LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 226 users in the forums

⛹COLLEGE BASKETBALL 2018-2019⛹🏿‍♂️

Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
Duke is disgusting. K gets way too much credit for a guy who has 3 top 5 NBA picks and a bench full of other 4-5 stars. Guy has not developed a bench since the one and done era came in, can't root for a team that relies on one player and does not play team ball.

Is that really Coach K's fault? With the one and done "epidemic" makes it hard to develop real talent. They all leave within a year or two
Kids want playing time too. It isnt easy to get a strong bench when there are 4 McDonald All Americans starting in the lineup.
Duke is disgusting. K gets way too much credit for a guy who has 3 top 5 NBA picks and a bench full of other 4-5 stars. Guy has not developed a bench since the one and done era came in, can't root for a team that relies on one player and does not play team ball.

Is that really Coach K's fault? With the one and done "epidemic" makes it hard to develop real talent. They all leave within a year or two

His bench is full of 4-5 star kids, he doesn't play them. Been this way for years, that's why he's had quite a few transfers.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Kids want playing time too. It isnt easy to get a strong bench when there are 4 McDonald All Americans starting in the lineup.

His bench has more talented recruits than the vast majority of teams that he's playing against.

His bench has more talented recruits than the vast majority of teams that he's playing against.

Coach K has already admitted that he is all in one and done after seeing what Kentucky did. This is nothing new.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Coach K has already admitted that he is all in one and done after seeing what Kentucky did. This is nothing new.

Just isn't a recipe for success in the tournament if history has shown us anything. UK has won it once during this era and had Anthony Davis, not to mention several other lotto/NBA picks. Duke won it once with Okafor/Jones/Winslow but had Cook and Jefferson giving real contributions as upperclassmen.

You can't build a team concept with 1 year with Freshmen. There is no time for them to develop chemistry. You go to the elite players and let them take over.

Coach K has 5 Championships. Plus some Olympic medals. With a chance for number 6 this year. It's hard to say he is doing bad. In fact he is by far the best coach in the College game.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

You can't build a team concept with 1 year with Freshmen. There is no time for them to develop chemistry. You go to the elite players and let them take over.

Coach K has 5 Championships. Plus some Olympic medals. With a chance for number 6 this year. It's hard to say he is doing bad. In fact he is by far the best coach in the College game.

Most of the winners in the one and done era have built team concepts. UNC and Nova present the most recent proof. Only 2 teams in the one and done era have largely rode freshmen.

K has actually fared worse in the tournament since adopting his one and done strategy. Cal has had so much NBA talent come through UK and has one championship, Duke has fared a little bit better but given the talent that has come through there, the actual on court results have been underwhelming.

I watch a lot of college ball, more than half the job is recruiting, the USA job allowed K access to some of the top talent he wasn't attracting before. He is the most accomplished college coach ever but Wright and Williams have been the better coaches, given results and relative talent level In the past decade or so.
Originally posted by JustinMT:

LOL. Who is the heavy kid? He looks more like he is cut out for football.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Mar 24, 2019 at 10:06 PM ]

Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Duke
Michigan
Tennessee
UNC

Oregon in Elite Eight

Feel generally good about my bracket, 93rd percentile on ESPN. Winning one pool and 2nd in my other pool.

Tenn had me pretty nervous with nearly pulling off the biggest choke in Tournament history.

Definitely like my pick of Oregon knocking out Virginia.

I also have Houston knocking out Kentucky which I feel pretty good about as well.
Duke
Michigan
Tennessee
UNC

Oregon in Elite Eight

Feel generally good about my bracket, 93rd percentile on ESPN. Winning one pool and 2nd in my other pool.

Tenn had me pretty nervous with nearly pulling off the biggest choke in Tournament history.

I also have Houston knocking out Kentucky which I feel pretty good about as well.

93rd percentile? Thats cute. Im at 97.8. SUCK MY MAN TITS
"Stop being offended by things that don't concern you."
https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1109852788387995649

Someone finally steps up against the PC culture.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Duke
Michigan
Tennessee
UNC

Oregon in Elite Eight

93rd percentile? Thats cute. Im at 97.8. SUCK MY MAN TITS

So you picked everyone right outside of Kansas? lol
Feel bad for those UCF kids

Two attempts barely rolling out the rim
Share 49ersWebzone