LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 220 users in the forums

NBA PLAYOFFS 2017-2018 Thread

Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Could the Warriors have gotten any luckier with their playoff matchups? Spurs in the first then the Pelicans or Blazers in the 2nd, lol. If I'm them I rest Curry until they meet up with the Rockers

Warriors not getting out of the 1st round.

Spurs will get blown out every game by at least 20 points

The curse of the Kawhi p***y

Good joke.
Could the Warriors have gotten any luckier with their playoff matchups? Spurs in the first then the Pelicans or Blazers in the 2nd, lol. If I'm them I rest Curry until they meet up with the Rockers

Watch the Spurs win game 1
I really want to see the Warriors repeat... but I just don't see it happening. I see the Rockets getting to the Finals and winning against the Sixers or Cavs (maybe the Raptors will surprise me).
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Warriors will easily win again. Greatest collection of talent (all in their primes) on 1 roster.

Curry has to be at least 80% healthy against Rockets. Anyone else - it doesn't even matter whether he plays or not.
Originally posted by 4ML:
Warriors will easily win again. Greatest collection of talent (all in their primes) on 1 roster.

Curry has to be at least 80% healthy against Rockets. Anyone else - it doesn't even matter whether he plays or not.

I disagree that they would beat any team other than the Rockets without Curry. I hope you are right that they will win easily but I think that is diminishing the talent of the Rockets. They may win but it wont be easy.
Durant aint leading a team to the title. If Curry isn't a go then I doubt the Warriors win it this year. Steph is much more valuable to that team than KD
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I disagree that they would beat any team other than the Rockets without Curry. I hope you are right that they will win easily but I think that is diminishing the talent of the Rockets. They may win but it wont be easy.

I'm not disrespecting Rockets. But, in the playoffs - it's about the stars and superstars. Rockets have 2 and Warriors have 4.

We had this discussion last year as well. Look what happened. When Curry is back - it won't even be close.

I'm not disrespecting Rockets. But, in the playoffs - it's about the stars and superstars. Rockets have 2 and Warriors have 4.

We had this discussion last year as well. Look what happened. When Curry is back - it won't even be close.

Rockets play really well together, and they've looked better on defense. GS can turn it up on defense as well, they have the players to do so, but is it a little too late for that? We'll see, but I like the Rockets chances as well. If Harden doesn't do one his dissapearing acts during that series, and Paul stays healthy, I would expect nothing less than a game 7.
  • DaBum
  • Veteran
Rockets have three stars. If you want to consider Green as a 4th for GS then Capela has to be one for Houston. 13th in PER, league leader shooting percentage, 3rd in block percentage, 5th in rebound percentage, 3rd in offensive rating, 4th in defensive rating, 11th in win shares.

A super star? Obviously not but he is a legit star level player. I realize he gets a lot of easy looks. His athleticism really helps. He's amongst the best at rebounding, blocking and defense. That alone makes him a star.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaBum:
Rockets have three stars. If you want to consider Green as a 4th for GS then Capela has to be one for Houston. 13th in PER, league leader shooting percentage, 3rd in block percentage, 5th in rebound percentage, 3rd in offensive rating, 4th in defensive rating, 11th in win shares.

A super star? Obviously not but he is a legit star level player. I realize he gets a lot of easy looks. His athleticism really helps. He's amongst the best at rebounding, blocking and defense. That alone makes him a star.

I'm gonna disagree with that. Capela can't do anything offensively by himself. Green can run an offense and is one of the best defenders in the league.

Good player. Not a star imo. Excellent fit for what Rockets want from him.
[ Edited by 4ML on Apr 14, 2018 at 12:38 PM ]

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Rockets play really well together, and they've looked better on defense. GS can turn it up on defense as well, they have the players to do so, but is it a little too late for that? We'll see, but I like the Rockets chances as well. If Harden doesn't do one his dissapearing acts during that series, and Paul stays healthy, I would expect nothing less than a game 7.

That's a fair post. I just think Warriors will take it to another level in playoffs and Rockets were pretty much playing as well as they can.

Draymond has not played like a superstar at all this year. The Rockets clearly should be the favorites given the health of the Warriors and how great Houston has played this year. Saying it wont be close is pretty funny though.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Draymond has not played like a superstar at all this year. The Rockets clearly should be the favorites given the health of the Warriors and how great Houston has played this year. Saying it wont be close is pretty funny though.

I don't know whether you can't read or you intentionally misread. Never said Draymond is a superstar. Wtf

I don't know whether you can't read or you intentionally misread. Never said Draymond is a superstar. Wtf

Well you did say the Warriors have 4 stars/superstars. I'd assume Draymond is one of them
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Knowledge:

Well you did say the Warriors have 4 stars/superstars. I'd assume Draymond is one of them

And you'd assume he's a superstar? It's obvious that Warriors have 2 superstars and 2 stars. Rockets have 2 superstars.

DaBum understood exactly what I said.
Share 49ersWebzone