There are 247 users in the forums

2018-19 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

It's a damn shame the pelicans are about to be ran better than the Lakers
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Magic is a douchebag
Originally posted by Garce:
Magic is a douchebag

Lakers been trash for years, he's just telling the truth.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners94:
Magic is a douchebag

He's been classless in this whole thing.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Magic is a douchebag

He's been classless in this whole thing.

Palinka came back today and denied everything and said that Magic is imagining things.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
cant stab somebody in the back if he aint never there

Magic is a douchebag

Yeah but he's also making sure to bury everyone but himself in this whole thing.

Him telling Rob that he was gonna teach him how to be a GM in the 3 years he's there despite never being a GM before is laughable.
[ Edited by JustinMT on May 20, 2019 at 2:13 PM ]
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Yeah but he's also making sure to bury everyone but himself in this whole thing.

Him telling Rob that he was gonna teach him how to be a GM in the 3 years he's there despite never being a GM before is laughable.

Rule #1: don't ever show up

Rule #2: when you show up, do stupid s**t with the roster that doesn't make sense.

Rule #3: quit when you get called out for rules 1 and 2, even though you admit to doing them.
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on May 20, 2019 at 3:09 PM ]
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I didn't see the show, but from everything I'm seeing coming out, it seems like Magic admitted he wasn't fully committed to everything it takes to do the job properly, and all the questionable decisions made were his idea. Is this accurate? lol

Honestly, he didnt hold his punches. They asked him everything from why he didnt tell Bron, to how he feels about the team, his role, the roster, Rob, ownership, etc. Good questions were asked and he answered them.

In his mind he had a plan, he even called it his plan, and felt like he did the best he could. His words were, I sacrificed a lot, I couldnt even go out to dinner with my wife anymore.

100% committed? No, maybe like 95%.

After hearing him talk and give his explanation of things, I believe he deserves some of the blame, but the rest of the FO is also deserving of it, especially ownership.

Lets face it, hes Magic Johnson. He doesnt need this b******t. They hired him to do a job and he wasnt allowed to do it, and had to deal with all the drama. If I'm him, I get it. I am big time celebrity thats wealthy, why put up with this crap. He quit, but I kinda get it.

Fire Rob, whether he was snitch or not wont matter. Players listen to this stuff.
Magic just exposed himself. I'm very surprised - he should be embarrassed.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.urbandictionary.com/define.php%3Fterm%3Dempty%2520suit%26amp%3Dtrue
This whole thing is lol funny.

Let me get this straight - Magic, who clearly was never around and didn't give a s**t...who told Jeanie that he wanted to keep working on his other job while GM bc it made him more money - oh which by the way, is motivational speaking. Not running Oracle, he spends his whole time telling people how they can be great like him. This guy, who talks about his incredible love for the lakers, literally goes on first take a s**tty gossip tv show no one takes seriously, to basically undermine the entire lakers organization, talk s**t on Rob and basically toss out a bunch of half truths and crap...on the SAME DAY WERE ANNOUNCING OUR NEW COACH. What a POS. The best part is he was going to mentor Rob to be him, lol. How pathetically self absorbed can you be???

Thanks for the tampering fines, and for Mike Mustacka, and making sure we most definitely will never get Anthony Davis. Oh and to top it all off you air out your dirty laundry and continue to make the entire org look bad....during the off-season that has the greatest free agent class in the history of the sport. Think about that.

You've done enough, thanks for the championships Magic, stay the f**k away from the Lakers you empty suite douche.
[ Edited by DynastyChile on May 20, 2019 at 6:08 PM ]
I prefer to remember this Magic instead of the fat, post AIDS buffoon he has become

Really the only silver lining is that he is very active on social media so we have an inside look at his advice so we can do the exact opposite.

I'm scared that he is happy Kurt Rambis is there, the guy that almost drove Kevin Loves career into the ground. Might need to show Kurt the door ASAP
Share 49ersWebzone