LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

NRL Rugby League, General Discussion.

Well done NQ!!!

ALL QLD FINAL...

Dominant performance, Thurston continues his journey further down the path to greatness …
[ Edited by SportOvaFilmTV on Sep 26, 2015 at 2:35 PM ]
If thurston does play the final then cowboys will win, too many state and national representatives on the team.
However the broncos are a champion team, can it be said that a champion team can beat a team of champions?!?
Watch this space...
Neither team is loaded roster wise , one is a credit to the coach, and the other a credit to the halfback. It's gonna be Thurston vs Bennett, which is perfect really.
Quote=Tonedog]Neither team is loaded roster wise , one is a credit to the coach, and the other a credit to the halfback. It's gonna be Thurston vs Bennett, which is perfect really.
Ugh look again mate at the cowboys team they do have representative players more than what the broncos have big diff.
Tamou should definitely not be a rep player, in no way is he good. No one understands why hannant was ever a rep player.

So what do they have? Matt Scott is legit as all fk, Thurston obviously, Morgan is very good but so young his rep selection was a bit of a head scratcher... Who am I missing? Oh taumololo... I'll pay that, he's good (though extremely quiet a lot of the time).

Broncos have Hodges, thaiday, Boyd, gillet... Hunt is def rep worthy and locked in to replace cronk soon, Milford is unlucky, by all standards is a rep-like talent.

Both teams have a lot of dud nobodies, roster wise they seem pretty even to me and certainly not the 2 best rosters in the league by any stretch.
Originally posted by Tonedog:

Both teams have a lot of dud nobodies, roster wise they seem pretty even to me and certainly not the 2 best rosters in the league by any stretch.
Yeah both teams seem pretty even to me .
Something a lot of people forget "mainly nsw fans when they are screaming that qld are only dominant because they have all these star rep players" is most of Queenslands original team at the start of the decade were dud nobodies and were given no chance to win Origin, Heck people were even calling for Locky's head.. How things have changed... They all start as nobodies...

If both teams play their best games its going to be one heck of a good Final.. I'm expecting it to be similar to their last game in the first week of finals.
[ Edited by growlzee on Sep 28, 2015 at 4:55 PM ]
Yeah origin turns good players into great players, OR exposes them as not that good after all. I really think Qld has won the battle over the years by believing in its talent and backing them, while nsw has been fickle and wishy washy.
First of all I hate the nsw blues with a passion, now tonedawg there are/were 'representatives' in the cowboys side

J thurston current
Matt scott current
J tamou current
B hannant ex
A winterstein samoa
J taumalolo nz
M wright samoa
R thompson png
R kostjasyn irelan
K linnett scotland
J oncil vanuatu

Now whatever you think or belittle nations that mean nothing, these players did and some still represent, wether theyre good or not they still beat the best team in the business and thats the storm.

It will be a true battle...
[ Edited by dazlendazle on Sep 28, 2015 at 9:47 PM ]
Originally posted by dazlendazle:
First of all I hate the nsw blues with a passion, now tonedawg there are representatives in the cowboys side its just that youre on your high horse or too far up your ahole.

J thurston current
Matt scott current
J tamou current
B hannant ex
A winterstein samoa
J taumalolo nz
M wright samoa
R thompson png
R kostjasyn irelan
K linnett scotland
J oncil vanuatu

Now whatever you think or belittle nations that mean nothing, these players did and some still represent, wether theyre good or not they still beat the best team in the business and thats the storm.

It will be a true battle...

Samoa
PNG
Ireland
Scottland
Vanuatu

With all do respect a lot of these teams get filled up with a lot of guys who wouldn't even be able to get a game in either professional league "super league or NRL" let alone State of origin or a top International side. That's just fact not belittling them.. That's a whole lot different to being a rep player for NZ or An Australian rep.. And I'm not saying they can't be great but chances are if you play for Australia or New Zealand or State Of Origin... You are pretty much one of the top players in the world.

And yes they beat the storm.. Bronco's beat them tho... Both teams are good, Both have some elite reps in their sides.. It should be a good game.
What representative do you not understand they played for these minnow nations but they still played against the best, kangaroos, kiwis.
That in itself is a tester for the team or the individual.

By the way not just any nrl player can represent other nations, they have to at least have blood ties or living and playing in that nation and then they have to compete for position against other players to represent.
It aint a walk in the park as you think it is.
[ Edited by dazlendazle on Sep 28, 2015 at 11:12 PM ]

Originally posted by dazlendazle:
What representative do you not understand they played for these minnow nations but they still played against the best, kangaroos, kiwis.
That in itself is a tester for the team or the individual.

By the way not just any nrl player can represent other nations, they have to at least have blood ties or living and playing in that nation and then they have to compete for position against other players to represent.

So you saying if i played a game against good players and got flogged that makes me *tested* as good as them? All the Australian team and New Zealand team play in the NRL, They have all played against the best.

Mate its common knowledge you have to have some ties to those nations and be picked to play.. However you don't need any ties to make it to the NRL or Super League and most of the players in minnow nation teams aren't good enough to play in either competitions. When people talk about rep players in professional rugby league, they are usually talking about elite, high profile and payed players that give a team extra advantage. That was the context it was being used as in this thread atleast.
[ Edited by growlzee on Sep 28, 2015 at 11:19 PM ]
I only said ties to the minnow nations by blood or playing there not the nrl.
There are professionals from these nations who play nrl, superleague or other that have all the skills that the aussies and kiwis rely on.
If you're in the Nrl you're automatically good enough for those rep teams so it's redundant to classify them as rep players for the sake of this argument.

For the record I couldn't be happier with this gf, I'm not criticising them I'm praising them for prevailing over more loaded squads. I'm more inclined to criticise the teams like the roosters which are just all rep players because to me they're cheating, whether they've found a way to stay under the cap or not.
Hodges fronting the judiciary right now trying to get his charge dropped. What do you think? Should this charge be upheld or dropped?

Edit: Well, they've cleared Hodges based on Guerra admitting he jumped on his own head in an effort to milk the penalty.
[ Edited by Zealot on Sep 29, 2015 at 3:17 AM ]
Thats the club heirarchy that try and play the numbers game, the players can only agree, disagree, take a salary cut or leave.
Share 49ersWebzone