LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 305 users in the forums

2019-20 WORLD CHAMPION Los Angeles Lakers Thread

• 4ML
  • Veteran
  • titan
  • Veteran
Dennis Schroder for Green and the 28th pick. I like DS for Green,but who in the 28th pick can we draft that could contribute right away?
Not sure where Isaiah Joe will fall to, but at 6'5 180 lbs this kid can shoot. Injured in his Sophomore year and his frame can easily put another 15-20 lbs. I think he would fit perfectly with us.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Lakers needed to get a little younger for this upcoming season and needed a PG who can run the offense so Bron doesn't have to do it for 72 games. Good pickup. I was hoping for a more traditional point but lakers also needed someone who could consistently score 15 a game. So, Dennis addresses several needs.

Not too sure about his shooting though. Last year was the first year where he shot well from 3 - so I don't know if I trust it.

Still need to get 1 more young contributor and really want to upgrade McGee. Ibaka pickup would be huge and must re-sign KCP.
Holy sheeeet

What a great trade. Loving it.

Lets face it, Green was very average. His defense wasnt that great and neither was his shooting. Too much money to spend on a guy for not playing that well. Dennis will be such a perfect fit. I cant believe we got him for that cheap Pelinka a boss
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Nov 16, 2020 at 6:37 AM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Schroeder is ok but wish we could have got jrue holiday.
Originally posted by susweel:

Not for what this team needs. Schroder has developed into that perfect six man. Shoots, can pass, creates his own shot. Hes exactly what we need. Jru is a solid defender and a good play maker, but we dont need another playmaker on this team.

This is the perfect player for this team. Didnt think we could get him at all without giving up more than we did.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

Not for what this team needs. Schroder has developed into that perfect six man. Shoots, can pass, creates his own shot. Hes exactly what we need. Jru is a solid defender and a good play maker, but we dont need another playmaker on this team.

This is the perfect player for this team. Didnt think we could get him at all without giving up more than we did.

let's run it back
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

After seeing what Jrue was traded for - Lakers got a bigger steal than first realized. Schroder for Green and 28th pick? Crazy good deal.

Schroder will be a great fit next to Lebron and AD. Needed someone who can create his own shot - create shot for others and score 15+ a game.

Also, Lakers can still move Kuz and couple of expiring contracts. Would love PJ Tucker for Kuz and McGee. Salaries match.

Other option is:

After re-signing KCP - Wesley Matthews on Bi-Annual exception (3.6M) & Serge Ibaka with mid-level non-tas payer exception (9.3M). Using 9.3M exception will hardcap the Lakers tho - so gotta make sure they stay under 139M.
Originally posted by 4ML:

After seeing what Jrue was traded for - Lakers got a bigger steal than first realized. Schroder for Green and 28th pick? Crazy good deal.

Schroder will be a great fit next to Lebron and AD. Needed someone who can create his own shot - create shot for others and score 15+ a game.

Also, Lakers can still move Kuz and couple of expiring contracts. Would love PJ Tucker for Kuz and McGee. Salaries match.

Other option is:

After re-signing KCP - Wesley Matthews on Bi-Annual exception (3.6M) & Serge Ibaka with mid-level non-tas payer exception (9.3M). Using 9.3M exception will hardcap the Lakers tho - so gotta make sure they stay under 139M.

Im basically for moving Kuz. That dude from the Pistons still available?

If not, trade him for a draft pick.

But it depends on if Morris is back, and also D12. If we get both of them back, trade him for a 15-20th pick. If not, move Kuz for another forward or big.
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Nov 17, 2020 at 4:44 PM ]

https://okcthunderwire.usatoday.com/2020/08/07/chris-paul-thunder-are-a-totally-different-team-without-dennis-schroder/
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Nov 17, 2020 at 4:48 PM ]

I love this trade so much. Especially since we got rid of Green. He was a weak link at times. He definently lost a step since his Spurs days.
If we get the same DS from last year, holy f**k, we should be the clear favorites.

Bron should get as much rest as possible, and let DS and AD run the show for the first few months.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
If we get the same DS from last year, holy f**k, we should be the clear favorites.

Bron should get as much rest as possible, and let DS and AD run the show for the first few months.

Would be even better if we do another deal with OKC. Trade Kuz, McGee, and Cook for Oubre.

That'll be something.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 4ML:
Would be even better if we do another deal with OKC. Trade Kuz, McGee, and Cook for Oubre.

That'll be something.

I think Kuz would be better ball'n with DS on the floor. He's trying too hard to accommodate Lebron style. Let him free flow coming off the bench I think he could be a 6th man candidate.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Share 49ersWebzone