LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 180 users in the forums

HELP! Bryant/ Steven Jackson for Reggie Wayne?

HELP! Bryant/ Steven Jackson for Reggie Wayne?

Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
I'm trying to set up a move as a precursor to accepting this trade:

Brandon Marshall & Willie Parker for

Steve Smith OR Calvin Johnson OR Marques Colston (might be overpaying for this one)

Then I'd accept this trade and have:

QB: Schaub, Palmer
RB: Adrian Peterson, Steven Jackson, Kevin Smith, Pierre Thomas, Knowshon Moreno
WR: __________, Greg Jennings, Wes Welker, Earl Bennett
TE: Jason Witten

WTF Kevin Smith come from?

I forgot it's a pending trade that will be approved tonight. LOL. I've been trade crazy since this past weekend. I traded Run DMC to a Raider fan for Smith and he accepted.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by krizay:
I'm trying to set up a move as a precursor to accepting this trade:

Brandon Marshall & Willie Parker for

Steve Smith OR Calvin Johnson OR Marques Colston (might be overpaying for this one)

Then I'd accept this trade and have:

QB: Schaub, Palmer
RB: Adrian Peterson, Steven Jackson, Kevin Smith, Pierre Thomas, Knowshon Moreno
WR: __________, Greg Jennings, Wes Welker, Earl Bennett
TE: Jason Witten

WTF Kevin Smith come from?

I forgot it's a pending trade that will be approved tonight. LOL. I've been trade crazy since this past weekend. I traded Run DMC to a Raider fan for Smith and he accepted.

Then i'd really keep Wayne and trade Welker and Parker for a better RB. Although if you can get Calvin/Colston for Marshall and Parker then your lineup would be sweet if you do this trade.

Don't know about the QB situation in Lina though. Don't know if I'd want Steve Smith this year. But then again it's only Marshall and Parker so..
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
The loss of Gonzo, and the lack of a running game, how does that help Reggie Wayne?

The lack of other threats on the Colts make defenses focus on him more.

And besides the Colts had no running game last year and Marvin Harrison was finished, and Wayne finished with single digit touchdowns and under 1200 yards receiving.

I wouldn't overreact after week 1. Stephen Jackson is a first round pick. Reggie Wayne is not.
Yeah, I peddled Welker and Willie together for a bit after the draft and I still couldn't any bites. This league I'm in is big on the waiver wire/FA as there are no waivers. Teams are quick to add players as they high step their way to the end-zone and I've been taking advantage sans Pierre Thomas/Knowshon.

And my QB's definitely dont look good right now, someone offered Peyton for Parker/Marshall before week 1, but I declined.
[ Edited by phiLthyphiL on Sep 16, 2009 at 7:49 PM ]
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Yeah, I peddled Welker and Willie together for a bit after the draft and I still couldn't any bites. This league I'm in is big on the waiver wire/FA as there are no waivers. Teams are quick to add players as they high step their way to the end-zone and I've been taking advantage sans Pierre Thomas/Knowshon.

And my QB's definitely dont look good right now, someone offered Peyton for Parker/Marshall before week 1, but I declined.

Did I advise you to decline that?
Originally posted by crzy:

Yes sir. Haha. but then again, this is before I was able to acquire Kevin Smith for DMC and I had Willie/Beanie as my backups. But hopefully Schaub shapes up. For both our sakes.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Are you starting three wide receivers in this league or 2 with a flex?
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

Yes sir. Haha. but then again, this is before I was able to acquire Kevin Smith for DMC and I had Willie/Beanie as my backups. But hopefully Schaub shapes up. For both our sakes.

I find it hard to believe that I advised you to decline that...
2rb's 3wr's and a FLEX. I've never played that format before which is why I went 4 straight WR's after drafting Peterson.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=127568&page=159

I found it

Quote:
phil-Someone proposed me Peyton Manning for Wes Welker and Willie Parker. I'm leaning on NO since I have Schaub and Palmer.

Quote:
me-I'd offer Carson Palmer, Brandon Marshall for Peyton Manning and Donald Driver

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
For what it's worth, I see 1250-1300 yards and 9 touchdowns for Reggie Wayne.
Yea I offered that Palmer/Marshall combo which he declined and stated he wanted Parker....I should've pulled the trigger because he tabled the deal not long after the Titans/Steelers gm. Oh well...hopefully someone bites on the Parker/Marshall combo now and I can nab Jax. Either way I think I'm golden.

I just noticed it's the same guy who offered Peyton...so I'm gonna shoot him

Willie Parker, Reggie Wayne, Matt Schaub for Petyon Manning and Steven Jackson
[ Edited by phiLthyphiL on Sep 16, 2009 at 8:55 PM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
The loss of Gonzo, and the lack of a running game, how does that help Reggie Wayne?

The lack of other threats on the Colts make defenses focus on him more.

And besides the Colts had no running game last year and Marvin Harrison was finished, and Wayne finished with single digit touchdowns and under 1200 yards receiving.

I wouldn't overreact after week 1. Stephen Jackson is a first round pick. Reggie Wayne is not.

Harrison was finished I grant you that. However as an AGon owner in a dynasty league they still kept playing him and Manning kept throwing to him. Only to see him drop pass after pass. The offense looked so much better when Harrison wasn't in there.

I'm not over reacting after week 1. Aside from the AGon injury.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
For what it's worth, I see 1250-1300 yards and 9 touchdowns for Reggie Wayne.

Seems low with all thing considered.
So the guy countered my Parker/Palmer or Schaub/Wayne for Peyton and S-Jax deal with:

Peyton Manning, Steven Jackson, Eddie Royal, Donald Driver

for

Willie Parker, Reggie Wayne, Wes Welker

This trade would really hurt my WR depth leaving me with:

Greg Jennings, Brandon Marshall, Eddie Royal, Donald Driver, and Earl Bennett..

I'm leaning no on BOTH welker and Wayne. Do you guys agree?
Share 49ersWebzone