LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 360 users in the forums

Brady Quinn anyone???

Brady Quinn anyone???

i think I would rather wait for Bradford
This is about the only thing he's done...

http://i19.tinypic.com/66axaf5.jpg
Originally posted by bigtony2tone:
This is about the only thing he's done...

http://i19.tinypic.com/66axaf5.jpg

wtf
absolutly freakin not-if he was that good they would not offer him up especially since he is so young. Never liked him-system quaterback like alex smith, don't need another one!
Originally posted by Johnster:
Today McCloughan said that, ''As everybody is well aware, ones are huge, especially, if we want to do anything with that pick anytime here out to next year..."

http://49ers.com/blog49/?p=454

This tells me that the Niners might be thinking about using a first rounder to trade for a player this year. Now that we locked up Crabtree, and don't need Braylon or Boldin, what about trading for Brady Quinn?

IMO, getting Quinn for what amounts to a 2nd rounder would be a great deal.

Trading a 1st for Shaun Rogers, yes. Julius Peppers, yes. A 1st rounder for crotch-grabbin Brady Quinn? That would be one of the worst moves in the history of our franchise if it were to ever transpire. He hasn't proven anything yet. We already have a 1st round project quarterback named Alex Smith, we don't need a second one.
I like the flexibility this extra first next year gives Niners. If there is current player available fitting a need ,Niners now have ammo to pull it off. As far as Quinn, I would love to see him in Niner Uni throwing to Crabtree not the losers we currently have.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by redmanc07:
Yeah he is coming in at under %50 completion rate and with 2tds and 2ints in 2 years proves it. If we trade anything more than a 4th for Quinn i will hunt down McCloughan

In how many games ? It's not like he has hardly much NFL in game experience.

Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Originally posted by Johnster:
Today McCloughan said that, ''As everybody is well aware, ones are huge, especially, if we want to do anything with that pick anytime here out to next year..."

http://49ers.com/blog49/?p=454

This tells me that the Niners might be thinking about using a first rounder to trade for a player this year. Now that we locked up Crabtree, and don't need Braylon or Boldin, what about trading for Brady Quinn?

IMO, getting Quinn for what amounts to a 2nd rounder would be a great deal.

can I ask what Quinn has done to be considered better than Shaun Hill? He's got a stronger arm, fine, but the kid's a looser and has sucked thus far

Nothing. But he has a lot of upside and potential, moreso than Hill.
Quinn has a lot of potential, but as we all know too well from teh Alex Smith story potential does NOT equal performance.

Rather try to acuire Peppers.
I don't think so and Hill is right in his prime. Quinn has a lot to learn. With the receiving corps that we now have, Hill's game management skills and accuracy are perfectly suited for this team NOW.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JeuSF49:
Quinn has a lot of potential, but as we all know too well from teh Alex Smith story potential does NOT equal performance.

Rather try to acuire Peppers.

No it doesn't but Quinn's college experience was in a pro style offense and he has sat and learned for 2 in the NFL. Quinn's chances to succeed are greater than Smith's ever were.

With that logic we should never bother to draft a QB because all QB's coming in have potential but that does not mean it will equal performance.

Originally posted by BigBug415:
I just figured everyone is talking about QB in next years draft so why not get a young player with a couple years under his belt.

Quinn to Crabtree??[/quote

Absolutely, but our einsteins running this team would not do it. They would rather pick Coffee in 3rd round , a guy who was not even on some draft boards.
If the Browns were interested in moving Quinn, they had an opportunity in this draft to effect a multi-team deal. They didn't...they could've had Sanchez...didn't take him. He looks to be their starter next year...so unless something very strange happens, I don't see him going anywhere.
what about the guy the bucs drafted last year from usd? remember what happened last time we traded with the bucs for a quarterback
i like how the "trade 49ers 1st round pick next year" is less of an option than the panthers.. have more faith in your team !
Brady would be a good addition for us....his skill set would fit in well with Jimmy Raye's system IMO. He can roll out and make all the throws and I think would do well using all of our weapons.

I think this could be a valid move.
Share 49ersWebzone