There are 227 users in the forums

NBA PLAYOFFS 2017-2018 Thread

• DaBum
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by Knowledge:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Draymond has not played like a superstar at all this year. The Rockets clearly should be the favorites given the health of the Warriors and how great Houston has played this year. Saying it wont be close is pretty funny though.

I don't know whether you can't read or you intentionally misread. Never said Draymond is a superstar. Wtf

Well you did say the Warriors have 4 stars/superstars. I'd assume Draymond is one of them

And you'd assume he's a superstar? It's obvious that Warriors have 2 superstars and 2 stars. Rockets have 2 superstars.

DaBum understood exactly what I said.

Yep. Super star is a very rare, truly elite player. Capable of single handedly taking over games. Maybe 10-15 at most in the league at any time. Star is someone who plays at a consistently high level but has clear flaws and, except in rare occassions, doesn't take over games. Draymond plays at a consistently high level but doesn't take over games. Steph takes over games, Durant takes over games, Harden takes over games, Paul takes over games ... Etc.

It's like All-Pro to Pro Bowl in the NFL.
Draymond has not played like a superstar at all this year. The Rockets clearly should be the favorites given the health of the Warriors and how great Houston has played this year. Saying it wont be close is pretty funny though.

I don't know whether you can't read or you intentionally misread. Never said Draymond is a superstar. Wtf

EAD.

Well you did say the Warriors have 4 stars/superstars. I'd assume Draymond is one of them

And you'd assume he's a superstar? It's obvious that Warriors have 2 superstars and 2 stars. Rockets have 2 superstars.

I think what John was trying to get at was Draymond hasnt played like any kind of Star this year
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

EAD.

Lol

I think what John was trying to get at was Draymond hasnt played like any kind of Star this year

exactly. I actually have watched EVERY Warriors game unlike 4ML and Draymond's play is not close to what it has been the past couple of years. His shot has been off all season and his defense isnt as good either.

I just think its funny that someone would say the Warriors will win and it wont be close. Trust me, I hope he is right but there is no way a series with Houston wont be close
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

He made the all-star team.

He hasn't played as good as last year but he's still a top 20 player. Not sure how anyone can argue that.
  • DaBum
  • Veteran

He hasn't played as good as last year but he's still a top 20 player. Not sure how anyone can argue that.

Top 20 this year? I'm not sure he has been. I expect him to play better defense in the playoffs so he's a star but top 20 is arguable.

In no particular order

1 Harden
2 Paul
3 LeBron
4 Westbrook
5 AD
6 Lilliard
7 McCollum
8 Curry
9 Durant
10 Klay
11 DeRozan
12 Lowry
13 Jokic
14 KAT
15 Giannis
16 Oladipo
17 Kyrie
18 Butler
19 Drummond
20 Porzingis
21 Simmons
22 Embiid
23 LaMarcus

Quite a few more with legit arguments and I could very well have missed some obvious no question ones since I did this mostly off the top of my head.
Originally posted by DaBum:

Top 20 this year? I'm not sure he has been. I expect him to play better defense in the playoffs so he's a star but top 20 is arguable.

In no particular order

1 Harden
2 Paul
3 LeBron
4 Westbrook
5 AD
6 Lilliard
7 McCollum
8 Curry
9 Durant
10 Klay
11 DeRozan
12 Lowry
13 Jokic
14 KAT
15 Giannis
16 Oladipo
17 Kyrie
18 Butler
19 Drummond
20 Porzingis
21 Simmons
22 Embiid
23 LaMarcus

Quite a few more with legit arguments and I could very well have missed some obvious no question ones since I did this mostly off the top of my head.
Also...
Gobert
George
Hortford

I agree that its questionable that Draymond has been top 20 this year. Dubs need him to play like he did last few years if they want to repeat
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Could the Warriors have gotten any luckier with their playoff matchups? Spurs in the first then the Pelicans or Blazers in the 2nd, lol. If I'm them I rest Curry until they meet up with the Rockers

Warriors not getting out of the 1st round.

Spurs will get blown out every game by at least 20 points

The curse of the Kawhi p***y

Good joke.

He was dinged up all year, mainly a shoulder. Which probably explains the shooting woes some.

Originally posted by Bluesbro:
He was dinged up all year, mainly a shoulder. Which probably explains the shooting woes some.

I dont think there is any question that injuries were part of Draymond's decline this year. However, his decision making was shaky quite often and he turned the ball over way too much.

No one is saying Draymond isnt a good player. We all know that he can be great at times. Hell, if he doesnt get suspended in the finals we are going for 4 in a row.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

I dont think there is any question that injuries were part of Draymond's decline this year. However, his decision making was shaky quite often and he turned the ball over way too much.

No one is saying Draymond isnt a good player. We all know that he can be great at times. Hell, if he doesnt get suspended in the finals we are going for 4 in a row.

Draymond is probably not going to age well as a player. He plays so physical, and pretty much is always checking someone larger than he is and strong AF. Couple that with being on a team that makes yearly long playoff runs with 15-25 extra games a year, and I would expect him to break down fairly regularly as he gets older. More so than most players do as they age.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
This game is really fun.

If Wizards play to their talent level - they're as good as any team not named Rockets and Warriors.

Too bad they hardly ever play at the level expected.
This game is really fun.

If Wizards play to their talent level - they're as good as any team not named Rockets and Warriors.

I thought wall should have gotten a few calls, but can't go wall vs the world with 6-20 shooting.

Raptors seem elated to win. Idk how to feel about it.

Wizards were in it and didn't play their best. Raptors could have been playing a bit tight, given their whole game 7 game 1 talk
Originally posted by ads_2006:
This game is really fun.

I thought wall should have gotten a few calls, but can't go wall vs the world with 6-20 shooting.

Raptors seem elated to win. Idk how to feel about it.

Wizards were in it and didn't play their best. Raptors could have been playing a bit tight, given their whole game 7 game 1 talk

Raptors have never won a game 1 before so getting that monkey off their back finally is huge to them.
Share 49ersWebzone