LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 312 users in the forums

crzy's Dynasty Baseball League (49ersMyLife is THE CHAMPION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
I may be wrong but I think that's the team crzy DRAFTED, not the roster he ended up with at the end of the season.

As far as me being comish I may be ok with it but my availability varies on a regular basis so I'm not sure if I'd be the best choice

oh ya I think you're right.. :/

Miguel Cabrera
Shin-Soo Choo
J.J. Hardy
Kelly Johnson
Russell Martin
Hideki Matsui
Michael Morse
Juan Pierre
Mike Stanton
Drew Stubbs
Justin Upton
Kevin Youkilis

Pitching

Antonio b*****do
Francisco Cordero
Yovani Gallardo
Dan Haren
Daniel Hudson
Tim Lincecum
Kyle Lohse
Guillermo Moscoso
Brett Myers
Huston Street
C.J. Wilson
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Thanks vrabbit
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
I'd like to trade Ryan Braun (if he is not suspended) or Jose Bautista. If anyone is looking to trade for either of those guys - pm me please. kthanxbye
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
Originally posted by crzy:
I'm debating whether or not there should be 3 or 4 keepers.

I think 4 keepers is better because of larger roster size.

However, for each player that is kept (and was originally drafted by a team), that manager must give up a draft pick from the same round where the player was initially drafted the year before

It adds more strategy if you're deciding between keeping Roy Halladay (2nd round) or Madison Bumgarner (11th round)

I've never been in a keeper league like that yet. I've always liked the idea though. How does that work on FA acquisitions and trades?

Free agent acquisitions remain the same during the season. You have a maximum of 4 transactions per week to prevent players from streaming pitchers.

There will be a trade deadline sometime in August.

Once the season ends, however, the trade restriction is lifted. In the offseason, people are free to trade whatever keepers or future draft picks they want to trade.

One week before the draft, you have to set your keepers. You made trade players or picks during the draft as well.

The specifics of keeping players won't come into play until Year 2.

If a player drafted this team for instance in Year 1:

Player A
1. (9) Joe Mauer (Min - C)
2. (16) Carl Crawford (Bos - OF)
3. (33) Justin Morneau (Min - 1B)
4. (40) Brandon Phillips (Cin - 2B)
5. (57) Shane Victorino (Phi - OF)
6. (64) Josh Beckett (Bos - SP)
7. (81) Stephen Drew (Ari - SS)
8. (88) Jason Bartlett (SD - SS)
9. (105) Raúl Ibañez (Phi - OF)
10. (112) Heath Bell (SD - RP)
11. (129) Brad Hawpe (SD - 1B,OF)
12. (136) Casey McGehee (Mil - 2B,3B)
13. (153) David Price (TB - SP)
14. (160) Brian Fuentes (Oak - RP)
15. (177) Rich Harden (Oak - SP)
16. (184) Tim Hudson (Atl - SP)
17. (201) Daisuke Matsuzaka (Bos - SP)
18. (208) Frank Francisco (Tor - RP)
19. (225) Martín Prado (Atl - 1B,2B,3B)
20. (232) Brandon Inge (Det - 3B)
21. (249) Orlando Cabrera (Cin - SS)
22. (256) Mike Cameron (Bos - OF)
23. (273) Nick Johnson (NYY - 1B)

______________________________________________________________________________________________

If player A decided to keep Mauer, Crawford, Mourneau and David Price, then in Year 2, their draft board would start like this.

1. Joe Mauer
2. Carl Crawford
3. Justin Morneau
13. David Price

So when we start drafting, PLayer A would be giving up their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 13th round picks....Player A would begin drafting in Round 4.

As you can see, this assigns more value to good players that you can find in the latter stages of the draft, like David Price above in Round 13....because you would be losing a much lower draft pick.

If you decide you want to keep a player that went undrafted the previous year, that you picked up off the waiver wire, then that guy would have a keeper value of Round 23.

Say team A drafted Alex Rios in Round 10 of Year 1. Then during the year they dropped Alex Rios. Team B picks up Alex Rios and then decides they want to keep Alex Rios for Year 2. Alex Rios would have a keeper round value of Round 10, not round 23. Player B would be giving up their 10th round pick in Year 2.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
In subsequent years that a player is kept (2 years after they were drafted and so forth)....the "keeper round" of the player will jump up as the original draft round divided by 2 (rounded).

Say we go to Year 3, and Player A wants to keep Mauer, Crawford, Mourneau and David Price again, then in Year 3, their draft board would start like this.

David Price = 13/2 = 6.5 = rounded to 7.

1. Joe Mauer
2. Carl Crawford
3. Justin Morneau
7. David Price

Share 49ersWebzone