There are 166 users in the forums

WZ (NFL) YEAR 2 - I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by crzy:
I just remembered i have an extra 1st round pick.

I can't figure out how to give you an extra pick, the custom draft option only lets me move picks around

I've never been in a keeper league before Say someones keeper gets injured before we draft, can they change their keeper?

I think on NFL.com, you can change your keepers until the date of the draft.

The only way we can pull this off is to do a webzone (offline) draft.

Otherwise, the draft picks that were traded in the past won't be able to be transferred.

I'm down for a webzone draft that we start sometime in August, we'll be done by Week 1.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I'd also like to join if you want to expand the league or if someone drops out. If not, no worries.

New teams would choose their keepers from leftover players? I'll put expanding the league up to a vote if no one drops out.
I'd also like to join if you want to expand the league or if someone drops out. If not, no worries.

New teams would choose their keepers from leftover players? I'll put expanding the league up to a vote if no one drops out.

I think the fair way to do it would be to just draft normally, and the expansion teams would pick up three extra players at the end of the draft. I don't think any new teams should skim off of the top of the remaining talent pool, we should get the bottom, IMO. Maybe give any expansion teams the top 2 picks or something, I dunno. But not 3 of the top remaining players each.

But like I said, if you guys don't wanna add teams that's cool too.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Jul 9, 2011 at 2:59 PM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran

I can't figure out how to give you an extra pick, the custom draft option only lets me move picks around

I've never been in a keeper league before Say someones keeper gets injured before we draft, can they change their keeper?

can't you just trade the 1st round picks from the old team to the new team for their last round pick? That's essentially how it would go down anyway basically.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

I think the fair way to do it would be to just draft normally, and the expansion teams would pick up three extra players at the end of the draft. I don't think any new teams should skim off of the top of the remaining talent pool, we should get the bottom, IMO. Maybe give any expansion teams the top 2 picks or something, I dunno. But not 3 of the top remaining players each.

If we do it the way you say, the new teams start off waaaay behind the 8 ball. We already get 3 keepers. Meaning we get 3 guys that we consider "studs" or "stud-ish" To where you're extra 3 players would come form the very end of the draft.

I say the the new teams have their own little 3 round draft before the rest of the league starts their draft. That way the new teams too can have "stud-ish" players and aren't completely behind the 8 ball.

that's just my $.02
Originally posted by krizay:

If we do it the way you say, the new teams start off waaaay behind the 8 ball. We already get 3 keepers. Meaning we get 3 guys that we consider "studs" or "stud-ish" To where you're extra 3 players would come form the very end of the draft.

I say the the new teams have their own little 3 round draft before the rest of the league starts their draft. That way the new teams too can have "stud-ish" players and aren't completely behind the 8 ball.

that's just my $.02

I hear ya. I'll roll with whatever you guys think is fair if you choose to expand.

can't you just trade the 1st round picks from the old team to the new team for their last round pick? That's essentially how it would go down anyway basically.

That sounds good. I prefer to do a live draft.

So I'm putting this up to a vote

Expand the league to 12 teams or keep it at 10?
[ Edited by teeohh on Jul 10, 2011 at 10:15 AM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran

That sounds good. I prefer to do a live draft.

So I'm putting this up to a vote

1. Draft order should reflect last years standings, yay or nay?

2. Expand the league to 12 teams or keep it at 10?

Seen the email sent out. To which I had already rejoined. Seen the poll. To which I voted for an expansion. Could careless eaither way on that. But my vote is in.

As for the draft order. It should reflect last year's standing with the possible noob teams getting 11th and 12th.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Yup, expand to 12, and trade the last picks for the 1st rounders, and we're set
lol, I don't even remember who was on my team.. Except Matt Schaub maybe?

Originally posted by chico49erfan:

the league home page has a link to pick your keepers, you will be able to see that way
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

the league home page has a link to pick your keepers, you will be able to see that way

Nice... I have some tough choices here. Dez Bryant might be pretty badass this year..
Too late to join ?
Wont adding new teams to 12 diminish what we have as keepers?

My keepers are: Drew Brees, Steven jackson, and Larry Fitz (for now)
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Wont adding new teams to 12 diminish what we have as keepers?

My keepers are: Drew Brees, Steven jackson, and Larry Fitz (for now)

someone proposed the new teams will have a three round draft after everyone has chosen their keepers
Share 49ersWebzone