LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 311 users in the forums

I'm the Peyrton Manning of FF

• TX9R
  • Veteran
So for the 4th straight year I won the regular season in both record and total points only to be bounced in the 1st round. Orton against AZ? Jennings against Detroit? Crabtree!? And of course I played against Vick. Weak.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TX9R:
So for the 4th straight year I won the regular season in both record and total points only to be bounced in the 1st round. Orton against AZ? Jennings against Detroit? Crabtree!? And of course I played against Vick. Weak.

Orton on the road 7 td's 7 int's in 6 games going in
at home 13 td's 2 in'ts. so....

Jennings yea that was a head scratcher but he did lose his QB in the 1st half.

Crabtree is ALWAYS a gamble to start.

You won the league record wise and points wise so it's safe to assume you could have used the last few weeks possibly even the last week of trades to get your playoff matchups/schedule right. Given the struggles (or the average play if you will) that Orton shows on the road, you should have adjusted accordingly. The Crabtree play was just a pure gamble no matter how you slice it.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by krizay:

You won the league record wise and points wise so it's safe to assume you could have used the last few weeks possibly even the last week of trades to get your playoff matchups/schedule right. Given the struggles (or the average play if you will) that Orton shows on the road, you should have adjusted accordingly. The Crabtree play was just a pure gamble no matter how you slice it.

I had been trying to get another QB, Cutler was the other and he wasn't any better. TO was my other WR and the trend said Crab was a safer play. He had scored in what 5 straight games? I actually had a chance but then AP had a dud. The same team the week before got me 130 points. I knew they blew their wad but I didn't have much for options.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

I had been trying to get another QB, Cutler was the other and he wasn't any better. TO was my other WR and the trend said Crab was a safer play. He had scored in what 5 straight games? I actually had a chance but then AP had a dud. The same team the week before got me 130 points. I knew they blew their wad but I didn't have much for options.

Yea, i'm kind of stuck too in my local league i'm in. Team is mediocre at best don't know how I ended up with a 1st round bye to be honest. In that league it was hard to set my playoff matchups up. little trading, thin on the WW where I need help most (WR's). Sometimes you just can't do it. But you don't have to dance with who brung ya. No matter what the consensus says.

In my local league i'm in desperate need of Rodgers to play. While at the same time in the webzone league I'm hoping he doesn't. (Gotta love fantasy football huh! ) I'm thinking i'm going to dance with someone on the waiver wire regardless if he palys or not. Just in case.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran

Yea, i'm kind of stuck too in my local league i'm in. Team is mediocre at best don't know how I ended up with a 1st round bye to be honest. In that league it was hard to set my playoff matchups up. little trading, thin on the WW where I need help most (WR's). Sometimes you just can't do it. But you don't have to dance with who brung ya. No matter what the consensus says.

In my local league i'm in desperate need of Rodgers to play. While at the same time in the webzone league I'm hoping he doesn't. (Gotta love fantasy football huh! ) I'm thinking i'm going to dance with someone on the waiver wire regardless if he palys or not. Just in case.

With me every time I get cute in a championship game with match up play I've been burned. Badly. This year I tried not to over think it and it didn't matter either way. In my league the worst record gets waiver priority, so I never had a chance to claim anyone after about week 4. I did pick defenses 2-3 weeks in advance, mostly based on who played against Carolina or a rookie QB. That worked very well. Oh well, lucks gott run out sometime. This is the first time in years I haven't won enough to cover all my leagues. Good luck to you.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

With me every time I get cute in a championship game with match up play I've been burned. Badly. This year I tried not to over think it and it didn't matter either way. In my league the worst record gets waiver priority, so I never had a chance to claim anyone after about week 4. I did pick defenses 2-3 weeks in advance, mostly based on who played against Carolina or a rookie QB. That worked very well. Oh well, lucks gott run out sometime. This is the first time in years I haven't won enough to cover all my leagues. Good luck to you.

*whispers* going with Kerry Collins in my local league. *whispers*
Share 49ersWebzone