LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 302 users in the forums

Auction Draft Tips

• gage
  • Veteran
I'm doing an auction league for the first time so I'm wondering if anyone has any tips they can share on strategy?

We're doing a $200 limit, and starting next year there's a $50 keeper cap.

Anyway, I'm thinking of targeting nominating a less sought after position for my first bid (VD) in the hope that no one else wants to blow money on him.

Amidoinitright?
Nope, always auction off someone you don't want

This way other people will get him and their money is gone. Don't start auctioning for people you want until the late couple rounds of the draft cuz they will be a dollar or 2
so to clarify,

even if you want VD, just wait until he is nominated by someone else.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
spend all your money on two players
  • gage
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:
spend all your money on two players

Lol. That's what I'm trying to getthe other guys to do
  • gage
  • Veteran
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
so to clarify,

Mmmk, gotcha. I should be nominating players I have no intention of drafting to drain the other owners' money since the guys I want will eventually come up anyway. Thanks!
Originally posted by gage:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
so to clarify,

Mmmk, gotcha. I should be nominating players I have no intention of drafting to drain the other owners' money since the guys I want will eventually come up anyway. Thanks!

you got it! good luck man, i did auction for the first time last year and i think it's way better
Doing my first ever auction league.. there are SOOOOO many possibilities.
Quick question: if you run out of money in the initial draft, do you just pick off the waiver wire after the draft???
pretty sure if you run out of money you're SOL

I did one last night, just remember this, there'll be some BARGAINS at the end, be patient with your money

or in other words, don't be like me
Yeah I've budgeted my team already... going for AJ Green and Julio Jones cheap near the end. My strategy is going to just throw out the expensive players on my turns to waste other people's money.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Yeah I've budgeted my team already... going for AJ Green and Julio Jones cheap near the end. My strategy is going to just throw out the expensive players on my turns to waste other people's money.

AJ Green and Julio went for $16 and $12 respectively in our auction we just had....high profile rooks will go for that.
Share 49ersWebzone