LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

The 2010 Draft and our 2 1st rounders

i hate predicting who we are going to draft, but I hope its a safety to replace lewis and O-LINE!
Originally posted by abowers1984:
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:
Our 2 first rounders will be-Russel Okung, and Taylor Mays or Taylor Mays and Terrence Cody.

I dont see any way that McCloughan would even consider drafting Terrence Cody... nor should he. Through the years McCloughan has shown that he simply refuses to spend high draft picks on players who are incapable of being able to stay on the field for 3rd downs.

cody not needed to unathletic and franklin is good im hoping for mays and OT
This is for the people who want us to draft Tony Pike to replace our QBs. This is a scouting report from WalterFootball.com on Pike:

Quote:
Tony Pike, Cincinnati - Scouting Report
Height: 6-6. Weight: 225.
Projected 40 Time: 4.91.
Projected Round (2010): 3-4.
10/10/09: Through five games, Tony Pike has 1,493 yards, 13 touchdowns, three picks and an 8.6 YPA. Pike doesn't have an NFL arm, but he could be a Shaun Hill type. At the very worst, he'll be a very good backup.
I wanted to list the prospects based on position and class to have a gauge of just how deep certain position are in the next draft in our positions of need: OT, OG, S, DE/OLB, and NT.

Bolds are top candidates

OT
Okung 1
Williams 1

Bulaga 1
Davis 1
Capers 1/2
Campbell 1/2
Black 2
Young 2
King 2
Solder 2

G
Lupati 1/2
Johnson 2
Hudson 2
Pouncy 2

S
Berry 1
Mays 1

Jones 2
Stuckey 2
Burnett 2
Allen 2
Chancellor 2

DE/OLB
Dunlop 1
Hardy 1

Morgan 1
Graham 1
Norwood 1
Griffen 1
Kindle 1
Sapp 1/2
Hughes 1/2
Selvie 1/2
Lang 2

NT
Cody 1
Who else here?

So who do we pick with our 2 1sts and our one second?

[ Edited by ninertico on Oct 14, 2009 at 16:22:22 ]
Originally posted by SF69ers:
This is for the people who want us to draft Tony Pike to replace our QBs. This is a scouting report from WalterFootball.com on Pike:

Quote:
10/10/09: Through five games, Tony Pike has 1,493 yards, 13 touchdowns, three picks and an 8.6 YPA. Pike doesn't have an NFL arm, but he could be a Shaun Hill type. At the very worst, he'll be a very good backup.

This is also the same WalterFootball that has Jimmy Clausen rated the #1 QB for 2010?

This is also the same WalterFootball that has Dez Bryant rated the #3 WR for 2010?

This is also the same WalterFootball that has Bryan Bulaga rated as the #2 OT for 2010?

This is also the same WalterFootball that doesn't have OG Mike Iupati listed for 2010?

This is also the same WalterFootball that doesn't have CB Patrick Robinson listed for 2010?

Dont trust everything you read!
If you want good info go here!!
Our 2 first rounders will be-Russel Okung, and Taylor Mays or Taylor Mays and Terrence Cody.

Are you choosing Taylor Mays because Eric Berry will probably be off the board by the time we pick?

I choose Mays because I think he is a much better fit for our team at SS. I think he will step in immediately and be a top SS in the league, Berry is a stud no doubt but I see Mays as a much better pick for this team. That being said if Caronlina tanks and we get a top 3 pick I would not complain about picking up a stud like Berry. To answer Rollin's question, I think if we keep Hill in at QB we will not be a playoff team to be honest.

I like Hill alot, but i'm starting to believe this too...
Originally posted by jreff22:

Quote:

This is also the same WalterFootball that has Jimmy Clausen rated the #1 QB for 2010?

This is also the same WalterFootball that has Dez Bryant rated the #3 WR for 2010?

This is also the same WalterFootball that has Bryan Bulaga rated as the #2 OT for 2010?

This is also the same WalterFootball that doesn't have OG Mike Iupati listed for 2010?

This is also the same WalterFootball that doesn't have CB Patrick Robinson listed for 2010?

This is also the same CBS Sports that gave the raiders a B+ for picking DHB at 7, and a B- to the niners for picking Crabtree at 10. Don't believe everything you read:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/11667443

Quote:

Umm, maybe you should take a look again. He hasn't updated the prospect rankings on the defensive side of the ball (except for defensive end) since May. The same goes with offensive linemen. They were all pretty much done before the season started. As for Dez being ranked #3, that was placed solely on him being suspended as well as Damian Williams and LaFell having good years.

One more thing, I know Bulaga was rated #2 and I agree he shouldn't be there. He should be #3.
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:

Quote:

This is also the same CBS Sports that gave the raiders a B+ for picking DHB at 7, and a B- to the niners for picking Crabtree at 10. Don't believe everything you read:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/11667443

I'm not concerned with CBS writers, they took over nfl draft scout which was a fantastic draft site. All prospects are being rated by the draft scout people...ratings you can trust.
  • Jamorir
  • Info N/A
Eric Norwood or Jerry Hughes should be drafted for the OLB position

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by abowers1984:

I dont see any way that McCloughan would even consider drafting Terrence Cody... nor should he. Through the years McCloughan has shown that he simply refuses to spend high draft picks on players who are incapable of being able to stay on the field for 3rd downs.

cody not needed to unathletic and franklin is good im hoping for mays and OT

Cody may look too slow and fat lazy. Hope our 2 first rounders will be Taylor Mays and Ruseel Okung or else OT that would be great
Another thing to watch like last year is where will these QBs land:
Bradford
McCoy
Locker
Claussen
Pike
Tebow

Could all these cats go in the first? Right now, I see Bradford and McCoy as top 10 picks easily. However, there is a huge buzz with Locker, Claussen and Pike. Could these three push for top 10 status as well.

These QBs coupled with Suh, G. McCoy and the OTs could feasibly push both Berry and Mays toward #10. Again, I think we will trade with a QB needy team for more picks if both safeties are gone.

Either way, we are getting some choice picks for our team!
Originally posted by ninertico:
Bradford
McCoy
Locker
Claussen
Pike
Tebow

Could all these cats go in the first? Right now, I see Bradford and McCoy as top 10 picks easily. However, there is a huge buzz with Locker, Claussen and Pike. Could these three push for top 10 status as well.

These QBs coupled with Suh, G. McCoy and the OTs could feasibly push both Berry and Mays toward #10. Again, I think we will trade with a QB needy team for more picks if both safeties are gone.

I feel like McCoy will probably go from the 15-32 range. Sam Bradford and Clausen may go top 10.
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,400 for tohara3.
Bradford
McCoy
Locker
Claussen
Pike
Tebow

I feel like McCoy will probably go from the 15-32 range. Sam Bradford and Clausen may go top 10.

If we have a top 10 pick I really wanna trade back if we can to get more picks.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Bradford
McCoy
Locker
Claussen
Pike
Tebow

If we have a top 10 pick I really wanna trade back if we can to get more picks.

If we miss out on Berry, we could trade back down for a later 1st and maybe a late 2nd or early 3rd. I know I might be a minority here, but I would like one of our 1st rounders to be CJ Spiller.
Share 49ersWebzone