LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 230 users in the forums

2017-18 season Los Angeles Lakers thread (and now offseason)

Ball really impressed, tonight. Night and day from game 1. He set Ingram up perfectly for a wide open 3 that could have got him the last assist for the triple double but Brandon missed it.

Get Kuzma minutes and the ball.

Randle looks like a head case off the bench.

Can't wait to see KCP with in there with them.
1-1. We goin to da ship!
alrighty ball get yo feet wet
[ Edited by MoistButtCheeks on Oct 20, 2017 at 11:39 PM ]
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Ball really impressed, tonight. Night and day from game 1. He set Ingram up perfectly for a wide open 3 that could have got him the last assist for the triple double but Brandon missed it.

-Ball should have at least 14 asst. Either team mates -mishandled or just didn't finish.
-What the heck is going on with Randle???He looks lost and slow.
-Nance is definitely growing in as part of the team. Gotta have more players like him.
-Lopez was on. Defense and rebounding was weak though.
-Ingram looks a lot better, but definitely needs to get bigger and stronger to help him in the paint. When he gets in there he looks like he can do some damage with his skills, but he gets bump and ends up on the floor.
[ Edited by titan on Oct 21, 2017 at 1:32 PM ]
Originally posted by titan:

-Ball should have at least 14 asst. Either team mates -mishandled or just didn't finish.
-What the heck is going on with Randle???He looks lost and slow.
-Nance is definitely growing in as part of the team. Gotta have more players like him.
-Lopez was on. Defense and rebounding was weak though.
-Ingram looks a lot better, but definitely needs to get bigger and stronger to help him in the paint. When he gets in there he looks like he can do some damage with his skills, but he gets bump and ends up on the floor.

Ya he had a lot of would be assists that didn't go in, great game by him, especially since his shot was falling.

Randle doesn't look slow, just looks like he don't give a f**k. He didn't get a lot of minutes going into the second half and he didn't seem happy about it. Looks like his time in LA might be over, especially if Kuzma continues to play like this, and even Nance had himself a good game.

Lopez still struggles defensively, and I don't think that's gonna magically change after 12 years, but he rebounded better (11), and that's something he can change. And Ingram did a much better job mixing it up, instead of just trying to drive inside and fall on his ass lol.

Good to get the win, but we need much better defense obviously. This team spent a lot of time this offseason working on defense and new sets, and I doubt Luke was happy with what he saw.
[ Edited by TheHYDE49er on Oct 21, 2017 at 2:53 PM ]
Got the pelicans tonight. I'm curious how they'll play against the 2 big men.

KCP back tonight after missing the first 2 games for the DUI. He could help get Lonzo more assists.
The Lakers completely ignore the idea of playing defense.
Originally posted by socalfan21:

They had an 11-0 run end of the first half and still trailed by 11. That's a good illustration of awful defense.
This team is schizophrenic. They play in slow motion and get down big. Then go on a run of great offense and defense. Then goes back into slow motion.

Im not sure they have any player who is an elite defender. I know Lopez isnt. Ball certainly isnt either at this point. I think the Lakers are going to struggle all year on that end of the court. Offensively though they could be very good.

This team is schizophrenic. They play in slow motion and get down big. Then go on a run of great offense and defense. Then goes back into slow motion.

Definition of a young team.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Im not sure they have any player who is an elite defender. I know Lopez isnt. Ball certainly isnt either at this point. I think the Lakers are going to struggle all year on that end of the court. Offensively though they could be very good.

You don't need elite defenders to give up less than 120 points a night. They could play some team defense.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

You don't need elite defenders to give up less than 120 points a night. They could play some team defense.

True. But having shot blockers and a couple of strong one on one defenders can make up for a lot of defensive deficiencies. I would think their team defense will improve the more they get used to each other. Lots of new players on this team.
2nd unit of Clarkson, Hart, Kuzma, Randle, with Ingram playable very good together.
2nd unit of Clarkson, Hart, Kuzma, Randle, with Ingram playable very good together.

no kidding. Impressive comeback
Share 49ersWebzone