LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

NRL Rugby League, General Discussion.

Originally posted by growlzee:
Originally posted by Zealot:
Would love to know what proportion of the crowd is NSW too.

Yeah seems to have filled up! Read a lot of talk about it not filling up because no NSW teams were in it.. Lol just butt hurt roaches...

Can't be all Queenslanders in that crowd.
Who are these old dudes singing on stage?
Can't be all Queenslanders in that crowd.

Nope.. Pretty sure a lot of them are tho.. I have a ton of friends and family who went down for the game.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Haha, Cold Chisel, pretty iconic aussie rock band from late 70's and 80's. I was actually gonna post that you yanks might wanna wait till they're off. Old Barnsey is a bit hard on the ear.

And g'day Stoney. Hope you enjoy our game.
[ Edited by Zealot on Oct 4, 2015 at 1:05 AM ]

Jimmi barnes lol... Cold Chisel :)

Haha, Cold Chisel, pretty iconic aussie rock band from late 70's and 80's. I was actually gonna post that you yanks might wanna wait till they're off. Old Barnsey is a bit hard on the ear.

Yeah, I figured they were pretty popular. Everybody is really excited . lol

They need to hurry up. I'm leaving for the 49ers game in 8 hours. I doubt I'll see the whole thing, but jeez. Hurry the f**k up and start playing already.
Had to look up 'Cold Chisel', I like the blues vibe though. Glad I can finally catch a live NRL game.

They need to hurry up. I'm leaving for the 49ers game in 8 hours. I doubt I'll see the whole thing, but jeez. Hurry the f**k up and start playing already.

One huge difference you'll notice is the game is non stop. No breaks for ads and stuff, no time-outs. 80 minutes of game is usually done in 100-110 minutes of real time.

You're pretty impatient for a guy who's used to ad breaks and time-outs haha!
[ Edited by Zealot on Oct 4, 2015 at 1:15 AM ]
Originally posted by BodhiPaddlesOut:
Had to look up 'Cold Chisel', I like the blues vibe though. Glad I can finally catch a live NRL game.

Welcome mate, hope you like it.

This will probably last an hour or so.. Pre-game entertainment, fire work, National Anthem speeches etc :(
[ Edited by growlzee on Oct 4, 2015 at 1:13 AM ]

Originally posted by growlzee:

This will last an hour or so.. Pre-game entertainment :(

My understanding was kick-off is meant to be 7:15pm Sydney time, which is pretty much now?
My understanding was kick-off is meant to be 7:15pm Sydney time, which is pretty much now?

Really? I was thinking it was our time.. 7:30 .. You might be right Barnsey has played now theres really not much more to do..

Yup they are gearing up .. Game will start very soon!
[ Edited by growlzee on Oct 4, 2015 at 1:18 AM ]
Oh, for our American friends, feel free to ask any questions you may have. We'll be too busy drinking to answer!
Oh, for our American friends, feel free to ask any questions you may have. We'll be too busy drinking to answer!

Lol yeah my posts will get slurry'er as the game goes on .. Drinking Vodka's .. So pumped for this to start!
Crowd is pumped! If you can believe what they say, only 30k of them are Qlders.
Share 49ersWebzone