TE- Dante Rosario, John Carlson, Chase Coffman

Steals:

QB- Matt Ryan, Donovan McNabb

RB
- Ronnie Brown, Willie Parker,

WR- Roddy White, Laveranues Coles

TE
- Greg Olson
Anyone got any new Steals and Sleepers... I have a draft tonight and didn't do any research...
Ryan Torain, RB, Denver Broncos. If he stays healthy I think he will beat out Moreno for more playing time.

I'm usually pretty good at picking sleeper QBs and RBs, but I'm terrible at pikcing WRs in the later rounds.

[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Aug 2, 2009 at 12:10:38 ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Ryan Torain, RB, Denver Broncos. If he stays healthy I think he will beat out Moreno for more playing time.

I'm usually pretty good at picking sleeper QBs and RBs, but I'm terrible at pikcing WRs in the later rounds.

Correll Buckhalter has better chance in Denver.
Originally posted by krizay:

Maybe, but
http://www.denverpost.com/headlines/ci_12969776

"With Moreno out, second- year running back Ryan Torain performed exceptionally well in the morning practice. Torain missed all but two games last season with elbow and knee injuries."

Right now Torain is with the 3rd team, but I'm predicting he will move up.

[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Aug 2, 2009 at 12:18:13 ]
My favorite fantasy football player that nearly everyone overlooks is Leon Washington.

He shouldn't be a sleeper considering he was the overall 27th highest fantasy player last season (by my leagues rules anyway: .5 ppr & returns go to players, not team D's), and yet in most leagues you can get him for next to nothing in an auction, or late in a snake. He is almost always a steal if there ever was one.

He scored more fantasy points than the likes of Gore, S. Jackson, M. Barber, Br. Jacobs, Ronnie Brown, Owens, R. Moss, R. Wayne etc etc.

448 yards rushing for 6 TD's & a 2pt.
47 receptions for 355 yards and 2 TD's.
And 1534 return yards for 1TD.

Shonn Greene will only hurt Thomas Jones' production, not Leon's. Greene caught something like 5 passes during his college career and is obviously not a 3rd down back.

Leon Washington will be on my team again this year.

*edit - This assuming he won't hold out into the regular season.

[ Edited by mug0mug on Aug 11, 2009 at 04:29:14 ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 3rdGenNiner:
Originally posted by miked1978:
Anthony Gonzalez- not really a steal or sleeper but will out perform where he's drafted.

Cedric Benson played surprisingly well last season. no one will trust to take him
Julius Jones (zone blocking scheme in Seattle)
Rashad Jennings no Fred Taylor and Greg Jones sucks. Somone has to split carries and what if MJD can't carry the load.

Laverneus Coles replaces who'syourmomma in Cincy
Mark Clayton eventually they are going to realize he's better than Derrick Mason for the love of god
Mark Bradley maybe, maybe not. but worth keeping an eye on.

Kyle Orton McDaniels is going to chuck the rock period. Which mjeans alot of yards and TD's. and of course Int's
Hasslebeck & Carson Palmer they too will outperform where they are drafted.

Greg Olsen him and cutler will get along great. Should be the end of Clark stealing catches
Mercedes Lewis If he was in the NFC he may have been the 3rd pro bowl alternate
Randy McMichael 23 total targets in 4 games last year beforee injury.

What happened to Greg Jones in Jax?

He sucks!

blew out his knee, this should be his first season at full health...what does that mean? probably nothing, but I take Greg before their other back-up RB

Quote:
THE NEWS
According to ESPN.com, Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio has not named a number-two running back behind Maurice Jones-Drew. The competition is between Greg Jones and rookie Rashard Jennings.

OUR VIEW
Del Rio loves Jones, but he's not just willing to hand the job to him. He wants the two players to fight it out and see who emerges. Because he's in the coach's good graces, Jones has to be considered the favorite right now, but Jennings has been more impressive in camp
what do you guys think about stuckley?

nate washington?

justin gage?
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Maybe, but

"With Moreno out, second- year running back Ryan Torain performed exceptionally well in the morning practice. Torain missed all but two games last season with elbow and knee injuries."

THE NEWS
Correll Buckhalter is listed as the No. 1 running back on the Broncos' latest depth chart, according to the Colorado Springs Gazette. 

OUR VIEW
He is listed ahead of LaMont Jordan, and Peyton Hillis is listed third. Rookie Knowshon Moreno is fourth, but only because he was late to training camp (contract holdout). Buckhalter is having a solid camp, but Moreno has far more upside, and should emerge as the starter - if not by the end of the preseason. 
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I think a lot of people are going to pick Moreno too high, thinking of the Denver running game, and the rookies that dominated last year.
Lesean Mccoy depending on westbrooks health he had two surgeries this offseason
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Greg Olsen is my number 4 TE behind Gates, Gonzalez, and Witten.

This. Training camp reports are really really high on Olsen and he will be the primary target. I expect Olsen to challenge Gonzalez and Witten for Pro-bowl.

Greg olsen isnt really considered a sleeper cause everyone thinks he will be a sleeper there for meaning he has skills to put up big numbers meaning thats not a sleeper

Maybe, but

Sorry Sun.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2009/8/12/987182/ryan-torain-released-after-knee

The Denver Broncos released RB Ryan Torain after he was diagnosed with a PCL sprain in his knee, Head Coach Josh McDaniels said after today's practice. Torain, who has battled injuries throughout his college and pro career, was attempting to make the team despite the crowded backfield.

This is a sad situation, to be sure. Torain has talent but his upright running style leaves his legs especially susceptible. Mike Shanahan stuck with Torain last season after he dislocated his elbow, essentially leaving a roster spot open for him for 7 weeks. Josh McDaniels isn't as forgiving, nor should he be. The Broncos need 53 healthy bodies when the season opens.

Here's hoping Torain finally gets healthy and can reach his potential. It appears that won't happen in Denver, however.

One side-note. The Broncos could bring Torain back should he clear waivers. If that happens, the Broncos could place him on IR.

The team reportedly signed RB Marcus Thomas to take Torain's spot on the roster.

[ Edited by 49ersRednGold on Aug 12, 2009 at 16:55:04 ]
You would think with all their thousands of RB's they wouldnt sign another one to replace him...pointless