There are 303 users in the forums

Big Bash starts tonight

Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
you are also forgetting these brilliant threads

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/other-sports/183670-marble-thread/search=FAS33
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/other-sports/183553-aussie-punters/search=FAS33
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/other-sports/183454-v8-supercars/search=FAS33
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/other-sports/183453-nascar/search=FAS33

Well i think that guy got banned??? Because he hasnt been around for awhile so no special treatmeant( yes i found him annoying but i ignored it)... same again really all different sports or sport related ( hmmm not sure if marbles is a sport but thread seem to bring back childhood memories to some and was a good laugh)

Now back on topic.... (oh im Australian and im not a huge fan of cricket)
  • 4x9er
  • Veteran
Yous couldve just continued the first cricket thread!
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Do you Aussies just make threads for every thought you have?

Quit being a dick about it. Don't click the thread if you don't like it.

Not trying to be a dick at all. Just a question. Do we really need 86 rugby threads? Any other user does this and they're warned. Just seems like a new thread is made for every thought. Haha.

It's about cricket. Read past the first sentence. Jesus man.

No s**t. I'm using rugby as an example because that's the one that is usually having tons and tons of threads. Give it some time and there will be more and more cricket threads too.

Then don't click them. It's like you have to post in every single one how upset it makes you. Don't click. It's easy.

Crikey!

i think the issue is that they get a free pass for starting multiple threads, or threads that have vague topics followed by a vague explanation. see 99% of the threads they started. i guarantee if you start a Kobe Retirement thread, it would get locked and mods will tell me to go talk about in the Lakers thread.

but then again, i haven't brought webbie all this new traffic like the aussies have. so i can see why they get a free pass on s**t.

Boom goes the dynamite.

• 220s
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 4x9er:
Yous couldve just continued the first cricket thread!

Could have but like I pointed out previously it would be like post about lingerie football in a NFL thread.

Scorchers and Heat start in 2 hrs.
  • 220s
  • Veteran
Heat got smashed, Freddy was in good form in the commentary box but at 0-3 the heat could use him on the field.
  • 220s
  • Veteran
My beloved thunder got another win the other night 3-0 for the season, what a turn around in 12 months the franchise has never won 3 games in a season previously let alone 3 in a row. Might be hope for the 49ers next year yet.
  • 220s
  • Veteran
Been a bit quite since Thunder lost their last 4 in a row.
A win Sat could still see them scrape into the finals.
  • 220s
  • Veteran
Got hold of tickets for the Sydney smash tonight, 400km drive this morning and again tomorrow, hope they put on a good show.
A win will still see the thunder with a very good chance of making the finals.

Go Thunder
  • 220s
  • Veteran
Well made it to the match and back safe and sound, Thunder won convincingly, seats were great for a last minute pickup.The game was officially a sell out but there were a few empty seats, crowd was given as a bit over 40,000.

We find out tonight if they have made the finals.
Renegades & Strikers play tonight, Renegades need to win by 38 runs if they bat first or with 27 balls remaining if batting second to give them a better net run rate then the Thunder. A loss or a win by less for the Renegades will see the Thunder playing in their first finals appearance.
[ Edited by 220s on Jan 17, 2016 at 11:21 PM ]
  • 220s
  • Veteran

Thunder are into the final.

5th season of BBL and their previous best was a 2 6 last season and a second last finish in the regular season.
The first 3 seasons they finished 2 6 and last 0 8 last and 1 7 and last.

Crowds are way way down compared to 10 to 20yrs ago whats happening?!? Oh yeah playstation, xbox, ufc, basketball, spongebob, cable, u tube, internet, music, on line forums....oh s**t...yeah cant be bothered anymore....now that just aint good enough!
  • 220s
  • Veteran
You must be talking international one day games.
T20 has only been going around 10 years and the BBL in its current format 5 years. No problem at all with attendances in fact they have been setting records for crowds. The thunder v sixers match we went to was a record crowd for any domestic cricket match in NSW, The match tonight will push the attendance figures past 1 million for the season.
I can tell you exactly why, cost, for me to take the family to a international match will set us back at least $400 in tickets, we can go to a BBL match for as little as $50.
Not hard to see why people are voting with their feet and wallets when the standard of play is as good or better than many international matches.
Take the Thunder, Kallis, Watson, Khawaja, Hussey, Russell, you will struggle to find a better top 5 batting line up in any team in the world international or domestic.
  • 220s
  • Veteran
Just over 12 hrs to the start of the BBL15/16 final, working this morning or I would make the trip to attend.
Will be interesting to see what the attendance figures are given the Aus Open tennis is on next door and the location was only decided when the Stars won Friday night. Close enough to a 2000km trip for any hometown Thunder supporters and only 24hrs to make accommodation and trip arrangements. At least with a stadium capacity of 100,000 walk up tickets shouldn't be a problem.

Interestingly the captains of the Thunder and Stars are brothers. Plenty of brothers who have played together or on opposing teams in professional sport in Aus but 1st time I can recall brothers captaining opposing teams in the final of a major sport.
Does this happen in US sport? are there many cases of brothers making it to the big time?
  • 220s
  • Veteran

Thunder are the champions

Last, last, last and second last for the previous 4 seasons to champions is certainly a turn around.
congrats bro
Share 49ersWebzone