There are 172 users in the forums

Can we get PAT WHITE with the 74th pick???

I'm really not trying to stir the pot in here, but the conversation in here sounds a lot like somebody trying to defend Alex Smith in NT. The resemblance is uncanny.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I'm really not trying to stir the pot in here, but the conversation in here sounds a lot like somebody trying to defend Alex Smith in NT. The resemblance is uncanny.

• evil
  • Veteran
So where is boomer49er at ? His boy Pat White isn't looking to hot, reports out of Dolphins camp are NOT good.

Quote:
White’s play in training camp has bordered on awful. Tuesday, he overthrew Taurus Johnson on a 20-yard pass in which there was no defense.

A Dolphin's beat writer's opinion :

Quote:
The Dolphins would be best served cutting bait with White sooner rather than later, so the other quarterbacks can take more reps in practice.

Quote:
Pat White's passing was "borderline terrible on the practice field last year," according to the Palm Beach Post.

The Dolphins are stuck in a holding pattern with last year's second-round bust. He's fallen to No. 4 on the depth chart at quarterback, and early indications suggest he won't be utilized in the Wildcat formation as much this season.

Ouch. Sure am glad we never took him. Great college QB but not an NFL QB to date (even though it's still quite early) he seemingly hasn't made any progress as an NFL QB.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
So where is boomer49er at ? His boy Pat White isn't looking to hot, reports out of Dolphins camp are NOT good.

Quote:
White’s play in training camp has bordered on awful. Tuesday, he overthrew Taurus Johnson on a 20-yard pass in which there was no defense.

Quote:
The Dolphins would be best served cutting bait with White sooner rather than later, so the other quarterbacks can take more reps in practice.

Quote:
Pat White's passing was "borderline terrible on the practice field last year," according to the Palm Beach Post.

The Dolphins are stuck in a holding pattern with last year's second-round bust. He's fallen to No. 4 on the depth chart at quarterback, and early indications suggest he won't be utilized in the Wildcat formation as much this season.

Ouch. Sure am glad we never took him. Great college QB but not an NFL QB to date (even though it's still quite early) he seemingly hasn't made any progress as an NFL QB.

I remember having many debates with Boomer49er who thought Pat White was going to be a very good NFL QB and had him ranked ahead of Mark Sanchez. I thought he was a special teams punt returner who may get on the field a couple of plays as a wildcat QB.

[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Aug 4, 2010 at 09:07:47 ]
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I remember having many debates with Boomer49er who thought Pat White was going to be a very good NFL QB and had him ranked ahead of Mark Sanchez. I thought he was a special teams punt returner who may get on the field a couple of plays as a wildcat QB.

Boomer argued his point with everyone about Pat White. Look I believe Boomer is a fine poster but he jumped way off the deep end with his stance on PW.

I think if Pat gets cut, he will end up elsewhere this year but it now just goes to show he was overvalued as a 2nd round pick. He should have been taken in the 5th to 7th and would have best been served by spending a year or the PS developing. I think his struggles have weighed heavily on his confidence thus why he was late to camp.
Share 49ersWebzone