LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 186 users in the forums

2018-19 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

• titan
  • Veteran
I like K. Leonard's game so I like DeAndre Hunter at 4.
Originally posted by titan:

He is far from a bad choice. He is underrated on here. He is a really good player and would be a good pick at #4 overall.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by titan:

He is far from a bad choice. He is underrated on here. He is a really good player and would be a good pick at #4 overall.

Oh he is definitely on the radar. He led a team to a title, he has all the tools to be a good player.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
I'm not a big fan of Hunter. I'd take Culver or Garland over him.

There are "rumors" that Knicks really like Culver. I really like Culver too but I'll take RJ over him every day.
Originally posted by 4ML:
I'm not a big fan of Hunter. I'd take Culver or Garland over him.

There are "rumors" that Knicks really like Culver. I really like Culver too but I'll take RJ over him every day.

If they get RJ Barrett at #4 overall consider that a win. He is an excellent athlete and has a great left hand. It's good to have a guy going left which defenses are less used to generally. It adds a nice dimension to your team. I would be far from disappointed with that. It would be great for the Lakers to land him. There are other good options at #4 also.

I really think people complained too much. The difference from #11 to #4 is just huge. Yes you have a big 3 in this draft. But I think there are some real good options at 4, 5, 6, 7 and so on who can really help a team. None of them would be available at #11. The Lakers did fine here. In fact they got really lucky.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on May 17, 2019 at 2:02 PM ]
I think the Lakers trade the pick. Not sure the scenario, but they want as many "now" players as they can get. Not "a couple few years away" players.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I think the Lakers trade the pick. Not sure the scenario, but they want as many "now" players as they can get. Not "a couple few years away" players.

Agree, LeBron puts them in win now or else mode. I don't think any free agents will want to come to the Lakers. LeBron doesn't attract them.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2836818-windhorst-execs-worried-about-lakers-brandon-ingram-after-blood-clot-surgery

"NBA executives are reportedly "worried" about the long-term status of Brandon Ingram after he underwent surgery for deep vein thrombosis in his arm in March.
"The Lakers' offer [for Anthony Davis] is really challenged when comparing to some of the other offers, especially because Brandon Ingram is coming off this blood clot," ESPN's Brian Windhorst said Friday on The Jump. "And I know that they have said that it's going to be okay, but I'm telling you that executives in the league are worried about that."
Recovery from the blood clots includes a period of taking blood thinners, which Ingram cannot take while playing basketball. The condition also puts Ingram at an increased risk of developing a pulmonary embolism.
Chris Bosh was forced to retire after suffering recurring issues with blood clots."

Originally posted by jcs:
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2836818-windhorst-execs-worried-about-lakers-brandon-ingram-after-blood-clot-surgery

"NBA executives are reportedly "worried" about the long-term status of Brandon Ingram after he underwent surgery for deep vein thrombosis in his arm in March.
"The Lakers' offer [for Anthony Davis] is really challenged when comparing to some of the other offers, especially because Brandon Ingram is coming off this blood clot," ESPN's Brian Windhorst said Friday on The Jump. "And I know that they have said that it's going to be okay, but I'm telling you that executives in the league are worried about that."
Recovery from the blood clots includes a period of taking blood thinners, which Ingram cannot take while playing basketball. The condition also puts Ingram at an increased risk of developing a pulmonary embolism.
Chris Bosh was forced to retire after suffering recurring issues with blood clots."

the difference is ingram has a reversible cause for his clots (thoracic outlet/inlet syndrome) that has been corrected with surgery. bosh's case was more complex as the cause was unclear vs it was due to long distance flying. bosh has to remain on blood thinners indefinitely bc an nba player has to fly while ingram will be on for ~3 months with close follow up. also bosh embolized his clot while ingram didn't (doesn't change treatment but important to note).
Don't confuse him with factual medical details. It gets in the way with his hating on the Lakers. lol

• jcs
  • Veteran
Don't confuse him with factual medical details. It gets in the way with his hating on the Lakers. lol

I just posted an article...those aren't my words.
Projecting a medical diagnosis of one person on to another completely different person is utter nonsense..... Each person is an individual as are their unique medical issues.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Projecting a medical diagnosis of one person on to another completely different person is utter nonsense..... Each person is an individual as are their unique medical issues.

lol this.

Pretty much every medical expert has said that Bosh's blood clotting issues were very very different from BI. Of course, blood clotting is no joke and is a serious issue so everyone should be worried - including BI and Lakers. But, it has no real meaning. Ppl can be worried about getting a ticket when driving at 75mph in a 65mph zone but they still do it.

Seems like an article just to write an article. When you're an NBA executive and your job depends on the moves you make - you should be concerned and worried about any move you make.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
As much as I didn't want Kidd on the Lakers bench...I really believe that he'll be a huge help to Lonzo (if he is on the roster). Lonzo is basically Kidd 2.0 and one thing Kidd did well at Milwaukee was - develop young guys. I'd really like to see Lakers sign a good shooting coach as well.

Really interested to see who Vogel surrounds himself with.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Definitely think they should trade the pick...for the right player.

But, they must keep the max slot open. So, whoever they trade for - they gotta make sure they have a slot open for Kawhi. IMO - he's the most likely player to come to the Lakers...and if Lakers can get his commitment and then go to other teams for that 3rd star - they'll be in much better position. Then they don't have to look so needy.

I'd be more than happy to keep the 4th pick with all the young players if Lakers get Kawhi.
Share 49ersWebzone