LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 308 users in the forums

2016 - 2017 NBA Discussion Thread

Rumors flying around about Chris Paul being interested in joining the San Antonio Spurs!
Originally posted by kidash98:
Rumors flying around about Chris Paul being interested in joining the San Antonio Spurs!

It would give him a greater chance at winning a championship. So if they could make the numbers work, then adding Paul and forming a big three with Kawhi Leonard and Lamarcus Alridge would be a good move for them. They can have Paul and Green as their starting back court, and potentially Parker and Manu as their rotational back court. In terms of potential what if scenarios I'm pretty sure that adding Chris Paul would be one of the best for them, alongside persuading Parker and Manu to play on for them off the bench.
Originally posted by Mike1989:
Originally posted by kidash98:

It would give him a greater chance at winning a championship. So if they could make the numbers work, then adding Paul and forming a big three with Kawhi Leonard and Lamarcus Alridge would be a good move for them. They can have Paul and Green as their starting back court, and potentially Parker and Manu as their rotational back court. In terms of potential what if scenarios I'm pretty sure that adding Chris Paul would be one of the best for them, alongside persuading Parker and Manu to play on for them off the bench.

It would add another ball control player who can also score rather than everyone standing and watching Leonard do his thing hoping they (Aldridge) do not get the ball.
Originally posted by Arminini:
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
he was a really damn good shooter. he had a interview with Dan Patrick recently where he talked about it. he didn't do it because he felt like the PGs role wasn't to be a scorer. but ya, he could've easily put up 25 ppg if he wanted to.

I'm not so sure about that. Nash could create a 20 ft for himself off a screen, but was never able to create shots off the dribble especially 3s. Curry is unique because he creates shots off the dribble against big guys switching on to him even out to 3 pt range.

Secondly, Curry (and Kyrie) are ridiculously good at finishing around the rim which makes guarding them on the perimeter even more difficult. Nash had a runner in the lane, but wasnt athletic enough to finish consistently. Curry and Kyrie have the Nash runner, the Parker floater, and a bunch of other ways to score in the lane which sets them apart from guys like Nash.

Nash could score 25 but would sacrifice efficiency and assists to get there.

Think you are under rating Nash. He was very good at unorthodox shots and did have some great dribbles to get himself wherever he wanted to go. He simply didn't shoot the ball more than he should have.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
I guess he just doesn't want to be a Celtic

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:

Celtics are very likely to draft Fultz anyway. By not working out for Celtics - he can say they didn't draft him bcoz he didn't work out for them rather than they thought Fultz was better.

Be interesting to see what the kid's attitude would be if the Celtics drafted him over Fultz. Would he play for them? Or would he stomp his feet and try to force a trade elsewhere?
Ball is already burning bridges seems like to me before he even gets in the league. Already has a spoiled entitlement mentality. He's considering a workout with the Sixers but not with the Celtics. So this guy's career really isn't being controlled by his dad? I don't buy that crap.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Ball is already burning bridges seems like to me before he even gets in the league. Already has a spoiled entitlement mentality. He's considering a workout with the Sixers but not with the Celtics. So this guy's career really isn't being controlled by his dad? I don't buy that crap.

I used to think this way but it is a career that you are working hard at. Why wouldn't you want to have a say in where you work? Drew Brees, John Elway, and others have done this. I don't see anything wrong with it. He doesn't seem to have a selfish persona. Consider it as a smart business move.
So im just curious about something. What happened to kobe bryant?

Seems like the last couple weeks all i have heard is about lebron and is he the greatest ever and the comparisons to MJ. No mention at all about kobe. Do we live in such a now society that everyone has forgotten about a player who just retired last year and used to get compared to MJ all the time. Btw im not a kobe fan

Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by ninerjok:

I used to think this way but it is a career that you are working hard at. Why wouldn't you want to have a say in where you work? Drew Brees, John Elway, and others have done this. I don't see anything wrong with it. He doesn't seem to have a selfish persona. Consider it as a smart business move.

But if the celtics draft him anyway

Be interesting to see what the kid's attitude would be if the Celtics drafted him over Fultz. Would he play for them? Or would he stomp his feet and try to force a trade elsewhere?

Celtics should draft him then fleece the lakers
Kantar wanted in Turkey for terrorist affiliations. Lol
Originally posted by teylo31:
So im just curious about something. What happened to kobe bryant?

Seems like the last couple weeks all i have heard is about lebron and is he the greatest ever and the comparisons to MJ. No mention at all about kobe. Do we live in such a now society that everyone has forgotten about a player who just retired last year and used to get compared to MJ all the time. Btw im not a kobe fan

Garbage hot takes by the media. MJ/LBJ garners more attention. MJ is the bonafide goat.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teylo31:

Celtics should draft him then fleece the lakers

I think Lakers will be pretty happy with Fultz.
Share 49ersWebzone