LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 259 users in the forums

Big Bash starts tonight

• 220s
  • Veteran
The Aussie domestic T20 competition kicks off tonight, that is cricket for the uneducated

For those with no interest in cricket this is a bit different to what you might have seen previously, a 5 day game condensed into 3hrs should be worth finding a live stream if you can.
Bit of a push to get 20/20 cricket going seriously in the USA, surprisingly or unsurprisingly depending on how you look at it the USA actually has the second highest number of cricket fans in the world behind India.

Sydney Sixer's Vs Sydney Thunder to kick off the season tonight,
Thunder are the team for 49ers fans to support, coming off a 2 and 6 season. Last year was a good result considering they had a loosing streak that stretched from 2012-2014, 9ers fans should feel right at home supporting them.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Do you Aussies just make threads for every thought you have?
  • 220s
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:

What a world class sporting event doesn't deserve a thread simply because its not US based?

Like I said the USA has the second biggest cricket fan base behind India in the world but they struggle to get coverage of it.
Tonight's match along with the rest of the tournament will be shown live into NZ, UK, Ind, Pak, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Can and USA.

Do you realise the highest earning cricketer is on what would be considered good money for any sports professional in the USA, a reported US$35million a year and that if you base popularity on the number of TV viewers cricket is the 2nd most popular sport in the world behind soccer.
[ Edited by 220s on Dec 16, 2015 at 1:23 PM ]

Quit being a dick about it. Don't click the thread if you don't like it.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Not trying to be a dick at all. Just a question. Do we really need 86 rugby threads? Any other user does this and they're warned. Just seems like a new thread is made for every thought. I'm not the only one who has mentioned this. Haha.
[ Edited by jrg on Dec 16, 2015 at 4:41 PM ]

Not trying to be a dick at all. Just a question. Do we really need 86 rugby threads? Any other user does this and they're warned. Just seems like a new thread is made for every thought. Haha.

It's about cricket. Read past the first sentence. Jesus man.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Not trying to be a dick at all. Just a question. Do we really need 86 rugby threads? Any other user does this and they're warned. Just seems like a new thread is made for every thought. Haha.

No s**t. I'm using rugby as an example because that's the one that is usually having tons and tons of threads. Give it some time and there will be more and more cricket threads too.

No s**t. I'm using rugby as an example because that's the one that is usually having tons and tons of threads. Give it some time and there will be more and more cricket threads too.

Then don't click them. It's like you have to post in every single one how upset it makes you. Don't click. It's easy.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Then don't click them. It's like you have to post in every single one how upset it makes you. Don't click. It's easy.

Crikey!
So much Aussie so much cricket so much threads wow 10/10 IGN

Nope. Now it's about jrg.
  • 220s
  • Veteran

Sorry, my bad I thought "Other Sports" was the appropriate place for a thread about one of the premier T20 cricket competitions, obviously not.
Maybe you should get onto the mods about the dozen NBL and baseball threads on the first page of other sports obviously we only need one on every sport.

I cant see a problem with any thread provided it is posted in the appropriate place, if it doesn't interest you don't open it.

A bit of American cricket history, its generally agreed by sports historians that cricket, besides the Native American sport lacrosse, was both the first organized team sport and the first major team sport in the United States
There are archives dated back from 1709 of cricket played in America. A New York newspaper from 1739 contains an advertisement for cricket players and the first documented competition occurred in 1751 in Manhattan. Cricket received a significant amount of media coverage at the time. The sport was played in approximately 125 cities in 22 states. Roughly 500 officially established clubs existed and it is probable that in 1860 there were 10,000 boys and men in America who had actively played the sport for at least a season.
The United States and Canada participated in one of the first international cricket matches on record in 1844 in Bloomingdale Park in Manhattan.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
No worries. I look forward to the next thread a new cricket/rugby thought occurs.
maybe we can get a thread on a hybrid game of football between American NFL & Australian NRL, now that should start a good old s**t fight, LOL
No worries. I look forward to the next thread a new cricket/rugby thought occurs.

whats your deal
Share 49ersWebzone