LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 305 users in the forums

***NBA 2020-21 SEASON THREAD***

Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
They dont need two more teams. Just move the teams from middle of nowhere markets to cities and markets were stars would like to stay or go to.

OKC? meh - move it back to Seattle.

Sacramento? eff that. Move to Vegas or even San Diego.

I think Orlando is a cool city but jrg's team keeps giving away their stars lol.

Charlotte? owned by MJ. Nice area but maybe Austin needs an NBA team because its cool by itself and far away enough from San Antonio.

Can't the 2nd city support two teams? Dunno.

I know Texas is big but we absolutely do not need a fourth NBA team in that state. So many better alternatives.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 4ML:
That happened in the 80s and 90s too when they added 6 more expansion teams. Now, that was ridiculous but adding 2 teams right now will be good for the game. It'll spread out the stars rather than multiple stars on 1 team and make it more competitive. Now, if they expanded 4 or 6 teams - they'd significantly water down the league.

For me - it makes sense to add 2 more teams. Making playoffs with losing record is due to 16 teams making playoffs out of 30. Having more than half the league make the playoffs will generally result in some teams making in with barely winning record or losing record. This has always been the case in the NBA for as long as I can remember except a year or two here and there.

They dont need two more teams. Just move the teams from middle of nowhere markets to cities and markets were stars would like to stay or go to.

I think Orlando is a cool city but jrg's team keeps giving away their stars lol.

Charlotte? owned by MJ. Nice area but maybe Austin needs an NBA team because its cool by itself and far away enough from San Antonio.

I think having teams in those cities is just fine. I just think NBA is ready for 2 expansions teams. There is enough talent to support it.

Vegas and Seattle will be perfect locations to add two teams.
[ Edited by 4ML on May 21, 2021 at 10:15 AM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
I know Texas is big but we absolutely do not need a fourth NBA team in that state. So many better alternatives.

Outside of Vegas and Seattle - I think Louisville, Vancouver, and Montreal are also good location. After the success of Raptors - one can easily argue for another team in Canada.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

I lived 1 hour north of Austin for almost 7 years.

didnt gaf about UT Hook em horns futbol or college sports but would have been cool if they had one pro sports team for that central texas area

Spurs, Rockets, Mavs were just too far like if you wanted to catch a game on a weeknight
Share 49ersWebzone