Originally posted by 4x4niner:Burn it i say!
I bought a Jimmy G jersey, not a Hayne. No way I'm burning that!
There are 685 users in the forums
Originally posted by 4x4niner:Burn it i say!
Originally posted by Zealot:Allegedly assaulting virgins, knocking up girls he just met on social media...
Bit of a root rat, our Jarryd.
Originally posted by Goatie:I never bought his God Botherer Hoopla. Christian my ass.
Originally posted by Niners99:Originally posted by Zealot:Originally posted by Niners99:The biggest embarrassment was him taking that big hit in the preseason, seeing stars, and admitting that it scared him, and he second guessed if he could handle the NFL. The amount of crap talking that all of Australia and NZ did about how the NFL was weak for using pads, and he goes and looks like a weenie representing rugby.
Not all.
Not all, but a decent amount. Or at least a faction of vocal rugby fans online.
Maybe Hayne's report helped clarify the stereotypes about the NFL in that part of the world.
http://www.news.com.au/sport/sports-life/jarryd-hayne-reveals-the-shocking-toll-of-head-injuries-in-the-nfl/news-story/219352951fced06f94f41b5eca1dac11
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
i got a feeling dude is being setup. A lot of thirsty b***hes coming out of the woodwork, trying to remember if they've f**ked anyone remotely famous in the past few years that they can get some money out of.
Originally posted by Zealot:I'm not interested in reigniting any Rugby v NFL pissing contests, but I will say I think the wearing of helmets in the NFL encourages the frequent use of the head in tackles/contact. You don't get deliberate use of the unhelmeted head in Rugby League or Rugby Union for very obvious reasons. Despite this, there's still plenty of knock outs and concussions in Rugby but they're usually the result of accidental head high contact or illegal tackles rather than deliberate use of the head. I think Hayne's comments about the heavy hits refer more to how much the head is involved in the NFL compared to the two Rugby codes, something he obviously wouldn't have experienced prior to playing in the NFL.
Originally posted by Zealot:I'm not interested in reigniting any Rugby v NFL pissing contests, but I will say I think the wearing of helmets in the NFL encourages the frequent use of the head in tackles/contact. You don't get deliberate use of the unhelmeted head in Rugby League or Rugby Union for very obvious reasons. Despite this, there's still plenty of knock outs and concussions in Rugby but they're usually the result of accidental head high contact or illegal tackles rather than deliberate use of the head. I think Hayne's comments about the heavy hits refer more to how much the head is involved in the NFL compared to the two Rugby codes, something he obviously wouldn't have experienced prior to playing in the NFL.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:Rugby is mainly lateral tackles and hits, getting pulled down from the side or from behind, etc. with the occasional head-on collision (defenders are almost never so out of position by not following the ball/ball carrier that this rarely occurs, where a defender has to get a full running start and attempt to "truck" a carrier dead in his tracks)
Only really purposely designed, direct, head-on contact I can think of occurs in scrums
Originally posted by TonyStarks:Jimmy G would've made Hayne a pro bowler.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:Originally posted by TonyStarks:Jimmy G would've made Hayne a pro bowler.
Ausies don't even like bowling