There are 140 users in the forums

2019-20 WORLD CHAMPION Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Kupchak
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

Kupchak

Lebron gonna make deng come out of retirement and hes gonna play like a all star and be the 3rd option and get him a ring.
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Warriors going to have something for all your lakers next year lol

Warriors are going to formidable next year - especially if they can find some sucker to take on Wiggin's contract. Still can't believe Warriors signed D'Lo to that horrible contract and then traded him for a worse contract.

Draymond is the key though. You know Curry and Klay will f**k teams up but you need Draymond to play like Draymond. If he is shooting under 30% from 3s and looking a step slow on defense - Warriors will still be great but a lot less scary.

They have nobody to guard Lebron or AD. They don't scare me. They won't be the same as the pre Durant warriors.

And umm who do the lakers have that can guard Steph, Klay or future warrior Beal ? Lol and they will sign Ibaka in free agency, It'll be between the warriors and lakers who win it all me year !!!!

Warriors are going to formidable next year - especially if they can find some sucker to take on Wiggin's contract. Still can't believe Warriors signed D'Lo to that horrible contract and then traded him for a worse contract.

Draymond is the key though. You know Curry and Klay will f**k teams up but you need Draymond to play like Draymond. If he is shooting under 30% from 3s and looking a step slow on defense - Warriors will still be great but a lot less scary.

They have nobody to guard Lebron or AD. They don't scare me. They won't be the same as the pre Durant warriors.

And umm who do the lakers have that can guard Steph, Klay or future warrior Beal ? Lol and they will sign Ibaka in free agency, It'll be between the warriors and lakers who win it all me year !!!!

Same guys we had guard Dame and CJ, Westbrook and Harden. Multiple good forwards is what gives us some fits on defense. We thrive on defense against guard heavy teams / big men.

And Beal isnt going anywhere this year. That is for certain pretty much. Next year? Possibly, but unless Wiggins has a break out year and teams want his contract, Wiggins + Minnesota's top 3 protected pick wont even get close to getting it done
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Oct 22, 2020 at 4:05 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Top 2 players in the league!!!

They ain't done yet!!!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

I am really hoping that he'll be a regular contributor in the regular season. If reg season is gonna start in 2020 - lakers will need a deep squad.

Really hoping he gets in the best shape of his life. He can be a great 3nD player if he can shoot a respectable % from 3.

I am really hoping that he'll be a regular contributor in the regular season. If reg season is gonna start in 2020 - lakers will need a deep squad.

Really hoping he gets in the best shape of his life. He can be a great 3nD player if he can shoot a respectable % from 3.

I really like his ability to slash to the rim, too. He has a little of Harden's game in him. Except he actually tries to get to the rim and not just get fouled. lol

Ya i like the pick when we first drafted him. He can be a really good defender, and hes got some play making ability and like stoney said, a good slasher. If he can improve his jump shot, he should be another solid rotation player.
No joke, i think THT has a chance to be a starter in the way that Caruso now is. Such a good defender especially off ball that he forces his way into playing time, and you deal with the growing pains of development on the offensive end. may take 2-3 years when the DGs Rondo etc are all gone but I think he has starter potential.

Top 2 players in the league!!!

They ain't done yet!!!
I think this union is the best thing that could have possibly happened for LeBron at the tail end of his career. It allows him to build on an already great legacy. For AD he is building his own legacy and this is just the beginning. I wish these guys the best as if things fall into place they could be a special duo with multiple titles together.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
I think this union is the best thing that could have possibly happened for LeBron at the tail end of his career. It allows him to build on an already great legacy. For AD he is building his own legacy and this is just the beginning. I wish these guys the best as if things fall into place they could be a special duo with multiple titles together.

I really like Pelinka as a GM. I've no doubt he'll put a right team around Bron and AD. I'd really like to see them trade for a wing who can guard and make some 3s and a serviceable point this offseason.

Key will to preserve as much of the cap space next summer to add that 3rd scorer as Lebron focuses more on running the offense and less on scoring.
[ Edited by 4ML on Oct 27, 2020 at 1:30 AM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Mike Penberthy on Caruso:

LeBron and A.D. always want him in the game because they know he can handle the ball. They know he can shoot the three. They know he'll guard. They know he won't make stupid mistakes. They know he likes to push the ball in transition. He fits alongside those two guys' strengths as well, so that's a big part of why Alex Caruso is so coveted around the NBA as well. Every time we wanted to do a trade in the offseason or before the trade deadline, every team wanted Alex Caruso. He's known throughout the league and respected throughout the league. I think his basketball I.Q. is really high. His NBA skill set is very high. He's an above-average athlete and he's an excellent defender. That's what makes him so good.

-----------------------------------

THE TRUEST GOAT
Bron loves him lol. They have some ridiculous plus/minus stats when they are on the court at the same time.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Bron loves him lol. They have some ridiculous plus/minus stats when they are on the court at the same time.

He is getting 2.75M in salary this year. in 2021 - he'll be a FA and Lakers will have his bird rights. His cap hold for 2021 FA will be approx. 5M.

Lakers superteam coming in 2021...them fools gonna cry cry and cry again.
Share 49erswebzone