There are 179 users in the forums

Fan asks John York: When are you getting Harbaugh back?

Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
He didn't have them competing during the 4 game losing streak when the whole season was on the line. Oh, the harbaugh fanboys are so funny.

Harbaugh was a good college coach, but he was just mediocre in the pros. He was inflexible and bullheaded about changing his offense so it would function once the NFL figured his offense out. I knew it was taking a step back firing him, but I also know you have to do that sometimes to get better in the long run. Any decent coach could and should've won with the roster we had. It's gonna be a rebuild now, hopefully the team focuses on building the lines up first, we need to do it right, fix it from the trenches out.

This. Many of these Jim apologists are so young, he's the ONLY winning HC they ever saw here (sadly). They have no reference point. Jim was a good HC but unfortunately, his act is not sustainable in the NFL and that is why so many college HC's are fired and go back to college (looking at you next Chip!). You have to be able to develop a pro-style offense and adapt. Neither of which Jim could do. He had one formula for winning (Bo Schemblacher). How much talent did we have? In Jim's first year, he was locked out. Had no contact with the team. Camp Alex happened and we STILL went to an NFCCG where once again, a Jim-lead team loses the big game. Coaching/scheme is that difference in big games often when two equally talented teams meet.

I remember Walsh and Seifert. I remember the organization getting rid of Seifert because we were better than everybody but Green Bay. Kind of like when they got rid of Harbaugh because we couldn't beat Seattle. I remember our quick 20 year rebuild after our 95 Superbowl that ended when Jim Harbaugh lucked into taking over the team just as they were about to go to 3 NFC championships and a Superbowl. Lucky Jim. Lucky everywhere he goes.
[ Edited by BillRing49 on Dec 15, 2015 at 7:20 AM ]
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
He didn't have them competing during the 4 game losing streak when the whole season was on the line. Oh, the harbaugh fanboys are so funny.

Harbaugh was a good college coach, but he was just mediocre in the pros. He was inflexible and bullheaded about changing his offense so it would function once the NFL figured his offense out. I knew it was taking a step back firing him, but I also know you have to do that sometimes to get better in the long run. Any decent coach could and should've won with the roster we had. It's gonna be a rebuild now, hopefully the team focuses on building the lines up first, we need to do it right, fix it from the trenches out.

This. Many of these Jim apologists are so young, he's the ONLY winning HC they ever saw here (sadly). They have no reference point. Jim was a good HC but unfortunately, his act is not sustainable in the NFL and that is why so many college HC's are fired and go back to college (looking at you next Chip!). You have to be able to develop a pro-style offense and adapt. Neither of which Jim could do. He had one formula for winning (Bo Schemblacher). How much talent did we have? In Jim's first year, he was locked out. Had no contact with the team. Camp Alex happened and we STILL went to an NFCCG where once again, a Jim-lead team loses the big game. Coaching/scheme is that difference in big games often when two equally talented teams meet.

Most of what you just typed is not even close to being fact. Just your way of placing the blame on the head coach. In reality the team was a few close games away from a playoff spot last year. One could argue Kaps turnovers in two games cost the team a playoff spot.

Players make plays. Turnovers are what lost us games. Not good coaches being fired up on the sidlines.
Originally posted by Godfather:
Most of what you just typed is not even close to being fact. Just your way of placing the blame on the head coach. In reality the team was a few close games away from a playoff spot last year. One could argue Kaps turnovers in two games cost the team a playoff spot.

Players make plays. Turnovers are what lost us games. Not good coaches being fired up on the sidlines.

Homers don't let little things like facts get in the way of their arguments. Just tell them 44-19-1.
Originally posted by BillRing49:
I remember Walsh and Seifert. I remember the organization getting rid of Seifert because we were better than everybody but Green Bay. Kind of like when they got rid of Harbaugh because we couldn't beat Seattle. I remember our quick 20 year rebuild after our 95 Superbowl that ended when Jim Harbaugh lucked into taking over the team just as they were about to go to 3 NFC championships and a Superbowl. Lucky Jim. Lucky everywhere he goes.

Look at Jim now in Michigan. Is that his roster he put together? Give it a year or two when it's really his team. In SF he had Fangio manage a top 5 defense no matter how many critical injuries we had for 4 straight years. Take Fangio out (put Mangini in) and tell me about how long Harbaugh stays in the NFL. Credit to him for finding Fangio and turning it 100% over to him to run but let's not act like he was revolutionizing modern day offenses here and out-scheming the opposition. The dude had 14 offensive coaches and still couldn't put together a competent offense with HIS hand-picked college QB...a QB we just benched and are about to get rid of to another college HC (Chip Kelly...if he's still there).

That said, Jim is THE perfect raw-raw college coach. I actually think he'll continue to recruit very well there and keep a good program for a few years but he'll never win the big one.
Originally posted by GMniner805:

Homers don't let little things like facts get in the way of their arguments. Just tell them 44-19-1.

And if he stayed here. What would his record be? LOL.

5 wins? 6? Maybe 7 at best. Now add two more years during that rebuild and count up that record then.

No, calling 3 straight fades to Crabtree are what lost you a Superbowl (and a NFCCG - never learns). As is having a horrendous offensive system that forces your HC to call a TO on the one play Roman ran that had a legit chance to score a TD and win a Championship. Or not having the thought/insight of adding a pressure-beater knowing full-well the Ravens are bringing a 0 blitz every down. Or having a concussed Kyle Williams diving all over the field trying to catch punts in the rain/fog. Coaching...it's the difference.
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 15, 2015 at 7:46 AM ]

5 wins? 6? Maybe 7 at best. Now add two more years during that rebuild and count up that record then.

That's a what if question. Thought we couldn't talk about those in niner talk?

Harbaugh was going to Michigan no matter what.

Better question would be why is Tomsula the HC instead of Vic?
Lol, you guys crack me up. In a year or two when Harbaugh wins it with Michigan, what will be the next excuse?
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
Lol, you guys crack me up. In a year or two when Harbaugh wins it with Michigan, what will be the next excuse?

Has Harbaugh EVER won the big one...Ohio...I'd be more impressed if he came back to the NFL and took over the Browns and made them a contender.

Now THAT I agree with!

I'm sure they'll find something else

No, calling 3 straight fades to Crabtree are what lost you a Superbowl. As is having a horrendous offensive system that forces your HC to call a TO on the only play Roman ran that had a legit chance to score a TD. Or not having the thought insight of adding a pressure-beater knowing full-well the Ravens are bringing a 0 blitz. Or having a concussed Kyle Williams diving all over the field trying to catch punts in the rain/fog. Coaching...it's the difference.

So a good pass wins the super bowl? I dont think Jim was the QB out there.

How about LaMikes fumble or the KR TD or blown coverage for a TD bomb? All Jim's fault too I guess.

That same team that barely got 5-6 wins last year with Brady Hoke? Lol, Now Harbaugh exeeds expectations. You mean those players he coached? When he gets his players in a couple of years he will win it all. Maybe the niners should have done the same instead we are in shambles and no harbaugh to blame.
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Dec 15, 2015 at 7:51 AM ]
Same excuses as last year. Only difference last year, Jim's fault. This year Kaps fault.

Has Harbaugh EVER won the big one...Ohio...I'd be more impressed if he came back to the NFL and took over the Browns and made them a contender.

Michigan record was garbage last year. what do you mean wait til a couple of years like he inherited a winning team?
Share 49ersWebzone