There are 105 users in the forums

Big Bash starts tonight

• 220s
  • Veteran

Thunder won

Great start to the season, 1st time they have beaten their cross town rivals and breaks a 6 match loosing streak going back to last season.
Might be time for niner fans to get on board, this season might be the one the thunder finally finish better than 2nd last.

http://www.cricket.com.au/video/sydney-thunder-beat-sydney-sixers-sydney-smash-bbl05-derby-hussey-watson-russell-lumb-catch/2015-12-18
[ Edited by 220s on Dec 17, 2015 at 12:51 PM ]
  • 220s
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:
No worries. I look forward to the next thread a new cricket/rugby thought occurs.

You should get your wish, T20 cricket world cup starts March should be good for a few threads
ESPN3 are broadcasting selected matches in the USA, Can and USA failed to qualify, Netherlands, Ireland, Oman, Scotland, Hong Kong and Afghanistan have qualified along with the 10 major cricket nations.

If cricket is ever to make a serious comeback in the US T20 is what it will be, ready made for TV with a game only lasting 3 hours, its all about having fun and entertainment, player miked up on the field and talking to commentators during play, cameras in helmets, players playing to win but also aware they need to entertain the crowd at the same time.
Can't believe the Brisbane Heat have resumed their woeful form from BBL4. Last year that make big competitive totals but were unable to defend them. Okay today's total wasn't massive, but they fell way short of being competitive.

On a different note. Great to see the women's bbl get off the ground. At least the Heat won that fixture.
I'll be watching, makes those miserable dark mornings a little more enjoyable here in old blighty. My own Lancashire won the English equivalent in 2015.
  • 220s
  • Veteran
9 hrs of the Big Bash to watch today, kicking off with WBBL followed by 6ers Vs Hurricanes then Stars Vs Thunder.

Thunder are chasing a franchise equalling winning streak tonight of 2 games last time they won 2 in a row it lead to a loosing streak that stretched across 3 seasons.

Beginners guide to BBL cricket
http://www.bigbash.com.au/the-bbl/how-the-game-works
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Do you Aussies just make threads for every thought you have?

Quit being a dick about it. Don't click the thread if you don't like it.

Not trying to be a dick at all. Just a question. Do we really need 86 rugby threads? Any other user does this and they're warned. Just seems like a new thread is made for every thought. Haha.

It's about cricket. Read past the first sentence. Jesus man.

No s**t. I'm using rugby as an example because that's the one that is usually having tons and tons of threads. Give it some time and there will be more and more cricket threads too.

Then don't click them. It's like you have to post in every single one how upset it makes you. Don't click. It's easy.

Crikey!

i think the issue is that they get a free pass for starting multiple threads, or threads that have vague topics followed by a vague explanation. see 99% of the threads they started. i guarantee if you start a Kobe Retirement thread, it would get locked and mods will tell me to go talk about in the Lakers thread.

but then again, i haven't brought webbie all this new traffic like the aussies have. so i can see why they get a free pass on s**t.
Originally posted by redrose49er:
I'll be watching, makes those miserable dark mornings a little more enjoyable here in old blighty. My own Lancashire won the English equivalent in 2015.

Do you any particular team(s) that you like to follow. For me it's the Heat (home state) and Thunder (players).
  • 220s
  • Veteran
Good score posted by the sixer's although the Hurricane's usually chase well.

Originally posted by Strine49:
Do you any particular team(s) that you like to follow. For me it's the Heat (home state) and Thunder (players).
Got me stuffed how the Thunder won their first 2 games in BBL01 and then went winless until almost the end of BBL03 given the playing roster they have had.
Im a sucker for the underdog was split over which Sydney team to support, the loosing streak got me on board, then again I do follow the niners and eels
Originally posted by Strine49:

Don't follow a team, just Freddie's commentary!

• 220s
  • Veteran
Originally posted by redrose49er:
Don't follow a team, just Freddie's commentary!

Freddie's commentary is brilliant
  • 220s
  • Veteran
Another win for the thunder franchise record equalling winning streak of 2

Great game came down to the stars needing 4 runs off the last ball to win and getting 2 so a 1 run victory to the thunder 6/178 v's 5/177
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
Do you Aussies just make threads for every thought you have?

Quit being a dick about it. Don't click the thread if you don't like it.

Not trying to be a dick at all. Just a question. Do we really need 86 rugby threads? Any other user does this and they're warned. Just seems like a new thread is made for every thought. Haha.

It's about cricket. Read past the first sentence. Jesus man.

No s**t. I'm using rugby as an example because that's the one that is usually having tons and tons of threads. Give it some time and there will be more and more cricket threads too.

Then don't click them. It's like you have to post in every single one how upset it makes you. Don't click. It's easy.

Crikey!

i think the issue is that they get a free pass for starting multiple threads, or threads that have vague topics followed by a vague explanation. see 99% of the threads they started. i guarantee if you start a Kobe Retirement thread, it would get locked and mods will tell me to go talk about in the Lakers thread.

but then again, i haven't brought webbie all this new traffic like the aussies have. so i can see why they get a free pass on s**t.

Seriously what a load of rubbish this is the "other sport thread" .... few topics that have been started by aussies so far..

Surfing
F1
Rugby league
Rugby union
Cricket thread
T20 big bash( it is cricket but a different competion)
Which other rugby league/rugby players could make it in the nfl ( same could be applied to what baseball or cricket players making the same transition between the two sports consider they both play with a bat and ball...
Has far as i can see these are all "different" sports just because they are aussie posters doesnt mean its another rugby/ rugby league ( two different sports btw)

Just so you know the population of the USA 330 million the rest of the world is like 6 billion there are "other sports" played thru out the world besides nfl ( football), basketball and baseball... ohh just because "they" are aussie means they get special treatment.... maybe you should make a suggestion to the webmaster to change sub forum name to "american other sports only" would that be better???
Originally posted by aussiepeter:
Seriously what a load of rubbish this is the "other sport thread" .... few topics that have been started by aussies so far..

Surfing
F1
Rugby league
Rugby union
Cricket thread
T20 big bash( it is cricket but a different competion)
Which other rugby league/rugby players could make it in the nfl ( same could be applied to what baseball or cricket players making the same transition between the two sports consider they both play with a bat and ball...
Has far as i can see these are all "different" sports just because they are aussie posters doesnt mean its another rugby/ rugby league ( two different sports btw)

Just so you know the population of the USA 330 million the rest of the world is like 6 billion there are "other sports" played thru out the world besides nfl ( football), basketball and baseball... ohh just because "they" are aussie means they get special treatment.... maybe you should make a suggestion to the webmaster to change sub forum name to "american other sports only" would that be better???

you are also forgetting these brilliant threads

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/other-sports/183670-marble-thread/search=FAS33
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/other-sports/183553-aussie-punters/search=FAS33
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/other-sports/183454-v8-supercars/search=FAS33
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/other-sports/183453-nascar/search=FAS33
  • 220s
  • Veteran
I sort of get where this animosity to Aussies is coming from.
A few of the locals are obviously upset at the invasion and the absolute dribble that gets posted in the Hayne thread/s doesn't help, seems we have been cut a bit more slack than the locals are used to getting and some Aussies have decided to take advantage of the situation, with the dribble posted. The locals are pissed and taking a swing at who ever they can.
If the mods feel this thread is to similar to the general cricket thread or any threads are similar enough then I have no trouble with them merging them.

I guess when you have zero interest in a sport and limited knowledge then trying to understand why more than one thread is justified is hard to grasp.
Cricket is a perfect example most wouldn't realise putting T20 cricket into a general cricket thread would be like talking about Lingerie football in a NFL thread.

I hope they let this thread run, who knows we might educate a few of the locals about cricket and pick up a few fans along the way.

Im still excited about the Thunder starting the season with back to back wins, after all even the niners record for this season is better than any in the thunders short history, maybe if the niners can string a few wins together the mood around here will improve.

http://www.bigbash.com.au/video/optus-extended-highlights-melbourne-stars-sydney-thunder-big-bash-league-bbl05/2015-12-20
Share 49erswebzone