LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

The 2010 Draft and our 2 1st rounders

We really have 4 prime pressing needs for us.

QB
NT
FS
OLB

If we can get our QB and a stud at one key defensive position we'll be in very good shape.
  • volfan2008
  • Info N/A
Mays sucks, Berry is for real.
[ Edited by volfan2008 on Apr 30, 2009 at 11:38 PM ]
  • SmithGore
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by volfan2008:
Mays is not even close to Berry, yeah he has the measurables but Berry is a playmaker and that's all that matters IMO. If we draft Mays over Berry I will be seriously disappointed.

Thank you. Being a psychical freak is great but not if its at the expense of playing your position. He's supposed to be this great FS, but hes a not a ballhawk. He's a hit first more athletic Roy Williams.
  • SmithGore
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
We really have 4 prime pressing needs for us.

QB
NT
FS
OLB

If we can get our QB and a stud at one key defensive position we'll be in very good shape.

I agree I would add RT, but with 2 first rounders and money in FA we could add 3-4 great players. I'M EXCITED.
  • SmithGore
  • Info N/A
I know this is VERY early on, but I love college football and I'm a draft freak. Obviously this early its impossible to know which players will go where, not to mention where we will be drafting, but just play along. Which players, or player(assuming we trade both to move up) would you most like in the first round? These are obviously only a few of the possibilities, but some that are rightfully intriguing.

If the answer is other. Post Who you want!
  • dman
  • Veteran
ERIC BERRY!
I like Berry, Suh and Selvie.
  • kj11aw
  • Info N/A
Berry and Suh
Berry and Boo Robinson
Berry and Bryan Bulaga
Berry and Tebow (maybe depending on our QB situation this year)
Berry and Sergio Kindle
Out of that list, Bradford, Mays, Berry, in that order. I don't like McCoy or Tebow as NFL passers, and I haven't watched enough of the OLB to get a good feeling.

Not a huge Cody fan, either.

• SmithGore
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by nipplehead:
Out of that list, Bradford, Mays, Berry, in that order. I don't like McCoy or Tebow as NFL passers, and I haven't watched enough of the OLB to get a good feeling.

I sort of agree with you on the passers, and very much so on Cody. I have watched the OLB's and I like Brandon Lang, Hardy, Kindle, Selvie. Look for Brandon lang to be the next Ware. Both 6'4'' 255 out of troy, supper athletic and great rushers.

My only issue; how can you like mays more than berry???? Have you seen both them play? FS is a cover position and Mays can't cover and berry is an amazing ballhawk
Bradford, Berry, or either of the tackles. I haven't seen nearly enough of any of the pass rushers to form an opinion yet.
Originally posted by SmithGore:

I sort of agree with you on the passers, and very much so on Cody. I have watched the OLB's and I like Brandon Lang, Hardy, Kindle, Selvie. Look for Brandon lang to be the next Ware. Both 6'4'' 255 out of troy, supper athletic and great rushers.

My only issue; how can you like mays more than berry???? Have you seen both them play? FS is a cover position and Mays can't cover and berry is an amazing ballhawk

No, I have to admit I haven't seen very many UT games. I'm placing Berry up there based solely on the hype he's getting and a few highlight reels of him. I hope to see more of him this year. My reasoning for placing Mays higher is that a) I really like Mays (watched all his games since I am a USC fan) and b) I haven't seen Berry play much. That could definitely change this year.

With respect to the OLB, hopefully Lawson can show he belongs as a starter. If not, though, I'm curious to see how those four guys you named can play. I hear a lot of good things about Kindle/Hardy/Selvie/Lang. Probably heard the most about Kindle, to be honest. Lang sounds interesting, but I've never seen him play - those small school guys always slip beneath my radar.
These would be my top prospects:

QB's - Colt McCoy or Jevan Snead
OT - Russell Okung or Adam Ulatoski
OLB's - Sergio Kindle or George Selvie
S - Eric Berry or Taylor Mays

NINER MADMAN
  • SmithGore
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by SmithGore:

No, I have to admit I haven't seen very many UT games. I'm placing Berry up there based solely on the hype he's getting and a few highlight reels of him. I hope to see more of him this year. My reasoning for placing Mays higher is that a) I really like Mays (watched all his games since I am a USC fan) and b) I haven't seen Berry play much. That could definitely change this year.

With respect to the OLB, hopefully Lawson can show he belongs as a starter. If not, though, I'm curious to see how those four guys you named can play. I hear a lot of good things about Kindle/Hardy/Selvie/Lang. Probably heard the most about Kindle, to be honest. Lang sounds interesting, but I've never seen him play - those small school guys always slip beneath my radar.

yeah. Keep an eye out for Lang. He will be a fast riser, and I guarantee a first round pick. Also try to catch any UT games, although they won't be very good, berry is the real deal. He's the next Ed Reed.
Share 49ersWebzone