LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 223 users in the forums

crzy's Dynasty Baseball League (49ersMyLife is THE CHAMPION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Great day yesterday...expected more from my hitters. Need 2 more of solid pitching, but if you out hit me - then I've no chance.

I knew your pitching matchups were great and you would have a terrific day. You did get a bit lucky that all 3 of your closers got saves and that REALLY gave your pitching a huge day. However, on the other hand, you could have had 2 CG SHO as well. Like I said... I expect this to be very close and right down to the last day. I think its awesome. Win or lose its more fun to actually have the last day mean something. Now, if it was for big money, I would have wanted it to end a few days ago. LOL I am pretty jazzed that both leagues could come down to game 162 for me.
The main reason I do not like H2H playoffs in baseball is that half of the key players that have carried a team all year suddenly get rested in the last week of the season. It does not prove at all who had the best team. My suggestion would be to start the playoffs 1-2 weeks earlier when the pennant races are all still going and the star players are ALL still playing. Otherwise, its just luck of the dice on whose team has players still in the hunt and still in the lineups.

Just my humble opinion.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
The main reason I do not like H2H playoffs in baseball is that half of the key players that have carried a team all year suddenly get rested in the last week of the season. It does not prove at all who had the best team. My suggestion would be to start the playoffs 1-2 weeks earlier when the pennant races are all still going and the star players are ALL still playing. Otherwise, its just luck of the dice on whose team has players still in the hunt and still in the lineups.

Just my humble opinion.

So mad Santana didn't pitch today! Last week Alexi was pulled after 2 shutout innings!

Just my humble opinion.

So mad Santana didn't pitch today! Last week Alexi was pulled after 2 shutout innings!

Thats my point. These final weeks are not representative of how good your team is if your star pitchers are scratched or limited in innings. It doesnt happen as much with 2 weeks to go in the season which is when I think the playoffs should actually be held.

Anyway, good day again for you. I have Holliday, Encarncion, Kendrick, and probably Konerko all out tomorrow. Plus, wouldnt be surprised to see Texas hold Cruz and Beltre out. I like your chances. I really do but whatever happens man... good luck and its been fun!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Just my humble opinion.

Thats my point. These final weeks are not representative of how good your team is if your star pitchers are scratched or limited in innings. It doesnt happen as much with 2 weeks to go in the season which is when I think the playoffs should actually be held.

Anyway, good day again for you. I have Holliday, Encarncion, Kendrick, and probably Konerko all out tomorrow. Plus, wouldnt be surprised to see Texas hold Cruz and Beltre out. I like your chances. I really do but whatever happens man... good luck and its been fun!

The blown save today really hurt me - 12 pt swing. Some of your hitters were held out today, one of my hitter and SO was held out - and that's a shame. I hate that f**king s**t, they tell you at the last second too, so you can't really do much about it. I agree, playoffs should be moved at least a week early. Hopefully, crzy will do something about it.

Yea, it has been a very fun league. It's kind of cool that we had two very different strategies and it comes down to the last day. You have a great pitching team, and I've a great hitting team. The whole season, I've been chasing your team in my division, and now on the last day - it's the same scenario. I'm hopeful that I'll be successful this time around but either way - it has been a lot of fun.
I would say my only chance today is for Morrow to have a HUGE day which would be kind of funny considering you released him. I'm not sure if I will have any hitters in the damn lineup. Encarncion, Konerko, Kendrick, and Holliday are all out as a minimum. Looks like you got it 4ML unless your team completely bombs.

So much for Morrow's huge day. Probably sealed my fate. The guy just doesnt have the command to be an elite pitcher. 5 walks in 6 innings. :(
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Sep 28, 2011 at 1:55 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
I would say my only chance today is for Morrow to have a HUGE day which would be kind of funny considering you released him. I'm not sure if I will have any hitters in the damn lineup. Encarncion, Konerko, Kendrick, and Holliday are all out as a minimum. Looks like you got it 4ML unless your team completely bombs.

So much for Morrow's huge day. Probably sealed my fate. The guy just doesnt have the command to be an elite pitcher. 5 walks in 6 innings. :(

I'm still behind by 30...so it's gonna be tough. Banking on Bruce Chen - fml - so yea! My offense has had couple of bad days where they hardly scored, so I'm not too hopeful. We'll see...you're still a slight favorite in my opinion.

I'm still behind by 30...so it's gonna be tough. Banking on Bruce Chen - fml - so yea! My offense has had couple of bad days where they hardly scored, so I'm not too hopeful. We'll see...you're still a slight favorite in my opinion.

But.. you have 10 position players in the lineup compared to 7 for me and still have 2 SPS going. I have a lot of money riding in a league I'm in and need Carlos Santana to have a big day so hope he goes 4-4 for you! (and me)
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

But.. you have 10 position players in the lineup compared to 7 for me and still have 2 SPS going. I have a lot of money riding in a league I'm in and need Carlos Santana to have a big day so hope he goes 4-4 for you! (and me)

Just saw the score, he has 2 walks. I'm down by 4 pts...I feel better now. But yea, money league is the one that matters - I really hope you win that one. Good luck, man!
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Wow down to the wire

Congrats man. Good battle down to the wire. You did a better job picking FA pitchers this week and that was the difference.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Congrats man. Good battle down to the wire. You did a better job picking FA pitchers this week and that was the difference.

Thanks...last week I panicked a little bit, after that I tried to be patient even after you took 110 pt lead, because I knew I had quite a few good match-ups in the last 3 days. But, it was quite a fight, and could have gone either way. Great 10 days for both teams...can't believe we combined to score over 1000 pts. I think it's safe to say - we had the two best teams in the league from the get-go to the last day.

You won't believe how hard I tried during the season to catch up with you, but you managed the 20 weeks so well, I had no chance once I lost both our match-ups. Hope we will fight it out for the division again next year. It's quite amazing we have been tryin' to best each other (or at least I was) from week 2-3 and it went to the last hour.

See you in the Giants off-season thread often.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Sep 28, 2011 at 8:18 PM ]

Thanks...last week I panicked a little bit, after that I tried to be patient even after you took 110 pt lead, because I knew I had quite a few good match-ups in the last 3 days. But, it was quite a fight, and could have gone either way. Great 10 days for both teams...can't believe we combined to score over 1000 pts. I think it's safe to say - we had the two best teams in the league from the get-go to the last day.

You won't believe how hard I tried during the season to catch up with you, but you managed the 20 weeks so well, I had no chance once I lost both our match-ups. Hope we will fight it out for the division again next year. It's quite amazing we have been tryin' to best each other (or at least I was) from week 2-3 and it went to the last hour.

See you in the Giants off-season thread often.

This was a lot of fun. I wouldnt be so jovial if it cost me a lot of money and I am sweating it down to the wire in my money leagues. Crazy how close all my leagues have been. Gonna lose to Sac in the WZ league by 1 category. I need a W from Gio to make money in one league and holding on barely in the other. LOL What a day!

You really deserved it this week though in this league. What a comeback!
2nd place in both leagues...
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
2nd place in both leagues...

Yes I was. First would have been nice but wasnt in the cards. Congrats on your two 3rd place finishes.
Share 49ersWebzone