There are 239 users in the forums

2017-18 season Los Angeles Lakers thread (and now offseason)

The Lakers played d for most of the first half then went "ahh screw it" and completely stopped.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socalfan21:
The Lakers played d for most of the first half then went "ahh screw it" and completely stopped.

No one wanted to score tonight?!
Originally posted by titan:
Originally posted by socalfan21:

No one wanted to score tonight?!

i think the D was good for the most part, that's a really good scoring team. the biggest issues was the TOs. we would've easily won that game if we didnt have that many. offensive fouls, traveling calls, and forced passes, most of those TOs we could've stopped from happening.
i'm actually liking this team though, and if we keep up this kind of defense, i wouldn't be shocked if we get the #8th seed.

it's a night and day differece with the starters this year. last year the bench pretty much carried the load and won us most of the games we won. a rookie Ingram, an inconsistent Randle, and Swaggy / Russel who were streaky shooters.

this year we have a s5 can also put up points. Lopez is able to get us some easy buckets, then Ingram is able to score now, and KCP is also able to make some plays. and with Ball running the show, we have a pretty decent half court team when the starters are out there. and the bench might even be better than last year with Hart, Kuzma, Randle, and Clarkson.

i think the formula needs to be that the starters keep the game close while they are in there (something we couldn't do last year) and the bench outplays the other teams bench, which is gonna happen on most nights.
I don't think needed to bench the starters to close the game. I get it, they got lazy on a turn around, but cmon man.
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
i'm actually liking this team though, and if we keep up this kind of defense, i wouldn't be shocked if we get the #8th seed.

it's a night and day differece with the starters this year. last year the bench pretty much carried the load and won us most of the games we won. a rookie Ingram, an inconsistent Randle, and Swaggy / Russel who were streaky shooters.

this year we have a s5 can also put up points. Lopez is able to get us some easy buckets, then Ingram is able to score now, and KCP is also able to make some plays. and with Ball running the show, we have a pretty decent half court team when the starters are out there. and the bench might even be better than last year with Hart, Kuzma, Randle, and Clarkson.

i think the formula needs to be that the starters keep the game close while they are in there (something we couldn't do last year) and the bench outplays the other teams bench, which is gonna happen on most nights.

I would be pretty shocked if they made the playoffs. 7 teams are locks I think.
Warriors
Rockets
Spurs
Thunder
Clippers
Grizzlies
Timberwolves

Question is.. can the Lakers beat out Utah, Portland, and Denver for the last spot. I doubt it. However, they are a very competitive team that will improve steadily.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Warriors
Rockets
Spurs
Thunder
Clippers
Grizzlies
Timberwolves

Question is.. can the Lakers beat out Utah, Portland, and Denver for the last spot. I doubt it. However, they are a very competitive team that will improve steadily.

Damn, what a gauntlet the West has become
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Warriors
Rockets
Spurs
Thunder
Clippers
Grizzlies
Timberwolves

NO should also be considered in that mix as well. It will be tough, but some of these teams have some injuries, it's possible.
Warriors
Rockets
Spurs
Thunder
Clippers
Grizzlies
Timberwolves

NO should also be considered in that mix as well. It will be tough, but some of these teams have some injuries, it's possible.

Yep. I forgot New Orleans who would also be in that 8-12 range. The West is sick with talent.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Warriors
Rockets
Spurs
Thunder
Clippers
Grizzlies
Timberwolves

Yep. I forgot New Orleans who would also be in that 8-12 range. The West is sick with talent.

What an uphill battle. I really hope for steady improvements and consistency from both sides of the ball.

• titan
  • Veteran
Kuzma!!!
#wegointodaship
great win. goes to show how good this team can be when we play good D and hit our 3s. we still had TO problems but we still dominated. limit these TOs, keep this type of defense up, and keep shooting well and my playoff prediction wont sound that crazy.
Man, great game. 100% effort from start to finish. If they can show that type of commitment every game, this team may be way ahead of schedule.
I don't know what it is about Portland, but the Lakers always have the toughest time playing up there. I hope that it can just be a decent game tonight.
Share 49ersWebzone