LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

Which of my 2 $ league teams would you put your chips on?

Team A) I had the 9th pick in a 14 team league. It is a PPR league that awards bonuses to team defense for holding teams to certain yardage totals. (Last season, the top defense/ST units scored nearly as much as Aaron Rodgers). Also, passing TDs are worth 6 points.

QB: Aaron Rodgers
RB: Cedric Benson
WR: DeSean Jackson
WR: Malcolm Floyd
RB/WR/TE: Reggie Bush
TE: Vernon Davis
D/ST: San Francisco
K: Neil Rackers

Bench:
Arian Foster
John Carlson
NYG Defense
Jacoby Jones
Demaryius Thomas
James Jones
Bernard Scott
Mike Thomas

Team B) I had the 3rd pick in a 12 team league. Passing TDs are worth 6 points and it is a 1/2 point PPR league. All other scoring is standard.

QB: Tom Brady
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew
RB: Joseph Addai
RB/WR: Reggie Bush
WR: Greg Jennings
WR: Malcolm Floyd
WR: Devin Hester
TE: Jermichael Finley
D: San Francisco
K: Garett Hartley

Bench:
Zach Miller
NYG Defense
Big Ben
Tim Hightower
Donnie Avery
Jabaar Gaffney
[ Edited by Kilgore_Trout on Aug 24, 2010 at 2:11 PM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Well team A i don't like in a PPR league. if it was a standard league you'd be decent. PPR not so much.

Tema B i'm having a hard time finding your 2nd and 3rd round picks.
Originally posted by krizay:
Well team A i don't like in a PPR league. if it was a standard league you'd be decent. PPR not so much.

Benson is catching passes this year, he had five receptions on five targets in their last preseason game. Does that make a difference now that you know that piece?

For Team B, Brady and Jennings were my second and third round picks. Maybe I'm asking the wrong people...
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Yeah I like team two better, however why are you holding a Def on your bench? I would have grabbed another position player RB or WR to use as trade bait and added depth. I mean any FA Def will do fine for the bye week IMO.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:

Benson is catching passes this year, he had five receptions on five targets in their last preseason game. Does that make a difference now that you know that piece?

For Team B, Brady and Jennings were my second and third round picks. Maybe I'm asking the wrong people...

not really. I was more concerned about your WR's in a PPR league. Your RB's aren't teat sporty in said league either. If Benson is going to catch some passes that'll help but....
  • SLICK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AZ9er:
Yeah I like team two better, however why are you holding a Def on your bench? I would have grabbed another position player RB or WR to use as trade bait and added depth. I mean any FA Def will do fine for the bye week IMO.

In fantasy football I've always liked to have two good defenses to rotate for weekly match ups. It is a strategy that has helped me win games in the past.

not really. I was more concerned about your WR's in a PPR league. Your RB's aren't teat sporty in said league either. If Benson is going to catch some passes that'll help but....

MJD, Addai and Bush aren't good for PPR? What?
  • krizay
  • Veteran

MJD, Addai and Bush aren't good for PPR? What?

you apparently quit following our exchange.
Share 49ersWebzone