49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 565 users in the forums

2026 San Francisco Giants Season Thread

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
if we want to up the fielding / might I suggest, Ron Washington

Posey moved back to CA for a reason.
Farhan should've been canned too for putting Kapler to manage that garbage as well
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
if we want to up the fielding / might I suggest, Ron Washington

Posey moved back to CA for a reason.

Interesting I didn't know his hat was in the ring, I thought he was spending more time with family, and such
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Farhan should've been canned too for putting Kapler to manage that garbage as well

Was never a kapler guy, but felt like he way overachieved with this team, for the most part played .500 ball and threw in a 107 win season
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Sep 29, 2023 at 2:32 PM ]
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5,521
Originally posted by mitpdub:
I would keep Farhan. He's a smart dude and helped build the Dodgers deep farm system. He needs more time here, while Kaplers style is just dull.
Farhan should be a short leash though.

Dull? We all know the limitations of this roster
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
if we want to up the fielding / might I suggest, Ron Washington

Posey moved back to CA for a reason.

Interesting I didn't know his hat was in the ring, I thought he was spending more time with family, and such

You might be right. I don't know. I just know he moved back, not long after selling off his CA property holdings and moving back to GA. Then, a year or two later, he's back? I wondered why.
hire bonds he can make HOF, as a manager
do we keep going??

Not shedding any tears for Kapler but Farhan is more to blame for this season in my opinion. I still believe that there isnt a manager alive that could have won with the roster given to Kap.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
  • Posts: 156,362


#BusterPosey2024

LETS FUUUUCKING GOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Originally posted by boast:


#BusterPosey2024

LETS FUUUUCKING GOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Buster might be willing to come in and be a GM but I seriously doubt he would ever consider managing
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
  • Posts: 156,362
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by boast:


#BusterPosey2024

LETS FUUUUCKING GOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Buster might be willing to come in and be a GM but I seriously doubt he would ever consider managing

reportedly on the "short list". i can only dream.

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
if we want to up the fielding / might I suggest, Ron Washington

Posey moved back to CA for a reason.

Interesting I didn't know his hat was in the ring, I thought he was spending more time with family, and such

Yes, I heard this on the radio yesterday. Not sure if this role would interest him. It's a fall guy spot with Farhan here. Ready for him to go but it looks he is safe.

This team needs a splash move or two to get fans excited and I am not even sure a Buster hire is nearly enough. They are just a bore to watch. Even if winning a game.
[ Edited by 9erson3 on Sep 29, 2023 at 2:51 PM ]
By the way, a stat on radio, attendance up for all clubs but two. The Giants declined in the teens and was one of the two. I can't remember the other team mentioned. I was on the phone. Maybe it was the White Sox.

Can we add an exciting player or two?
[ Edited by 9erson3 on Sep 29, 2023 at 2:57 PM ]
Farhan used Kapler as a scapegoat but I don't give a s**t. I hated the hire and have been vocal about it from the start.

and watching his brand of baseball reinforced that. Absolute s**t manager. I'm so glad I don't have to watch him make lineups anymore.

bye!
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone