LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 201 users in the forums

2015-16 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

And play Tarik Black for f**ks sake
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

They will. They wanted to stay small with Kelly since Minny was pretty much playing small as well. Only reason we saw so much Kelly. I think the depth that we have is good and we're able to play different guys depending on how the game is going.
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

They will. They wanted to stay small with Kelly since Minny was pretty much playing small as well. Only reason we saw so much Kelly. I think the depth that we have is good and we're able to play different guys depending on how the game is going.

No. Even if we play "small ball" I want to see no part of Ryan Kelly. He is an absolute scrub. Small ball works if you play players with talent.
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Originally posted by GameOver:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by susweel:
another season of unwatchable basketball these aint the lakers Im used to watching.

Perhaps but look at it this way...... they are more watchable than the 49ers.

2015-16 isnt going to be the Lakers year but they have some young talent and could contend next year. They simply need to get one more top 10 prospect, see Kobe walk into the sunset, and use the money they will have to land a big time FA. I could see things turning around pretty quickly next year if those things happen.

in franchise history, we never missed the playoffs 3 years in a row. mitch better be cooking up a great deal.

They are making the playoffs this year but all things must come to an end. The future is brighter than the present.

for us to make the playoffs this year with the current roster, it would take an injury free season and our young guys able to play consistent basketball for 82 games. it's a long shot, wouldn't bet on it.

There's a better chance of the 49ers finishing this year with a .500 or better record than the Lakers making the playoffs. Not to be all sus about stuff, but I think that's the honest truth.
Especially in the West. The chase for the 8th seed is gonna be intense.

I didn't read any of this thread before posting my last comment.

To be honest, I think the Lakers could make the playoffs this year. If they could figure out how to make defensive adjustments, they will be fine. Honestly I think this team should win 40 games this year, at least. Lou Williams and Marcelo Huertas, I believe, will be two of the more underrated additions in the NBA this season. Swaggy P is going to implode more nights than not but that's what you get with him. I think Brandon Bass will come around. He had a rough first game vs the T-Wolves but hes been a consistent 10-6 guy for most of his career so that's close to what I expect from him on the second line.

One thing is for certain, this team is way better than last season and I don't think it's close.
Guys...lol we aren't making the playoffs. Don't set yourselves up for bitter disappointment.
Guys...lol we aren't making the playoffs. Don't set yourselves up for bitter disappointment.

This. Just hope they're somewhat respectable and that'll go better for you. lol
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

This. Just hope they're somewhat respectable and that'll go better for you. lol

I just said we could. I never said we would. I'm hoping we are a bottom 3 team so we can keep that pick lol
Kobe is comically bad.
The flying f**k.

At this point, I have a love hate relationship with Kobe. It really is one or the other.

And the f**k is with D'Angelo's usage? Yes, they're giving him the ball but what's the point if it's just to bring it up and dump it to Kobe and let Kobe operate?

This D is s**t but their O is pathetic. This game looked like a pickup game at times. Can we pretend to look like an NBA team and run some offensive sets here? Defensively, can we try to stay in front of our guys and play as a unit? Maybe?
74 points in a half...i think they need to play better defense

How do you guys feel about Hibbert on your team? Seems like an odd fit. He slows down the pace. That guy is SO damn slow.

Clarkson looks sick.
Originally posted by sacniner:
How do you guys feel about Hibbert on your team? Seems like an odd fit. He slows down the pace. That guy is SO damn slow.

Clarkson looks sick.

I don't think it's a coincidence that you guys were dominating the paint the entire time Roy was out of the game. I mean, not like we were a staunch defensive tank down there with Roy but there's a noticeable uptick.
[ Edited by GameOver on Oct 30, 2015 at 8:26 PM ]

Clarkson looks sick.

I don't think it's a coincidence that you guys were dominating the paint the entire time Roy was out of the game. I mean, not like we were a staunch defensive tank down there with Roy but there's a noticeable uptick.

Yeah, he is basically the only size you guys have right? I mean he is slow a s**t but a huge body.

Clarkson looks sick.

Yeah, he is basically the only size you guys have right? I mean he is slow a s**t but a huge body.

I mean, Sacre and Black aren't pushovers. Bass has some meat on his bones. But Roy has size and uses it well. Plus, he doesn't suck. And wants to play D. And does it well.

Nice end to the 3rd. Clarkson looks great man. D is still super meh.
[ Edited by GameOver on Oct 30, 2015 at 8:59 PM ]
Team MVPs through two games have to be Clarkson and Swaggy...right?

Swaggy actually hitting everything now that he put a ring on it.
Share 49ersWebzone