There are 335 users in the forums

2017-18 season Los Angeles Lakers thread (and now offseason)

Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
Randle looks a lot leaner.

Damn dude put in work. Good for him. He knows how big of a year this is. Needs to produce

Roids.
  • Jiks
Fun game for a preseason game.

Mitchell>Ball though
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Viperboy:
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
Randle looks a lot leaner.

Damn dude put in work. Good for him. He knows how big of a year this is. Needs to produce

Roids.

Nah. Just dropped some weight and lost fat%
Crickets after tonight huh, boys?

Deng starting must just be because KCP is out first two games. He really shouldn't be getting any PT whatsoever.

Priority has to be getting Ingram and Ball going this year. If Ingram doesn't take a step forward, we're doomed. At the same time, it's one game. I'm not worried about his dribble happy, terrible shooting night. One game. We live to play another game...tomorrow against Phoenix.

I will say early feelings are the same as they have been since end of last regular season: We need to ship Randle + Nance out ASAP. Nance can be sold "high" and Randle continues to play with the awareness of a child. I know it's one game but this was the case in preseason too. I pray one of these two figure it out so we can keep them. Otherwise, both gone and Kuz gets the 4 spot next year.

0-1. 81 more to go. Let's do this.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GameOver:

Deng starting must just be because KCP is out first two games. He really shouldn't be getting any PT whatsoever.

Priority has to be getting Ingram and Ball going this year. If Ingram doesn't take a step forward, we're doomed. At the same time, it's one game. I'm not worried about his dribble happy, terrible shooting night. One game. We live to play another game...tomorrow against Phoenix.

I will say early feelings are the same as they have been since end of last regular season: We need to ship Randle + Nance out ASAP. Nance can be sold "high" and Randle continues to play with the awareness of a child. I know it's one game but this was the case in preseason too. I pray one of these two figure it out so we can keep them. Otherwise, both gone and Kuz gets the 4 spot next year.

When Deng was in it was 5 on 4. Randle's overall game sucks. I really thought he would be a lot better this year, but if that's his best effort then there is no chance of improvement there. Ingram...I really hope he just had a tough night!!! Overall I know we are young, but defense,team effort, and rebounding really need to improve.
Originally posted by GameOver:

Luke got to take out Brooke Lopez took 19 shots to pad his stats. The three main players that should be taking a shot is Ingram, Ball, and Kuzma. Those three players are your future. Ball got to be more aggressive I know he wants to get his teammates involve but you gotta take more than 6 shots even if you missed. I only watch some parts of the game there were times he got a free look on the mid range or he got a step on his man he gotta learn how to take some mid range or learn to finish inside or get to the line. Can't be relying on 3's
They looked like they were sleepwalking through the whole game. Ball refused to try and score, Ingram the same, Kuzma never got a decent chance, and randle off the bench didn't work at all. They definitely missed KCP. Just a horrible showing all together.
i like nance y you want to ship him out GO?
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
i like nance y you want to ship him out GO?

Gotta keep Nance. Randle can go, if he keeps that zombie speed!

Man that was a terrible showing on offense. Lakers had 20 TOs, shot 40% overall, 25% 3s, and 60% on FTs. Hopefully that's nerves and they can bounce back, but it was very discouraging.

Ingram needs to get his head out of his ass and just play basketball. He seems so down on himself after every miss. It doesnt look like he has any sweet spots on the court, or go to moves to make his life easier. It just seems like he's out there trying to figure it out as he's going along rather than setting up things that he feels will work for him.

Ow and f**k Beverly. Refs need to do some s**t about this guys antics. He got Westbrook hurt because of it and refs still let him get away with it.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
They looked like they were sleepwalking through the whole game. Ball refused to try and score, Ingram the same, Kuzma never got a decent chance, and randle off the bench didn't work at all. They definitely missed KCP. Just a horrible showing all together.

f**k that was bad, very disappointing performance. They gotta be aggressive, I stopped watching with 4 min left in the 4th, and I saw that we had 11 FTs after 3 and a half QTs...unf**king believable!!

Ingram...he's still too weak, he goes inside and he's on his ass or completely off balance. He was showing a nice mid range game during preseason, he needs to use more of that. Randle needs to start because we don't know how passive Ball / Ingram can be any given night. At least Randle attacks the rim.

More Kuzma as well. We need to see what he has, it felt like he barely got any touches out there.
Originally posted by Arminini:
Man that was a terrible showing on offense. Lakers had 20 TOs, shot 40% overall, 25% 3s, and 60% on FTs. Hopefully that's nerves and they can bounce back, but it was very discouraging.

Ingram needs to get his head out of his ass and just play basketball. He seems so down on himself after every miss. It doesnt look like he has any sweet spots on the court, or go to moves to make his life easier. It just seems like he's out there trying to figure it out as he's going along rather than setting up things that he feels will work for him.

Ow and f**k Beverly. Refs need to do some s**t about this guys antics. He got Westbrook hurt because of it and refs still let him get away with it.

Got not problem with no Beverly plays, wish some our players would show that fire.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Arminini:

Beverly is one intense player. I hate he did it ourteam...but gotta love that game. His team mates were feefding of his intensity!!!
The team looks much better tonight. Shots are dropping all around, although there's not much defense being played.

Kuzma needs more minutes. Jesus, he lights it as soon as he hits the floor tonight.
Share 49ersWebzone