There are 239 users in the forums

Back to Back NBA Champion Golden State Warriors 2018-19

Warriors notes: Steve Kerr to cut back on shootarounds to keep veterans fresh--
Though Steve Kerr is still deciding whether to ditch the traditional game-day shootaround, it's safe to presume there will be a dramatic reduction of the morning sessions for the Warriors this season.
The reasoning is fairly simple: The head coach recognizes his team is the oldest in the league, has endured four consecutive extended seasons and is anticipating a fifth.
"It's one less day of having to drive into the gym and listen to the coaches," Kerr said Friday after a brief practice. "Maybe they sleep in, maybe they get a mental break."
The Warriors typically hold the one-hour warm up session at the team's downtown facility the morning prior to a home game that night. They do not conduct a shootaround before afternoon games, as is the case with the 5:30 tipoff for the preseason opener Saturday at Oracle Arena.

Still no sign of Pat McCaw
The absence of Pat McCaw continues to be felt, but it's only natural that its impact is starting to diminish.
The Warriors still hope he signs his $1.72 million qualifying offer, but that becomes less likely with each day McCaw misses. That offer expires on Monday, after which McCaw still will be a restricted free agent.
Having invested two seasons in McCaw, the Warriors believe he has a future in the NBA and have not closed the door on a possible multi-year contract that could be on the table next week.
Meanwhile, they're missing his presence, saving his roster spot and reluctant to move on from the missing man.
"It'll never affect his standing amongst us as a human being, as a teammate," Kerr said of McCaw's absence. "We're going to support him, no matter what. But we also have to play. We've got a game tomorrow. We have to do our jobs."
https://sports.yahoo.com/warriors-notes-steve-kerr-cut-011645515.html
Originally posted by nothing03:
I missed the game can anyone give me a summary on how Damian Jones look?

He was fine on certain sets but you can tell he still needs playing time. Still raw as heck and I can picture Loon and/or Bell getting the start come regular season.
Originally posted by kidash98:
I missed the game can anyone give me a summary on how Damian Jones look?

He was fine on certain sets but you can tell he still needs playing time. Still raw as heck and I can picture Loon and/or Bell getting the start come regular season.

I dont think it matters who starts but I do think that both Looney and Bell will get more minutes ,especially in crunch time, than Jones will.
McCaw is a bum haha turned down the Warriors offer of 2 years 4 million. I don't think he would get that much offer. Good luck with that. I'm glad he rejected it. Hope we get J. Crawford as NinerJohn mentioned Evans is not ready for prime time yet with his lack of shooting. So I hope we get Crawford if McCaw leaves.
McCaw is a bum haha turned down the Warriors offer of 2 years 4 million. I don't think he would get that much offer. Good luck with that. I'm glad he rejected it. Hope we get J. Crawford as NinerJohn mentioned Evans is not ready for prime time yet with his lack of shooting. So I hope we get Crawford if McCaw leaves.

He's got two rings, I think he's looking for more consistent playing time, instead of being a bench warmer.

With that being said, I don't think he has leverage so his approach is a head-scratcher fo sho
Originally posted by ads_2006:

He's got two rings, I think he's looking for more consistent playing time, instead of being a bench warmer.

With that being said, I don't think he has leverage so his approach is a head-scratcher fo sho

I don't know any team would sign him more than a min. and more playing time? I don't think he has any leverage there are tons of other free agents that are better than him that hasn't sign yet.
Some intriguing Free Agents to take McCaw spots.
1. J. Crawford
2. Corey Brewer
3. Wait for a buyout
4. One of the G league players.
5. Nick Young????
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:

I don't know any team would sign him more than a min. and more playing time? I don't think he has any leverage there are tons of other free agents that are better than him that hasn't sign yet.
Some intriguing Free Agents to take McCaw spots.
1. J. Crawford
2. Corey Brewer
3. Wait for a buyout
4. One of the G league players.
5. Nick Young????

Probably option 4.

Jamal Crawford posted a suspicious tweet around the time it was announced McCaw wouldn't re-sign...
I am bummed McCaw will be going elsewhere. I know he had a down and injury plagued year last year, but I still think he is going to be a good player in this league.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
I am bummed McCaw will be going elsewhere. I know he had a down and injury plagued year last year, but I still think he is going to be a good player in this league.

He would be good if he is not too scared to shoot. He was really good last year summer league and preseason. When season starts too scared or hesitate too much too score even pre-injury same issue. His defense even fell off.

I think the number one issue on the bench is scoring. We need scorer Evans too raw, Cook decent still inconsistent, Livingston and Iggy some off days and Jerebko didn't even score a point last game.
Ulis might make the roster or maybe Damion Lee? I think we need one more scorer or at least someone that can hit the 3's. Brewer and Crawford are on top of my list. Brewer decent defender and Crawford can get you at least 8-10 points off the bench.

Myers has all the leverage. If he truly wants to play hardball he can just sign one of these training camp invites to a non or partially guaranteed contract (who they can release later) while they wait out McCaw. He's not going to sit out the entire season and he'll still be a restricted free agent next summer.
[ Edited by SFrush on Oct 2, 2018 at 12:55 PM ]
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

He would be good if he is not too scared to shoot. He was really good last year summer league and preseason. When season starts too scared or hesitate too much too score even pre-injury same issue. His defense even fell off.

I think the number one issue on the bench is scoring. We need scorer Evans too raw, Cook decent still inconsistent, Livingston and Iggy some off days and Jerebko didn't even score a point last game.
Ulis might make the roster or maybe Damion Lee? I think we need one more scorer or at least someone that can hit the 3's. Brewer and Crawford are on top of my list. Brewer decent defender and Crawford can get you at least 8-10 points off the bench.

I agree. Honestly, I dont think the Warriors will miss McCaw at all and adding a scorer is more important. I am just surprised that he would walk away from a pretty darn good situation when he doesnt have a lot of leverage to get a big deal elsewhere.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
McCaw is no big loss - average at best player.
Originally posted by mayo49:
McCaw is no big loss - average at best player.

Agree.
I dont think anyone would make the argument that we "need" Mccaw. I just think he has the chance to be a nice player and I wish he would continue to develop as a Warrior. His presence wont be missed much.
Share 49ersWebzone