LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

Boldin or Lloyd???

• gage
  • Veteran
But I'd still like a little help here.

I pick two Rb's, two Wr's, and a flex from the following:

RB: MJD, Bradshaw, McCoy (I also have Felix Jones, Ryan Torain, and Ricky Williams)
WR:Miles Austin, Boldin, B.Lloyd (Also have Mike Wallace)

I'm thinking the three big backs, plus Austin for sure. Just not sure between Boldin and Lloyd.

Any suggestions?
just go with who ever has the best match up
Denver goes up against the Jets, and I believe the Ravens face NE (I think). So the matchup edge would have to go to Boldin. But, it's really hard to sit such a hot hand like Lloyd has.

Toss a coin!
Couple things:

1) Revis may not play much if at all with increased swelling in his leg. That being said, the Jets defense is still formidable and I like Boldin a lot this year, especially against the Pats who have a young and unproven secondary that can easily get exploited by a reciever like Boldin so i'd go with him.

2) Moreno is on his way back (not on the injury report for this week) and should help get the Broncos ground game going. Keep in mind that Denver has been passing excessively more out of necessity rather than design - they were decimated by injuries to their RBs early on so the plan has been to throw and throw often until they overcome those injuries then slowly shift back to a more balanced attack which means neither Orton or Lloyd are likely to maintain their ridiculous pace for much longer.
If anything, now is a good time to trade Lloyd if you can and get someone good for him while his value has peaked.

[ Edited by scopur49er on Oct 13, 2010 at 11:18:09 ]
Originally posted by gage:

RB: MJD, Bradshaw, McCoy (I also have Felix Jones, Ryan Torain, and Ricky Williams)

I'm thinking the three big backs, plus Austin for sure. Just not sure between Boldin and Lloyd.

Any suggestions?

If you have 5 spots... why not just play both?

MJD and Bradshaw as your two RBs and then Boldin, Lloyd, and Austin. I still think Lloyd will get a bunch of targets.
  • gage
  • Veteran
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by gage:

Any suggestions?

If you have 5 spots... why not just play both?

MJD and Bradshaw as your two RBs and then Boldin, Lloyd, and Austin. I still think Lloyd will get a bunch of targets.

MJD's been disappointing so far this season. I think I'd start Bradshaw/McCoy over MJD at this point. But I've strongly considered going two RB with all three WR's starting.
Share 49ersWebzone