LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 180 users in the forums

crzy's Dynasty Baseball League 2013 (vrabbit is the CHAMPION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
I have faith in my team...if he does better (maybe 2011 numbers) then at this pick its a good pick... No? Or does everyone think its gone?

I think he'll be better than last year...simply because - he had a whole off-season to realize that he can't over-power guys and he needs to figure out other ways to get them out. I think last year - he didn't want to believe that and continued to over-power guys. He will be better prepared for it this year...plus he is in his contract year - so I personally like the pick.

Yeah and he knows that too...thanks I needed a pick me up on this pick lol

Just hard to imagine that Timmy can have 2 years in a row like he had last year. Can he really go from being one of the best pitchers in the decade to total crap? Pitchers have had bad years and bounced back. I think he will be good but not great. For this spot in the draft its worth the risk.

I agree with this completely. I was planning to take him with the first pick of 8th round, so it's the right spot. I like Lincecum this year...quite a bit actually considering his ADP.
I have faith in my team...if he does better (maybe 2011 numbers) then at this pick its a good pick... No? Or does everyone think its gone?

I think he'll be better than last year...simply because - he had a whole off-season to realize that he can't over-power guys and he needs to figure out other ways to get them out. I think last year - he didn't want to believe that and continued to over-power guys. He will be better prepared for it this year...plus he is in his contract year - so I personally like the pick.

Just hard to imagine that Timmy can have 2 years in a row like he had last year. Can he really go from being one of the best pitchers in the decade to total crap? Pitchers have had bad years and bounced back. I think he will be good but not great. For this spot in the draft its worth the risk.

Lol he screwed me so bad last season. I'd had a week where all my pitched do well and then he'd just be complete s**t. It was so annoying

But I do agree with you
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Mar 1, 2013 at 11:39 AM ]
I can't stay away from the sexiness that is eligibility at 4 different positions

Martin Prado - 2B,3B,SS,LF
Originally posted by vrabbit:
I can't stay away from the sexiness that is eligibility at 4 different positions

Sigh... Have to love the position eligibility. This guy is overlooked every year.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Good pick. It was Prado or Desmond for me. Him being a diamondback broke the tie-breaker for me.
Good pick. It was Prado or Desmond for me. Him being a diamondback broke the tie-breaker for me.

him being Venezuelan made it ok for me

and count me as guilty of overlooking him in the past
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

him being Venezuelan made it ok for me

and count me as guilty of overlooking him in the past

Multiple position eligibility is real nice too.

SacRock is OTC...anyone txt him yet?
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:

Lol he screwed me so bad last season. I'd had a week where all my pitched do well and then he'd just be complete s**t. It was so annoying

But I do agree with you

all the above here....hard to see him having the same year again, not with the staff and coaching we have
Hiroki Kuroda, please.

Available again at 4pm pst if it gets to my next pick.

Sigh... Have to love the position eligibility. This guy is overlooked every year.

That was who I was talking about when I posted that there's a play that I "really really really want" but edited the post to nevermind lol.

Googled it and it looks like the diamondbacks are going to play him at just 3B so his position elegibility will go away, right? I don't think the diamondbacks plan on playing him everywhere like the braves

Nice pick for sure
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Mar 1, 2013 at 1:14 PM ]

• 4ML
  • Veteran
That was who I was talking about when I posted that there's a play that I "really really really want" but edited the post to nevermind lol.
Realized that the diamondbacks are going to play him at 3B so his position elegibility will go away, right? I don't think the diamondbacks plan on playing him everywhere like the braves

Nice pick for sure

His position eligibility will stay for 2013 regardless of where he plays.

f**k..
I thought it goes away after a little. Would've taken him over Rollins if I knew that

And going from Atlanta to Chase field will only help
Stalyn OTC

Ninerjohn on deck
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

f**k..
I thought it goes away after a little. Would've taken him over Rollins if I knew that

And going from Atlanta to Chase field will only help

I don't know about that. He will play plenty of games in SF, LA, and SD. I don't think move to AZ will help or hurt him. Eligibility is nice, but how many times do you really use it to your advantage. With 3-4 players on bench, I don't think it's that big of a deal. It's nice...don't get me wrong - but this early in a draft - I try not to let that be a factor. Rollins is on par with Prado, IMO.
I don't know about that. He will play plenty of games in SF, LA, and SD. I don't think move to AZ will help or hurt him. Eligibility is nice, but how many times do you really use it to your advantage. With 3-4 players on bench, I don't think it's that big of a deal. It's nice...don't get me wrong - but this early in a draft - I try not to let that be a factor. Rollins is on par with Prado, IMO.

Its just really useful when one or 2 of your players get. I still like my Rollins pick but considering I ddidn't have a LF, 2B, or SS before I picked Rollins it also would've given me flexibility in the draft.
Its cool though, I like Rollins
Share 49ersWebzone