There are 257 users in the forums

2016 - 2017 NBA Discussion Thread

Originally posted by Jiks:
∆∆∆Rudy!!!

Almost got first team!
Originally posted by JustinMT:

I would love to know which idiots didnt put Lebron, Westbrook, or Leonard on their 1st team ballot. They should lose the right to vote
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by JustinMT:

I would love to know which idiots didnt put Lebron, Westbrook, or Leonard on their 1st team ballot. They should lose the right to vote
Agreed, what a jackass. I'm sure it was the same person.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Paul George or George Paul as Skip Bayless calls him missed out on a $30M incentive clause for making the All-NBA team.
Originally posted by FL9er:
Paul George or George Paul as Skip Bayless calls him missed out on a $30M incentive clause for making the All-NBA team.

It's was more than that he lost out on. He could have been eligible for a $200+ million contract, the largest in NBA history, but not now. This almost assures he'll be a Laker after next season, if not before by trade. He wants to go there and it appears Magic wants him.
How about boogie.. he should be up in there somewhere too
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

It's was more than that he lost out on. He could have been eligible for a $200+ million contract, the largest in NBA history, but not now. This almost assures he'll be a Laker after next season, if not before by trade. He wants to go there and it appears Magic wants him.

I'm not sure if this is true but I read that if he makes the All-NBA team next year the Pacers can still sign him to the larger contract.

I think he's going to the Lakers no matter what, though. He's from my hometown of crappy Palmdale so I will always root for the guy.

Imagine Magic drafting Lonzo then trading him to the Pacers. I want to see Lavars reaction I bet it would be priceless. Lol
Man those old sun teams
Originally posted by nothing03:

Imagine Magic drafting Lonzo then trading him to the Pacers. I want to see Lavars reaction I bet it would be priceless. Lol

That would be pretty funny, but why do that if you're the Lakes? No need to give up assets when everybody knows he's gonna walk in free agency next year to you for nothing.

• jrg
  • Veteran
John Hammond

Originally posted by ads_2006:
Man those old sun teams

I personally think Steve Nash could have played closest to Steph Curry's style if Nash went ham on 3-pointers. He was a good shooter but just didn't shoot. Definitely had the ball skills to get close to what Curry can do.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Man those old sun teams

I personally think Steve Nash could have played closest to Steph Curry's style if Nash went ham on 3-pointers. He was a good shooter but just didn't shoot. Definitely had the ball skills to get close to what Curry can do.

he was a really damn good shooter. he had a interview with Dan Patrick recently where he talked about it. he didn't do it because he felt like the PGs role wasn't to be a scorer. but ya, he could've easily put up 25 ppg if he wanted to.
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
he was a really damn good shooter. he had a interview with Dan Patrick recently where he talked about it. he didn't do it because he felt like the PGs role wasn't to be a scorer. but ya, he could've easily put up 25 ppg if he wanted to.

I'm not so sure about that. Nash could create a 20 ft for himself off a screen, but was never able to create shots off the dribble especially 3s. Curry is unique because he creates shots off the dribble against big guys switching on to him even out to 3 pt range.

Secondly, Curry (and Kyrie) are ridiculously good at finishing around the rim which makes guarding them on the perimeter even more difficult. Nash had a runner in the lane, but wasnt athletic enough to finish consistently. Curry and Kyrie have the Nash runner, the Parker floater, and a bunch of other ways to score in the lane which sets them apart from guys like Nash.

Nash could score 25 but would sacrifice efficiency and assists to get there.
Originally posted by jrg:
John Hammond

That's not a bad hire. Asst gm under dumars in Detroit before taking head job with the bucks
Share 49ersWebzone