LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

PTulini's 49ers Mock Draft Version 5.0 (03/26/09)

not a bad mock! i liek johnson there!! if he's there. he's got allot of potenital!
Maybe Crabree could fall to the third round...why don't you just add him in there...he could be our WR for years.
You know, I am personally really against NOT drafting in the trenches with the no. 10 pick. There are too many more pressing needs than corner to take IMO. A. Smith, Raji, Oher to name a few.

I also was a Johnson supporter at the beginning of the off season. But he's dropping the draft boards for a reason. I think another OLB might be of better value.

Other then that I love the last picks
Originally posted by adrenaline:
You know, I am personally really against NOT drafting in the trenches with the no. 10 pick. There are too many more pressing needs than corner to take IMO. A. Smith, Raji, Oher to name a few.

I also was a Johnson supporter at the beginning of the off season. But he's dropping the draft boards for a reason. I think another OLB might be of better value.

I like Michael Oher a lot, but I just thought since we will most-likely sign Marvel Smith soon, that you guys would think an OT in the 1st round would be too much.
Originally posted by PTulini:

I like Michael Oher a lot, but I just thought since we will most-likely sign Marvel Smith soon, that you guys would think an OT in the 1st round would be too much.

Unless there's a crazy chance a guy like Crabtree or Orakpo are still on the board at 10...I'm hoping the Niners trade down...nab a guy like Oher and stock up some extra round picks.

I agree with your statement though.
i like your top 4 picks but not much after that
Originally posted by PTulini:

Unless there's a crazy chance a guy like Crabtree or Orakpo are still on the board at 10...I'm hoping the Niners trade down...nab a guy like Oher and stock up some extra round picks.

I agree with your statement though.

if we do sign marvel smith shouldnt we take maclin cause bruce is going to retire
Pretty good. I wouldn't be disappointed with it. I love #3 & #4 but I would change #1 to Maclin and #2 to English (if he's there). I'm not sold on Johnson at all. No doubt he's a great physical speciman but he doesn't appear to know how to play football. No production on the field.
My favorite mock I've seen so far. Might not be the most realistic, but you never know what will happen on draft day. I think it's perfectly within reason.

Who thought Quentin Groves would fall to #52 last year...nobody.
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i like it but this draft can only work if we sign marvel smith

Agree

Yes. To be honest even then I would give OT a higher priority than a back up for Frank.

But I am not in a position to make a judgement on these particular players

• NYSunDevil49er
  • Info N/A
I like the players but there's a lot of guys who won't be there come draft day. There's no way Johnson lasts until 43. Way too much, versatility, athleticism, and potential to get out of the 1st round.

Jennings would be nice in the 3rd if he's there, but I have a feeling he won't be. In any case there's other similar RBs we can get in the 3rd if he's gone.

Love Tupou in the 4th.

Follett isn't a good fit in the 3-4 and I think he'll be off the board by this pick.

Keenan Lewis to me will be long gone by the 171st pick. He's a top 100 guy for sure.

Other than that no complaints, and I'd be thrilled on Draft Day, but it's too unrealistic.
Not bad
Not bad except for Johnson. I don't care if they drafted Johnson in the 4th he's not gonna be good. Just look at him play 9 times out of 10 when challenged he backs down and loses the battle. I don't care what he did at a pro day on field during games he's a mess. Stay away from him.
  • yoda76
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by jb49ers80:
My favorite mock I've seen so far. Might not be the most realistic, but you never know what will happen on draft day. I think it's perfectly within reason.

Who thought Quentin Groves would fall to #52 last year...nobody.

Completely agree with you. 49er fans can only hope the draft turns out like this and honestly I don't want the niners to take Jenkins at 10...but that draft is just very solid top to bottom.
I love it! I doubt it happens though
Share 49ersWebzone