There are 94 users in the forums

Fan asks John York: When are you getting Harbaugh back?

Originally posted by 190836:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Lol f**king pins.

What a dingus.

He's been doing it for years. He walks around the stadium looking stupid and hands out those cheap sh**y pins.

Meanwhile, in Oracle, fans get bobble heads at pre season games and replica championship rings.

We get towels and pins.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
It's an irrelevant question...Harbaugh's never coming back. If you look at his entire coaching experience, he hasn't stayed anywhere for more than 4 years. If you look at his 2014 season, he struggled to finish 8-8. That's with a roster most NFL teams would die for...that's with a multi-million dollar coaching staff. It's time to move on...Tomsula may or may not be a good head coach. It's totally unfair to compare him to Harbaugh...give him a similar roster then we might have an equitable argument about who should lead the team. It's also unlikely the Yorks are going to sell the team...like it or not, they're the owners. It's really about the authoriity they've truly given Jed and Baalke to run the team. Just look at the roster now as opposed to a year ago...it's night and day. Retirements, planned and unplanned, FA, and injuries have depleted this team. Continued regression of Kap has also been a key factor. It's pointless to rant about the Yorks...they likely not going anywhere. Put your energy into revamping the team for 2016. What moves should Baalke make? The first IMHO is to continue to stockpile draft picks. With the team likely picking in the top 10, Baalke can really get a bumper crop of picks. Trade Kap while he can still bring a decent pick. Re-sign Gabbert to a salary worthy of a starting QB. Re-sign Boone...he's the best OL we have now. Staley's showing signs of wear...AD's retired, and there's no guarantee he'll play in 2016. Invest heavily in the OL...OT first, then OG/C. Draft at least one bonafide stud DL. We have no stars there any more. Sign a vet FA who can help lead the youngsters. Invest in RB's...they need more than Hyde. Bush likely won't be back. Keep Draughn. Acquire more WR's who can catch the ball, break tackles and when they get behind the defense, take it to the house. Acquire a vet TE...again, to lead the youngsters. Get some pass rushers...draft a stud ILB. All of these are team needs...and things we fans can talk about that are positive. Why dwell on the negative? It gets you nowhere.

Where have you been? Great post!

I see the boys quickly tried to bury it. Lol
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 14, 2015 at 7:06 PM ]
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
It's an irrelevant question...Harbaugh's never coming back. If you look at his entire coaching experience, he hasn't stayed anywhere for more than 4 years. If you look at his 2014 season, he struggled to finish 8-8. That's with a roster most NFL teams would die for...that's with a multi-million dollar coaching staff. It's time to move on...Tomsula may or may not be a good head coach. It's totally unfair to compare him to Harbaugh...give him a similar roster then we might have an equitable argument about who should lead the team. It's also unlikely the Yorks are going to sell the team...like it or not, they're the owners. It's really about the authoriity they've truly given Jed and Baalke to run the team. Just look at the roster now as opposed to a year ago...it's night and day. Retirements, planned and unplanned, FA, and injuries have depleted this team. Continued regression of Kap has also been a key factor. It's pointless to rant about the Yorks...they likely not going anywhere. Put your energy into revamping the team for 2016. What moves should Baalke make? The first IMHO is to continue to stockpile draft picks. With the team likely picking in the top 10, Baalke can really get a bumper crop of picks. Trade Kap while he can still bring a decent pick. Re-sign Gabbert to a salary worthy of a starting QB. Re-sign Boone...he's the best OL we have now. Staley's showing signs of wear...AD's retired, and there's no guarantee he'll play in 2016. Invest heavily in the OL...OT first, then OG/C. Draft at least one bonafide stud DL. We have no stars there any more. Sign a vet FA who can help lead the youngsters. Invest in RB's...they need more than Hyde. Bush likely won't be back. Keep Draughn. Acquire more WR's who can catch the ball, break tackles and when they get behind the defense, take it to the house. Acquire a vet TE...again, to lead the youngsters. Get some pass rushers...draft a stud ILB. All of these are team needs...and things we fans can talk about that are positive. Why dwell on the negative? It gets you nowhere.

I think the majority of fans simply can't move on from the negatives because the current coaching staff and front office leave them with no hope for the near future. It is impossible to accept the thought of a repeat of this mess in 2016 and they simply can't get past that until drastic changes are made.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
It's an irrelevant question...Harbaugh's never coming back. If you look at his entire coaching experience, he hasn't stayed anywhere for more than 4 years. If you look at his 2014 season, he struggled to finish 8-8. That's with a roster most NFL teams would die for...that's with a multi-million dollar coaching staff. It's time to move on...Tomsula may or may not be a good head coach. It's totally unfair to compare him to Harbaugh...give him a similar roster then we might have an equitable argument about who should lead the team. It's also unlikely the Yorks are going to sell the team...like it or not, they're the owners. It's really about the authoriity they've truly given Jed and Baalke to run the team. Just look at the roster now as opposed to a year ago...it's night and day. Retirements, planned and unplanned, FA, and injuries have depleted this team. Continued regression of Kap has also been a key factor. It's pointless to rant about the Yorks...they likely not going anywhere. Put your energy into revamping the team for 2016. What moves should Baalke make? The first IMHO is to continue to stockpile draft picks. With the team likely picking in the top 10, Baalke can really get a bumper crop of picks. Trade Kap while he can still bring a decent pick. Re-sign Gabbert to a salary worthy of a starting QB. Re-sign Boone...he's the best OL we have now. Staley's showing signs of wear...AD's retired, and there's no guarantee he'll play in 2016. Invest heavily in the OL...OT first, then OG/C. Draft at least one bonafide stud DL. We have no stars there any more. Sign a vet FA who can help lead the youngsters. Invest in RB's...they need more than Hyde. Bush likely won't be back. Keep Draughn. Acquire more WR's who can catch the ball, break tackles and when they get behind the defense, take it to the house. Acquire a vet TE...again, to lead the youngsters. Get some pass rushers...draft a stud ILB. All of these are team needs...and things we fans can talk about that are positive. Why dwell on the negative? It gets you nowhere.

What has Tomsula done well this year?
I can rant about how the Yorks have the organization structured and make suggestions for change. I think the structure and culture of the team need fixing and they should start by hiring someone to be in charge of all football operations.
Originally posted by PowderdToastMn:
This is also why I don't think Jed is running the show. He's just the face so that John York doesn't have to be. Either way, I have no faith in these clowns.

I said this in the game day thread, but I'll say it again. This team has become like having a child who was once an honor student, come down w an addiction problem.

The ownership has taken a proud franchise and turned them to a laughing stock. It's just disappointing that there's no end in sight.


John York isn't running the show either.


http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/Disappointed-DeBartolo-York-hints-that-change-is-3234492.php




Don't think for a second that Denise lets the pecking order get confused, she's still the one who came in from big money, the team was still her family's property. Jed and John have about as much say in things as she allows.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
It's an irrelevant question...Harbaugh's never coming back. If you look at his entire coaching experience, he hasn't stayed anywhere for more than 4 years. If you look at his 2014 season, he struggled to finish 8-8. That's with a roster most NFL teams would die for...that's with a multi-million dollar coaching staff. It's time to move on...Tomsula may or may not be a good head coach. It's totally unfair to compare him to Harbaugh...give him a similar roster then we might have an equitable argument about who should lead the team. It's also unlikely the Yorks are going to sell the team...like it or not, they're the owners. It's really about the authoriity they've truly given Jed and Baalke to run the team. Just look at the roster now as opposed to a year ago...it's night and day. Retirements, planned and unplanned, FA, and injuries have depleted this team. Continued regression of Kap has also been a key factor. It's pointless to rant about the Yorks...they likely not going anywhere. Put your energy into revamping the team for 2016. What moves should Baalke make? The first IMHO is to continue to stockpile draft picks. With the team likely picking in the top 10, Baalke can really get a bumper crop of picks. Trade Kap while he can still bring a decent pick. Re-sign Gabbert to a salary worthy of a starting QB. Re-sign Boone...he's the best OL we have now. Staley's showing signs of wear...AD's retired, and there's no guarantee he'll play in 2016. Invest heavily in the OL...OT first, then OG/C. Draft at least one bonafide stud DL. We have no stars there any more. Sign a vet FA who can help lead the youngsters. Invest in RB's...they need more than Hyde. Bush likely won't be back. Keep Draughn. Acquire more WR's who can catch the ball, break tackles and when they get behind the defense, take it to the house. Acquire a vet TE...again, to lead the youngsters. Get some pass rushers...draft a stud ILB. All of these are team needs...and things we fans can talk about that are positive. Why dwell on the negative? It gets you nowhere.

Harbaugh lost Willis, Aldon, AD, Kilgore for big parts of last year. Didn't have any Bowman. He had the same issues but still he had the team competing. Just a much better coach.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Harbaugh lost Willis, Aldon, AD, Kilgore for big parts of last year. Didn't have any Bowman. He had the same issues but still he had the team competing. Just a much better coach.

He didn't have them competing during the 4 game losing streak when the whole season was on the line. Oh, the harbaugh fanboys are so funny.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Meanwhile, in Oracle, fans get bobble heads at pre season games and replica championship rings.

We get towels and pins.

and replica trophies. I was still amazed that they gave away bobbleheads at a PRESEASON GAME! Warriors fans take care of their season ticket holders. Took the family to a movie night in emeryville with free popcorn, drinks, and movie obviously; food truck night with all the players and free food, beer and wine; multiple charity events where season ticket holders participate right with the players; regular "chalk talks" after the games to ask questions with the players; $25 gift card during the holidays for warriors gear... and on and on....

And those rings are sweet too! not some cheapy plastic thing out of a cracker jack box

O and t-shirts! I have about 25 warriors t-shirts and I have only been a season ticket holder for 4 years!
[ Edited by SJniner7 on Dec 14, 2015 at 9:33 PM ]
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Harbaugh lost Willis, Aldon, AD, Kilgore for big parts of last year. Didn't have any Bowman. He had the same issues but still he had the team competing. Just a much better coach.

He didn't have them competing during the 4 game losing streak when the whole season was on the line. Oh, the harbaugh fanboys are so funny.

They never looked as bad as we did vs. Cleveland. When were we ever 32nd in almost every statistical catagory on offense.

People in denial crack me up.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Harbaugh lost Willis, Aldon, AD, Kilgore for big parts of last year. Didn't have any Bowman. He had the same issues but still he had the team competing. Just a much better coach.

He didn't have them competing during the 4 game losing streak when the whole season was on the line. Oh, the harbaugh fanboys are so funny.

They never looked as bad as we did vs. Cleveland. When were we ever 32nd in almost every statistical catagory on offense.

People in denial crack me up.

We were at the bottom of every offensive stat other than rushing his whole tenure. I'm not in denial about anything. I wanted harbaugh to stay and wish he was still our coach, but pretending that we were something that we weren't is just comical.


And we never looked as bad as we did against cleveland under harbaugh? The most recent games against seattle when they were embarrassing our asses must have been trauma-deleted from your brain.

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Harbaugh lost Willis, Aldon, AD, Kilgore for big parts of last year. Didn't have any Bowman. He had the same issues but still he had the team competing. Just a much better coach.

He didn't have them competing during the 4 game losing streak when the whole season was on the line. Oh, the harbaugh fanboys are so funny.

They never looked as bad as we did vs. Cleveland. When were we ever 32nd in almost every statistical catagory on offense.

People in denial crack me up.

We were at the bottom of every offensive stat other than rushing his whole tenure. I'm not in denial about anything. I wanted harbaugh to stay and wish he was still our coach, but pretending that we were something that we weren't is just comical.


And we never looked as bad as we did against cleveland under harbaugh? The most recent games against seattle when they were embarrassing our asses must have been trauma-deleted from your brain.

It's fair to say Harbaugh was disrespected for 2 years and was forced out by this FO and ownership. Don't blame him for leaving this was not a good working environment and still went 8-8 by far making him look like the great coach he is at Michigan. Harbaugh will be back in the NFL in the future and likely to stick the fork at York.
I got one of those pins. I thought it was nice. I've been attending Seahawks games for years. I've never seen Paul Allen on the sidelines. He's in the middle of the field. I'd trade in the pin for a super bowl, but I won't trash him for tossing little gifts to the fans.
  • mr_P
  • Member
  • Posts: 214
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
John York isn't running the show either.


http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/Disappointed-DeBartolo-York-hints-that-change-is-3234492.php



Don't think for a second that Denise lets the pecking order get confused, she's still the one who came in from big money, the team was still her family's property. Jed and John have about as much say in things as she allows.


Omg that article is terrifying. You can take out nolans name and insert tomsulas for your answer if your wondering how they feel about this season.
I thought Harbaugh had issues but it's hardly the same. Seattle was a dominant squad. Cleveland is god awful.

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
We were at the bottom of every offensive stat other than rushing his whole tenure. I'm not in denial about anything. I wanted harbaugh to stay and wish he was still our coach, but pretending that we were something that we weren't is just comical.


And we never looked as bad as we did against cleveland under harbaugh? The most recent games against seattle when they were embarrassing our asses must have been trauma-deleted from your brain.
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Meanwhile, in Oracle, fans get bobble heads at pre season games and replica championship rings.

We get towels and pins.

and replica trophies. I was still amazed that they gave away bobbleheads at a PRESEASON GAME! Warriors fans take care of their season ticket holders. Took the family to a movie night in emeryville with free popcorn, drinks, and movie obviously; food truck night with all the players and free food, beer and wine; multiple charity events where season ticket holders participate right with the players; regular "chalk talks" after the games to ask questions with the players; $25 gift card during the holidays for warriors gear... and on and on....

And those rings are sweet too! not some cheapy plastic thing out of a cracker jack box

O and t-shirts! I have about 25 warriors t-shirts and I have only been a season ticket holder for 4 years!

Wow, that is pretty sweet.
Share 49erswebzone