LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 266 users in the forums

OFFICIAL 2018 NBA Off-Season Thread

Originally posted by sacniner:
Walt Frazier with a controversial take here regarding a couple current all stars:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2018/08/30/walt-frazier-delivers-blunt-take-on-durant-and-carmelo-legacies/amp/

What do you guys think? Is he just a bitter old dude, or is there some validity?

Durant fanbois coming in here to say Walt Frazier is just a hater in 3.....2.....1.......
Can you imagine how many burner accounts Durant has created the last 10 hours talking crap on Walt?

And Melo getting his jersey retired, esp as a Knick, is comical. Is that really even a discussion? His average win total in 7 seasons - 35.
[ Edited by DynastyChile on Aug 30, 2018 at 7:30 AM ]
I still think of Carmelo as a Nugget. At least his teams were good there

Ayyy, loved those jerseys
Originally posted by valrod33:

I like those jerseys, too. Classic. Too bad the team sucks and will underachieve.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

I like those jerseys, too. Classic. Too bad the team sucks and will underachieve.

Thibs is an a*****e
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Thibs is an a*****e

Love those jerseys. And not just bc we dominated you guys constantly in them, its a great look.
John Wall: Team USA has 'different atmosphere' with Gregg Popovich succeeding Mike Krzyzewski

John Wall said he wasn't give a fair shot to make Team USA for the 2014 World Cup. Then, he (correctly) predicted he wouldn't make the 2016 Olympic roster, either.
If the Wizards star resented USA Basketball, he's using Gregg Popovich succeeding Mike Krzyzewski as coach as an opportunity to move on.

Jerry Colangelo remains managing director. So, it isn't a completely new regime.
Nor is it a different landscape for Wall's roster competition. The Americans are loaded at point guard. Beyond Wall, the player pool for the 2019 World Cup and 2020 Olympic includes:

Team USA player pool at Point Guard-
Stephen Curry
James Harden
Kyrie Irving
Russell Westbrook
Chris Paul
Damian Lillard
Kyle Lowry
Kemba Walker
Mike Conley
Isaiah Thomas

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/08/30/john-wall-team-usa-has-different-atmosphere-with-gregg-popovich-succeeding-mike-krzyzewski/
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Aug 30, 2018 at 7:50 PM ]
Houston has traded Ryan Anderson and De'Anthony Melton to Phoenix for Marquese Chriss and Brandon Knight, league source tells ESPN.
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
John Wall: Team USA has 'different atmosphere' with Gregg Popovich succeeding Mike Krzyzewski

John Wall said he wasn't give a fair shot to make Team USA for the 2014 World Cup. Then, he (correctly) predicted he wouldn't make the 2016 Olympic roster, either.
If the Wizards star resented USA Basketball, he's using Gregg Popovich succeeding Mike Krzyzewski as coach as an opportunity to move on.

Jerry Colangelo remains managing director. So, it isn't a completely new regime.
Nor is it a different landscape for Wall's roster competition. The Americans are loaded at point guard. Beyond Wall, the player pool for the 2019 World Cup and 2020 Olympic includes:

Team USA player pool at Point Guard-
Stephen Curry
James Harden
Kyrie Irving
Russell Westbrook
Chris Paul
Damian Lillard
Kyle Lowry
Kemba Walker
Mike Conley
Isaiah Thomas

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/08/30/john-wall-team-usa-has-different-atmosphere-with-gregg-popovich-succeeding-mike-krzyzewski/

why would they even list Isaiah Thomas
Lol
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Houston has traded Ryan Anderson and De'Anthony Melton to Phoenix for Marquese Chriss and Brandon Knight, league source tells ESPN.

Not a bad trade for Rockets.

• DaBum
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 4ML:

Not at all. Chriss is better than Anderson for this team and Knight is cheaper than Anderson. Chriss may look a lot better getting a bunch of easy buckets off dimes from Harden/Paul. Even if he doesn't work out the Rockets didn't trade anyone who would be in their playoff rotation.
Originally posted by DaBum:
Originally posted by 4ML:

Not at all. Chriss is better than Anderson for this team and Knight is cheaper than Anderson. Chriss may look a lot better getting a bunch of easy buckets off dimes from Harden/Paul. Even if he doesn't work out the Rockets didn't trade anyone who would be in their playoff rotation.

Chriss has a lot of talent but he has Trent Brown disease. His work ethic is garbage. Brandon Knight when healthy can ball, he'll add another scorer off the bench for that team.

I know Phoenix liked Melton pre-draft, unsure about how much longer Anderson's deal runs for but I guess he works as a stretch four?

they were okay. pretty sure they never got past the first round.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

They made it to the Conference Finals.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

They made it to the Conference Finals.

did they? always remembered his Nuggets teams getting bounced in the first round.

looked it up, they went to playoffs 10 years in a row, lost every year in the 1st round except that year. lol.
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Sep 2, 2018 at 1:58 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone