There are 70 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

HELP! Bryant/ Steven Jackson for Reggie Wayne?

HELP! Bryant/ Steven Jackson for Reggie Wayne?

Yahoo standard scoring.

Start QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX, DEF, K.

10 team league. My team:

QB: Carson Palmer, Matt Schaub
RB:Adrian Peterson, Darren McFadden, Willie Parker, Pierre Thomas, Knowshon Moreno
WR: Greg Jennings, Wes Welker, Reggie Wayne, Brandon Marshall, Earl Bennett
TE: Jason Witten

So the title says it all, Steven Jackson/Antonio Bryant for Reggie Wayne? I know I'd be selling high on Wayne because I wasn't all too ecstatic when I drafted him...but at first glance, my gut tells me I should pull the trade and pull it fast before he takes it off the table.

Am I too high on S-Jax? Rams futility decrease Jax's value?
[ Edited by phiLthyphiL on Sep 16, 2009 at 7:38 PM ]
  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,284
ppr?

Actually I'd do it in every league format.
[ Edited by crzy on Sep 16, 2009 at 6:33 PM ]
Originally posted by crzy:
ppr?

Actually I'd do it in every league format.

So you have no doubts about Jackson this year on the lowly rams?

Are you high on Bryant? Low on Wayne? What do you think of my WR's post trade?
  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,284
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
Originally posted by crzy:
ppr?

Actually I'd do it in every league format.

So you have no doubts about Jackson this year on the lowly rams?

Are you high on Bryant? Low on Wayne? What do you think of my WR's post trade?

I'm not particularly high on Bryant, I'd try to get a different player.

But I think that SJax > Reggie Wayne, although it's close in PPR between them.

Jackson will perform at a high level unless he gets hurt.

Your receivers are fine with Jennings, Welker, Marshall, and Bennett IMO.
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
Originally posted by crzy:
ppr?

Actually I'd do it in every league format.

So you have no doubts about Jackson this year on the lowly rams?

Are you high on Bryant? Low on Wayne? What do you think of my WR's post trade?

I'm not particularly high on Bryant, I'd try to get a different player.

But I think that SJax > Reggie Wayne, although it's close in PPR between them.

Jackson will perform at a high level unless he gets hurt.

Your receivers are fine with Jennings, Welker, Marshall, and Bennett IMO.

so non-PPR, you still pull the trigger right
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,941
No Harrison! Gonzo hurt and no running game?



I love me some Steven Jackson. This year I'd take wayne in a new york minute
Originally posted by krizay:
No Harrison! Gonzo hurt and no running game?



I love me some Steven Jackson. This year I'd take wayne in a new york minute

LOL. YOu've got me confused with your response...so it's you love Steven Jackson....but you'd rather keep Wayne right?
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,941
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
Originally posted by krizay:
No Harrison! Gonzo hurt and no running game?



I love me some Steven Jackson. This year I'd take wayne in a new york minute

LOL. YOu've got me confused with your response...so it's you love Steven Jackson....but you'd rather keep Wayne right?


Quote:

This year I'd take wayne in a new york minute
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
Originally posted by krizay:
No Harrison! Gonzo hurt and no running game?



I love me some Steven Jackson. This year I'd take wayne in a new york minute

LOL. YOu've got me confused with your response...so it's you love Steven Jackson....but you'd rather keep Wayne right?


Quote:

This year I'd take wayne in a new york minute

Gotcha....for the team constructed above though, you don't think it'd be more beneficial to nab Jackson given my depth at WR?
  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,284
non ppr : easily stephen jackson


Reggie Wayne might have 1400 yards receiving, but Sjax will top that in terms of total receiving + rushing yards if he stays healthy
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,941
Originally posted by crzy:
non ppr : easily stephen jackson


Reggie Wayne might have 1400 yards receiving, but Sjax will top that in terms of total receiving + rushing yards if he stays healthy

I see Wayne at 1,500 and 15 personally


I mean this trade could easily go either way. If it were me. I'd keep Wayne and trade Welker and Willie Parker for a better RB personally.


Welker has little value in non PPR as well. Which would leave him with Jennings and a bunch of ???????? behind him. And Willie Parker and Pitts O-line sucks.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,941
Out of curiousity who would you drop if trade goes through? Cause the trade would really be Wayne and that person for Bryant and Jackson.
I'm trying to set up a move as a precursor to accepting this trade:

Brandon Marshall & Willie Parker for

Steve Smith OR Calvin Johnson OR Marques Colston (might be overpaying for this one)

Then I'd accept this trade and have:

QB: Schaub, Palmer
RB: Adrian Peterson, Steven Jackson, Kevin Smith, Pierre Thomas, Knowshon Moreno
WR: __________, Greg Jennings, Wes Welker, Earl Bennett
TE: Jason Witten
Originally posted by krizay:
Out of curiousity who would you drop if trade goes through? Cause the trade would really be Wayne and that person for Bryant and Jackson.

Yea, I just noticed that...I'm going to try to dump a 2 for 1 on someone before accepting the trade because I'd rather keep all of my guys intact rather than drop someone and let them go to someone else.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,941
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
I'm trying to set up a move as a precursor to accepting this trade:

Brandon Marshall & Willie Parker for

Steve Smith OR Calvin Johnson OR Marques Colston (might be overpaying for this one)

Then I'd accept this trade and have:

QB: Schaub, Palmer
RB: Adrian Peterson, Steven Jackson, Kevin Smith, Pierre Thomas, Knowshon Moreno
WR: __________, Greg Jennings, Wes Welker, Earl Bennett
TE: Jason Witten

WTF Kevin Smith come from?
...