeffler can get Tebow's mechanic's anywhere looking close to them, I bet we will be looking at future top 20 pick.

• TX9R
  • Veteran
I'll wait til after this season. I'm curious to see how Bradford looks with an new line and WRs. I've seen Colt overcome adversity, I haven't with Bradford. Currently I would take Colt for this reason, but if Bradford lights it up this year I may change my mind. I'm thinking he'll fall a little, maybe a lot. Either way, he definately should have come out last year, he has nowhere to go but down and missed out on 41M.
If our QBs suck, and Bradford was still on the board, I would take him. But I see Tebow as more of a sure thing to be available for us.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
well ill take Bradford

but I want Tebow

I can't believe you said that, Ghost. Tebow is a running Qb, no throwing skills at all. Terrible statement by you.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
well ill take Bradford

but I want Tebow

Done!

DEAL!

You clearly haven't seen Tebow play that often. I'm a Tennessee Vols fan and I can't stand the guy, but even I see the overall game he has. His big body and movement in the pocket remind me of BigBen, his arm strength is even better than Steve Young's during his heyday, and his leadership/inspirational skills are a cross between Dan Marino and Brett Favre.

Now, I'm not saying he is a lock to be as good as any of the guys I mentioned above, but I think he has a chance at being that type of NFL QB. The biggest reason for his success in the NFL will be his ability to make plays. When he needs to, and when things are on the line, he has an uncanny ability to make plays either with is legs or through the air. That SOB just gets it done every time...it's amazing to watch.

I use to view you as the most intelligent poster on this forum as far as football goes. Then you go and slap these keystrokes down in this little text box!

But You can't let one play make or break your opinion on a player. So I guess I can't hold this one faux pas against you!

You seriously see him as an NFL QB?
Originally posted by mayo63:
well ill take Bradford

but I want Tebow

I can't believe you said that, Ghost. Tebow is a running Qb, no throwing skills at all. Terrible statement by you.

Like I said, I'm a Vols fan and watch way to many SEC games for my health.

If you REALLY think Tebow is a running QB and has no throwing skills at all, you CLEARLY have not seen him play all that much. I'd encourage you to watch the SEC Championship game from last year between Florida and Alabama (which had the nation's top-rated defense at the time).

Tebow went 14-22 with 3 HUGE TD passes (no picks), and all of them were done with pin-point accuracy...and this without his top threat Harvin. It was a masterful performance not by a running QB, but by a QB period.

Listen, I REALLY don't want to like this kid...I wish you knew how badly I want to hate him and talk crap about his ability and hope he ends up a backup FB in the NFL, but that's just not going to happen.

He's got that certain something that all great QBs need to be champions. You don't have to believe me, and you can dismiss my statement as someone who just doesn't know what he's talking about. That's ok. Let's just check back in a few years and see what happens.
Share 49ersWebzone